Sox vs Angels Game Thread

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is revisionist history, but it's too bad that Ozzie didn't pull Haeger after he allowed the two base runners in the 5th inning. It was obvious at that point that he wasn't going to get out of the inning, but those 2 runs loom large right now.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 10, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Who would you take out of the rotation?

I said it all offseason, Garland or Contreras. Naturally, Contreras isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and has made me eat my words (which I'll gladly eat by the way, its great seeing him succeed), but I still think that the contract extension to Garland was just downright foolish in terms of what he got (no trade clause IIRC) and the amount of money it was.

Guest JimH
They better start B-Mac Monday...That gives him the proper rest too,

Haeger could be used as a long man if necessary over the weekend but again it will depend on how McCarthy feels. I know they want to be extremely cautious with him. Bouncing him back and forth between starting and relieving is not what they wanted to do.

Maybe they put him on a pitch count and if the bullpen is spent by then, back him up with Haeger.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:57 AM)
His arm's probably not ready for it.

Put him on a pitch count of 60, and hope he can give you 5 innings. With all the lefties the Twins will have in the lineup, someone like Thornton could give you an inning against them.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 10, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
I said it all offseason, Garland or Contreras. Naturally, Contreras isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and has made me eat my words (which I'll gladly eat by the way, its great seeing him succeed), but I still think that the contract extension to Garland was just downright foolish in terms of what he got (no trade clause IIRC) and the amount of money it was.

Considering the market for pitching, I'd say Jon's contract is more than fair.

Game over. Cotts should have definately stayed in.

Good night guys, it was a great game to watch.

Personally, I want Haeger to go on Monday, just cause I love watching his stuff. Hah, the knuckleball is insane.

GO WHITE SOX!

Jenks and his 93 mph fastball there. I don't get how he can be so inconsistent from appearance to appearance. We've got to hold back on how often we use him, and with Cotts showing good stuff tonight, he probably should have stayed in.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 10, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
Considering the market for pitching, I'd say Jon's contract is more than fair.

I disagree, but this isn't the time or the thread for that discussion :P

QUOTE(fathom @ May 10, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
Jenks and his 93 mph fastball there. I don't get how he can be so inconsistent from appearance to appearance. We've got to hold back on how often we use him, and with Cotts showing good stuff tonight, he probably should have stayed in.

I'll agree with ya there.