Promote our studs

Jim Fainter

After scanning our four minor league rosters, I came up with twelve players who should be promoted to their next level.

Miles

Ginter

Cotts

Pacheco

Ring

Meaux

Honel

Reed

Yan

Webster

Rupe

Lamura

R. Hummell

I realize that the underlying philosophy is NOT to rush our minor leaguers because we have so much talent on the parent team, but these guys have done the job and deserve the opportunity to progress. A few might struggle, but several would possibly thrive with the increased competition level.

Ginter and his career 5.57 era, ummm I'll pass.  White out, someone good in.

Well other than Ginter we could call up Adkins, Almonte, Diaz, Malone, Munoz, Porzio, Rauch, Stewart or West.

So far this year I believe Ginter has the best numbers of these guys: 2-1 2.75era in 36IP

What happens if we wanted someone not on the 40man roster to come up?

After scanning our four minor league rosters, I came up with twelve players who should be promoted to their next level.

Miles

Ginter

Cotts

Pacheco

Ring

Meaux

Honel

Reed

Yan

Webster

Rupe

Lamura

R. Hummell

I realize that the underlying philosophy is NOT to rush our minor leaguers because we have so much talent on the parent team, but these guys have done the job and deserve the opportunity to progress.  A few might struggle, but several would possibly thrive with the increased competition level.

You forgot Yofu!

I agree with Jim.

why not?

Bring those guys up and experiment the next month or 2 and bring most of the regular guys up for September when it gets cold again.

People might come out to the park to watch this team of minor leaguers if they reduce prices a bit also.

I agree with Jim.

why not?

Bring those guys up and experiment the next month or 2 and bring most of the regular guys up for September when it gets cold again.

People might come out to the park to watch this team of minor leaguers if they reduce prices a bit also.

I agree with that only if they're AAA guys like Miles and the likes so you won't piss away options just for fun.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Of course I'd say keep this team a while if we'd just fire JM and KW.

I mean geez how can we continue status quo???

Just to avoid having to pay JM and another manager??

fire the team and keep jm..... its not his fault that we have lazy, good for nothings who are so self centered ...........get rid of them all and bring up the trip a team..... at least they will play with heart and desire......probably a lot more interesting to watch too......... :fyou this team............the whole selfish bunch of them......... :headbang

fire the team and keep jm..... its not his fault that we have lazy, good for nothings who are so self centered ...........get rid of them all and bring up the trip a team..... at least they will play with heart and desire......probably a lot more interesting to watch too......... :fyou this team............the whole selfish bunch of them......... :headbang

I have to disagree there... the team's showed a willingness to work before. When THIS many players are underachieving, I don't care if they're paid minimum wage or ARod-type salary, it's the leader's fault. The leader in this case is JM.

Guest hotsoxchick1

I have to disagree there... the team's showed a willingness to work before. When THIS many players are underachieving, I don't care if they're paid minimum wage or ARod-type salary, it's the leader's fault. The leader in this case is JM.

and i guess we will disagree then..... in this case its not the leader, its the many individuals which are killing this team............if everyone doesnt work as a unit then it wont work no matter whos at the helm..........too many selfcentered people in the clubhouse.... maybe they should take out the mirrors and put in windows instead??? :huh: ............ ;)

and i guess we will disagree then..... in this case its not the leader, its the many individuals which are killing this team............if everyone doesnt work as a unit then it wont work no matter whos at the helm..........too many selfcentered people in the clubhouse.... maybe they should take out the mirrors and put in windows instead??? :huh: ............ ;)

I guess we will disagree.

HSC....I think I'm gonna agree with JTC. Manuel may not be a bad manager....but he has got to get these guys motivated enough to play ball. If he has to do it every night, so be it.

He's gotta get them to bust their ass. If they aren't busting their ass on every play, then bench them and put someone else in. If DJ isn't busting his ass, bench him and use Tony G. If PK isn't busting his ass then bench him and use Daubach at first. If Lee or Maggs or Borchard....if anyone isn't busting their ass, bench them. If Manuel can't figure that out, then he does not deserve to be manager. That's where the manager needs to take the blame.

Guest hotsoxchick1

obviously you have never been in charge of a group of people who did not want to be motivated unless it was for their self serving purposes......i dont care if you put Jesus Christ in charge of this bunch of misfits... even he couldnt motivate them to play well for him..... they are very selfish and so into the "ME" thing right now the only thing that theres left to do is dump the whole f***in bunch of them and move onto new faces........less selfserving faces.....anxious and thankful to play faces.....this bunch just isnt cutting it anymore.......period..........overpaid primadonnas.........

HSC, this time you are wrong. Almost all of us can be motivated by somebody. Most of us want to be motivated by somebody. In sports, it makes such a critical difference who the motivator is. I don't care if it is Pop Warner football or major league baseball. That is why certain coaches can go just about anywhere and succeed. Look what Holtz did at South Carolina or Pittino at Louisville. The change was immediate. Conversely, look at Manual in Chicago.

I don't think the Sox have the talent to get into the playoffs, but they clearly are not motivated and probably won't be until there is a change.

Leadership is everywhere, but so is the lack of it. I have seen a young girls' basketball team with kids who had never played and could not even dribble be taken over by a coach who turned them into a team that won a few games at the end of its season. He motivated them. Do you know the George Allen story at Longbeach State? Best coaching story in recent years. He took a team that had not won forever, saw them lose its first four games, and then won their next five. He motivated those guys. It is leadership to the nth degree.

The Sox don't have it, and until they get leadership, we will continue b****ing.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont think im wrong .. different things motivate people in different ways... true...but why should anyone on this team be motivated to do anything .. they are already gettin paid for their non motivation.. take away the money and maybe they will start playing......... :huh: that decision will come from higher above..........

In general. I don't see a lack of motivation on this team. It's hard to look motivated in a 3-up 3 down inning. I see guys hustling, trying to make things happen. Even to the point that they are making mistakes of over aggressiveness. Look at Olivo's last too base running errors... trying to be aggresive and advance to the next base. Ill conceived under the circumstance, but not a lack of hustle. Even the play that ended the game last night. I think these guys are pressing too much to make things happen. They are so damn snakebit right now, that everything they decide to do, or not do, turns out to be the wrong thing.

Guest hotsoxchick1

face it they flat out suck and it has nothing to do with jm......they just arent doing their jobs..........hell jm doesnt collect all those checks .... the players do....i say take away their cash till they start playing like they are capable of and we see a different ball club around here.....money is the best motivator........ ;) :lol: :D

face it they flat out suck and it has nothing to do with jm......they just arent doing their jobs..........hell jm doesnt collect all those checks .... the players do....i say take away their cash till they start playing like they are capable of and we see a different ball club around here.....money is the best motivator........ ;)  :lol:  :D

If only it were that easy. Contracts and such seem to make that a bit difficult.

Guest hotsoxchick1

contracts are made to be broken... jr has a great legal team.. im sure there are a huge bunch of loop holes in those contracts he holds...... :lol: