Tigers are gonna be tough to catch

brijames

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ May 27, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
I've said it before and I'll say it again. No way can Detroit go at this pace all season. There going to hit alot of bumps along the way. The White Sox are still the champs till someone beats us. :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro:

The Sox weren't going to keep it up last season either...and then they like DID go at that pace all season. :huh

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
The Sox weren't going to keep it up last season either...and then they like DID go at that pace all season. :huh

They did not play at this current Tigers pace all season. They played parts of it well and slumped toward the end. Cleveland was poor at the start.

Detroit will eventually slump like we did. But we're not starting slow like Cleveland, and we should be able to retain the Divison by the end.

QUOTE(WCSox @ May 27, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
You mean they're not going to win 130 games this season? :o

I'm happy for the Tigers. They haven't had a 90-win season or playoff appearance in 19 years. It's nice to see a storied franchise pull themselves out of the crapper.

That said, we're not even two full months into the season. A lot can happen between now and the All-Star break. (Hell, Maroth just went on the DL with elbow issues.) It won't be until July or so that we know if the Tigers are true contenders or just this year's incarnation of the '05 Orioles or '03 Royals.

I think I speak for all true Chicago sports fans when I say...

f*** Detroit.

There isn't a city I hate more in professional sports than Detroit, whether it be Wings, Lions, Tigers, or Pistons, f*** them all. All of them could lose for an entire season, and I would be disappointed they won an exhibition game.

I hate Detroit.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:38 PM)

f*** Detroit.

There isn't a city I hate more in professional sports than Detroit, whether it be Wings, Lions, Tigers, or Pistons, f*** them all. All of them could lose for an entire season, and I would be disappointed they won an exhibition game.

I hate Detroit.

I also hate eminem...

I'm a believer, but one thing that Detroit hasn't been is pennant closing tested. Experience will be a factor, and like Cleveland last year, Detroit will finish second, and possibly pick up a wildcard.

Well i think we can look at detroit being hot with a positive outlook....

They are 35-15, playing EXTREMELY well and haveing all the breaks goin their way

We are 32-17, playing solid baseball but have not gotten on a steady roll yet.

They are playing the hottest baseball possible.... and we are ONLY 2.5 games out in late May.

We're fine right now... I'll worry when its august and we're 7 games out.

:gosoxretro:

I look at it this way. The Sox aren't playing anywhere near as well as last year, yet they still have the second best record in baseball and (assuming Cleveland holds on today) are only 1.5 games back. If the Sox start to click better, look out.

QUOTE(Balance @ May 28, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
I look at it this way. The Sox aren't playing anywhere near as well as last year, yet they still have the second best record in baseball and (assuming Cleveland holds on today) are only 1.5 games back. If the Sox start to click better, look out.

Haha yeah I wish it was 1.5 too. Hopefully it gets that way and smaller very soon.

I will admit the Tigers have a good team but relax it is only the end of may. If they are still in first place in August then I'll get concerned. We'll see how they do after the all star break. That is what seperates the men from the boys.

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:38 PM)

f*** Detroit.

I hate Detroit.

You're blocking. Let your true feelings out, it'll be much better for you.

The Tigers have a tough stretch of games coming up, so we will see where they stand on June 11th after 4 games vs the Yanks, 3 vs Bos, 3 @ Sox, and 3 @ Tor.

That is 13 straight games vs winning teams.

Later in the month they get 9 more games vs winning teams in interleague play (Mil, Stl, and Hou).

For the month of June, that is 22 games vs winning teams. If they are legit, they will still be in 1st on July 1st.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 27, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
Come back when they play a .500 team or greater, and beat them up. Then we'll talk.

Lets talk now.

Im tired of people telling me the Tigers are not for real because they have played few games against teams with winning records. Consider this:

Clevelands overall record: 24-25

Against Detroit: 3-7

vs. the rest of baseball: 21-18

Twins overall record: 23-26

Against Detroit: 2-7

vs the rest of baseball: 21-19

The only reason Minnesota and the Tribe are not over .500 this season is because Detroit has kicked thier asses. This overloaded divisonal schedule has skewed everyones SOS numbers. Its utter nonsense to even attempt to explain away Detroit using this logic.

Let me expand on this a bit. If Detroit was the usual horrible team that everyone in baseball had become accustomed to and the numbers were reversed the Twinsand Clevelands records would both be 28-21.

Edited by Dawgs