Jermaine Dye

Kalapse

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
I know you guys may not like it, but we could team up with WSI to start a campaign,,,,,

11gq2hk.jpg

"Now hold on, that is a rash decision"

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:35 AM)
Guys dont you remember people from the east coast think thats "bush league", which is all the more reason to do it.

haha it wouldnt be bush league when he deserves to be there but doesnt get the recognition

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
just changed my sig a little. we need to spread the word around.

we should pin a "get jermaine dye in the allstar game" thread . and leave it up there until voting ends :)

Just saying.. if we could get pods in, Im sure we could get dye in if White Sox nation gave an effort. IUt would be our first positional starter in almost a decade.

We got a lot of help from Red Sox fans that just didn't want to see Jeter in the ASG. It would be a whole s***load harder to get Dye voted into the starting lineup of the All-Star team.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)
We got a lot of help from Red Sox fans that just didn't want to see Jeter in the ASG. It would be a whole s***load harder to get Dye voted into the starting lineup of the All-Star team.

we have more time to work :)

just saying.. if sox WS merchandise can be one of the best all time in sales... Im sure we have the fans out there to make some noise for one player. The cards fans do it all the time.

Edited by rangercal

In JD's last 162 games dating back to early last year:

.294 BA (595 ABs)

.367 OBP

.578 SLG

.945 OPS

97 Runs

44 HRs

119 RBIs

31 2Bs

14 SBs

Those are some pretty nice numbers to go along with some stellar defense. Definitely underrated.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 07:11 AM)
I'm on board for getting Jermaine Dye in the ASG, lets do it :)

I just did another 50 ASG votes. All Sox starters minus Brian Anderson since I wrote in Jim Thome as the 3rd outfielder.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:34 AM)
If you guys think we can get it done, I'll be glad to put in as many votes as I can. Dye definitely has the numbers to back it up.

It can't hurt. He's more than deserving of the spot. I've sent in a bunch this morning :P

Dye doesn't get as much attention for two reasons:

1. He doesn't play in Boston or New York (believe me it has nothing to do with it being Chicago)

2. He hasn't put up monster stats like this for years on end, in fact most people thought his career was pretty much over a couple of years ago.

Of course, even as a Tigers fan I copmletely agree that he should be starting in the all star game, last year he was the one guy on the Sox I hated to see due up in a big situation against us. (Thome has joined him this year of course :))

I'll definitely do my part to get JD in the ASG. It makes me sick to see so many Red Sox and Yanks in the Starting Lineup. But even if even he isn't voted in, don't forget Ozzie's the manager. He'll pick him as a reserve.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
I just put in 50 votes. If the admin teams for wsi and soxtalk can both pin a thread and start a campaign, Im sure word can spread fast to sox fans everywhere.

I just finished 100 votes for the day. :gosox1:

Figured I'd bump this thread for a damn good reason, with his 2-3 (1HR, 1BB) night Jermaine Dye has now shot up the list of top OPS' in baseball all the way up to #2 behind Albert "god" Pujols who is not currently active.

So for the national media I just have 1 thing to say, jump on this guys back he's currently THE BEST HITTER IN BASEBALL! 1.099 OPS is just sick.

RNK NAME POS HR RBI OPS

1.) Albert Pujols 1B 25 65 1.193 CARDINALS

2.) Jermaine Dye OF 18 43 1.099 WHITE SOX

3.) Jim Thome DH 21 53 1.092 WHITE SOX

4.) Jason Giambi 1B 16 47 1.089 YANKEES

5.) Travis Hafner DH 16 51 1.070 INDIANS

6.) Jason Bay OF 18 49 1.056 PIRATES

7.) Miguel Cabrera 3B 9 43 1.014 MARLINS

8.) Vernon Wells OF 15 46 1.006 BLUE JAYS

9.) Alex Rios OF 11 43 1.004 BLUE JAYS

10.) Manny Ramirez OF 14 37 .996 RED SOX

Sure is interesting seeing 2 Sox hitters in the top 3 in baseball.

Edited by Kalapse