Tigers @ White Sox, Game Thread

NYSox35

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
OK I'll bite.

Why trade Garcia this upcoming offseason?

How the f*** is Garcia considered a "bad" pitcher? :angry:

It's a question of value. We can't afford to leave McCarthy in the rotataion for another season

Garcia may be more appealing to a team looking for a proven veteran with playoff experience and one year remaining on his contract. I don't believe Vazquez, Count or Buehrle are leaving.

And Garland? LOL. Let's not talk about that mess.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW...this was one of the reasons that I thought the Rogers signing was great for the Tigers. He's always given us trouble.

Yep...if he keeps pitching like the way he's doing, his ERA is going to be above 5 for the season.

Fathom, get a clue.

Garcia's only bad outings have come against the Indians and Blue Jays. Two teams known for their offenses.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:17 AM)
OK I'll bite.

Why trade Garcia this upcoming offseason?

How the f*** is Garcia considered a "bad" pitcher? :angry:

Why not? He has one year left on his deal, and I think he's past his peak. We need to open up a hole for McCarthy next season, and Garcia is the best fit for someone to get traded. I have more confidence in Garland rebounding in 2007 than I do Garcia.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
It's meant to prove that the Quality Start stat is incredibly flawed.

Flawed as it may be, throwing 9 QS in 12 chances means you aren't a bad pitcher. He's had 3 'bad' games all year. In every other game he's given up 3 ER or less. To me that isn't anywhere near, and I quote, "bad pitching."

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
It's a question of value. We can't afford to leave McCarthy in the rotataion for another season

Garcia may be more appealing to a team looking for a proven veteran with playoff experience and one year remaining on his contract. I don't believe Vazquez, Count or Buehrle are leaving.

why would we want to trade him then?? we all know how good he is in the playoffs. im sure there are plenty of teams willing to trade for gar-we would have to eat a chunk of the contract though.

>jeez, gar will be making more than count the next few years

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
Flawed as it may be, throwing 9 QS in 12 chances means you aren't a bad pitcher. He's had 3 'bad' games all year. In every other game he's given up 3 ER or less. To me that isn't anywhere near, and I quote, "bad pitching."

What I posted had nothing to do with any conversation that was going on, I was simply stating that the QS stat is pretty much useless.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
Fathom, get a clue.

Garcia's only bad outings have come against the Indians and Blue Jays. Two teams known for their offenses.

And get this....we face a lot of good hitting teams the rest of the way. We've played a lot of games against the bad hitting teams like the Angels (they were brutal when we played them), Tampa, KC, Cubs, etc. Since they're good hitting teams, should Garcia just not pitch on Sunday vs the Indians?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
Haha, Garland pitched like s***. Jeez, does he have to give up 9 consecutive homers to have a bad start?

That wouldn't even do it because there would probably be several close calls between those home runs which his supporters would mention.

"He would have got out of the inning if not for the ridiculous zone!"

Maybe they'd mention the weather:

"This wind is ridiculous!"

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Flash, would you rather pay to make Garland go away and have BMac and Garcia in your rotation? Or would you rather trade away Garcia and have Garland and BMac in your rotation?

I think Garland will get his ERA down to 4.5-4.7 giving him SOME value.

Doesn't Garcia have an option for 2008? That would give a team 2 years of Freddy's service

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And get this....we face a lot of good hitting teams the rest of the way. We've played a lot of games against the bad hitting teams like the Angels (they were brutal when we played them), Tampa, KC, Cubs, etc. Since they're good hitting teams, should Garcia just not pitch on Sunday vs the Indians?

Um, no. For one it's a day game, and two, my point is not for you to have a stick so far up your ass to the point you want to get rid of a guy because two teams have drastically inflated his stats.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:25 AM)
Damn, does Uribe in Crede's slot in the line up look like a huge hole on the upcomming line up.

A.) I hope we get to him.

B.) I hope the birth of his kid is inspirational.

C.) How do we work Pablo into this game?

If Crede goes on the DL, it's Josh Fields time. We can't play Uribe, Cintron, and Iguchi at the same time for 2 weeks or more.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
Fathom, get a clue.

Garcia sucked on Tuesday night. He just got bailed out by an offense that is struggling right now and stranded a lot of baserunners.

Your starting pitching is still strong but it does not look nearly as strong as last year.