NYSox35

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
DJ continues to talk about the good pitching performance by Garland. And now Hawk's blaming the umpire. I haven't seen Garland throw one pitch that I thought was a strike, but called a ball.

Hawk sounds stupid blaming umps tonight.

Guest JimH
Quick observation....we need to change our approach against lefties.

They need to pick one side of the plate or the other with this guy. No one can cover the whole plate on this guy, unless he's totally off and that's rare.

Garland is at 122 pitches right now.

Let him throw until his arm falls off. I can't even be sarcastic about Garland anymore. I f***ing hate him and his pussy ass mentality.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
"For whatever reason"??? I have a reason for you: his career. Look at the various years of his career. He has a bunch of mediocre years, ONE GOOD YEAR and then this crappy year. How does one good year make him a good pitcher? On the contrary, he has proven that he is at best a mediocre pitcher.

See, now logically this is just stupid. Garland hasn't proven anything, good or bad. He's proven he's having an awfully s***ty start to this season, and he proved that he had a great start to last season. I'm certainly not going to be dumb enough to sit here and say Garland will have an ERA over 6 the rest of his life.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
"For whatever reason"??? I have a reason for you: his career. Look at the various years of his career. He has a bunch of mediocre years, ONE GOOD YEAR and then this crappy year. How does one good year make him a good pitcher? On the contrary, he has proven that he is at best a mediocre pitcher.

No question which starter will be packaged away in off season, with any luck! :pray

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
DJ continues to talk about the good pitching performance by Garland. And now Hawk's blaming the umpire. I haven't seen Garland throw one pitch that I thought was a strike, but called a ball.

i hate it when someone on the sox gives up 5+ runs and ozzie or hawk/dj say they pitched/threw the ball good. i bet ozzies gunn say that today. i dont give a s*** if they had great stuff, struck out 10 or whatever:5+ runs is a lot and all that matters

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:59 AM)
See, now logically this is just stupid. Garland hasn't proven anything, good or bad. He's proven he's having an awfully s***ty start to this season, and he proved that he had a great start to last season. I'm certainly not going to be dumb enough to sit here and say Garland will have an ERA over 6 the rest of his life.

Garland is such a headcase. Until he learns to keep the ball in the park, he's going to continue to struggle. He's on a record pace for homers allowed.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
If we lose this game it's not the end of the season. s***, we still have time to come back anyway.

I know I'm not upset. This typical bed-wetting pitching performance from Garland isn't unexpected in my mind.

Before the series began I said 2/3 would be acceptable. Everyone should have realized of the matchups entering this three-game set, tonight's presented the most trouble. Honestly, any matchup of an average to above average starter against Garland isn't favorable for us. Wait until the day Santana or Liriano opposes Garland. Talk about a guaranteed defeat....

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:01 AM)
The whole team has been bad tonite, and guess what, same old problem ... lack of execution.

We have to find a way to get Ozuna in the lineup vs lefties. The worst thing to come out of this game is a possible injury to Crede.

Anybody see this today in the Sun Times. It is hard to argue to much for BA, other than the fact that our other guy can't play CF.

THE DEEP SIX

Only six players who have more than 100 at-bats are hitting below .200 as of Wednesday.

Player Team AVG

Rondell White Minn. .193

Jason Lane Hous. .192

Neifi Perez CUBS .192

Aubrey Huff T.B. .182

Tomas Perez T.B. .173

Brian Anderson SOX .158

Source: MLB.com

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
We should have packaged Garland's ass after his fluke year last year.

i hope the sox arent stupid and let freddy leave or trade him. we all know mac is gunna be in the rotation, gar better be the one gone. freddy may not be having a great yr or may not be that good, but hes a stud in the playoffs. ill take my chances w/contreras,garcia,buehrle in the playoffs.

How many mediocre or worse years do you need to have before you have proven yourself? He's had a bunch of mediocre or worse years and ONE GOOD YEAR. How long does he have to do this before people admit that this is who he is?

ONE GOOD YEAR

That one good year resulted in a World championship, chicago's first since

1846. For that I like him and give him a break until he starts the season

0-9 like the Royals' s*** ass pitchers. Shoot me. I like him.