Liefer waived

MnSoxFan

One thing that always impressed me about Liefer, is that every time I saw him at spring training, the guy would absolutely mash the ball. He would put on a show during batting practice.

He showed great power that one year with the Sox, but after that the power was never really there for him. Either way I wish Jeffro like.

I still think the Colon deal was a good one. KW didn't have any idea our offense and defense would suck so bad, nor did anyone else. I also hope we try and sign Colon past this season.

We should have tried to pick up Liefer again too, unless the waiver selection starts at the bottom of the standings meaning TB would have gotten him anyway.

No it means we could have traded Foulke for Colon and had Biddle close and we'd be in much better shape without having to spend so much on Koch.

Rocky would have never closed games for us while we had Marte and Gordon. And even if he did, he would have stunk up for sure.

I hope we keep Colon, also.

We have David Wells one year, get rid of him for money reasons and he all of a sudden gets good again with the Yanks.

That's why I say we are hexed.

Colon is going to excel for years to come, so why only keep him one year??

Keep him.

No it means we could have traded Foulke for Colon and had Biddle close and we'd be in much better shape without having to spend so much on Koch.

Hindsight is always 20/20

When we traded Foulke for Koch, we had NO IDEA WE WOULD EVEN GET A SNIFF OF COLON

You can find fault in everything by looking back and trying to re-sequence stuff in the way that it favors you