6/10 Game Thread

aboz56

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
HOLY s***

Martinez has thrown out 5 people this year now, and one is Ozuna.

He might have even thrown out Ozuna twice. I believe the 1st guy he threw out was either Ozuna or Pods earlier this year.

Has there been one instance this entire season where Uribe and BA have gotten back to back hits? I really don't think it's happened. Has to be the only team in baseball where 2 regulars who bat consecutively have not strung b-2-b hits.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
...and it was completely pointless.

Why not run full out on an 0-2 with a s***ty arm catcher? A single would score him.

Stupid.

Not only that, but I don't think you really want Iguchi leading off next inning.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 06:15 PM)
Has ther been one instance this entire season where Uribe and BA have gotten back to back hits? I really don't think it's happened. Has to be the only team in baseball where 2 regulars who bat consecutively have not strung b-2-b hits.

Back-to-back homers against Silva earlier this year. That's one of the rare times. Anderson just amazes me by having worse ABs every game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
Back-to-back homers against Silva earlier this year. That's one of the rare times. Anderson just amazes me by having worse ABs every game.

I was at last nights game and he looked horrible at the plate. He just seems to have no real approach when he goes up there.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)
You'd hate trading for one of the best hitters in baseball this season? :headshake

If we were able to get Soriano, I'd have no problem with putting Pods in CF, and Soriano in LF. That would be terrible defensively, but it would improve our offense to the point where you might be able to get away with a lesser defense.

no but i hate trading a lot to get him, esp. when he would probably just be a rental player. i wouldnt pay him 11-13 million a yr. i rather get a better hitter for that amount such as lee.

>what a down grade defensively soriano and pods in cf. i rather get clark who would be so much easier to get