White Sox @ Reds

Heads22

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
The Sox just need to keep this close, and if they are behind give Thome a chance to tie it or give them a lead.

is milton still pitching?

i cant watch this game..

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
There's a correllation though. Pitchers with high K numbers certainly have their stuff.

im not saying k's mean nothing, they do. but it depends. like when theres a runner at 3rd with less than two outs, situations like that.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
which is why kerry wood is the most overrated pitcher ever and it also proves how k's are overrated too.

They're not overrated in themself. Pitchers with the abillity to strikeout hitters obviously possess superior stuff. More often than not, strikeout pitchers are the league's best.

Wood's problem is his mechanics. They're destroying his career. If he's healthy again, as he was in 2003, he'll pitch well.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
im not saying k's mean nothing, they do. but it depends. like when theres a runner at 3rd with less than two outs, situations like that.

I really think we have nothing to complain about with Contreras. All pitchers have games like this. If by chance he loses, he will be 18-2 his last 20 decisions counting playoffs.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
I really think we have nothing to complain about with Contreras. All pitchers have games like this. If by chance he loses, he will be 18-2 his last 20 decisions counting playoffs.

Yep, I have no complaints about Contreras. Hatteberg has always hurt us, and they had some soft singles in big spots.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
He was 1-4 with 3 K and a HR. That's kind of hard to draw anything from.

who frank? actually i think that was 2 years ago, when frank did real bad. i dunno, i just remember him pinch hitting against the cubs and struck out all the times i saw him.

Interesting.

Hawk talking specifics about Griffey's contract, and DJ relaying a conversation he had with Griffey before the game, where Griffey says he'd go to a contender if the Reds fell out of contention.

May very well mean nothing but you know how it works when Hawk and DJ start talking specifics about certain opposing players.

Not wanting to start the Griffeytalk thing again, or the pros/cons debate ... I'm just the messenger here.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 12:34 AM)
Interesting.

Hawk talking specifics about Griffey's contract, and DJ relaying a conversation he had with Griffey before the game, where Griffey says he'd go to a contender if the Reds fell out of contention.

May very well mean nothing but you know how it works when Hawk and DJ start talking specifics about certain opposing players.

Not wanting to start the Griffeytalk thing again, or the pros/cons debate ... I'm just the messenger here.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm kinda surprised they didn't mention that the Sox had interest in him last year. By now, I thought that was pretty common knowledge.

LaMarr Hoyt won 15 straight decisions during 1983-84, and 14 straight from 1981-82. That guy was like a right handed Mark Buerhle, just add 50 lbs. The Sox got him and Oscar Gamble for Bucky Dent, and came very close to having Ron Guidry thrown in that trade. Instead the Yankees threw in what Bill Veeck loved even more, a bunch of cash. Considering Hoyt eventually turned into Ozzie Guillen it was one of Roland Hemond's finest trades.