Official Game Thread 6/22 - Cards vs Sox 7:05

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 06:15 PM)
I want him to throw a nono, but still have the sox win.

We were no hit by the Yanks in the 90s (I think it was the 90's) and won 4-0 IIRC.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 06:17 PM)
They'd be nuts to throw AJP a fastball here.

They did and he hit it foul.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
Flash: what exactly are you trying to say? We don't scout the latin countries well? I think that's fair. But if you're saying that guys like Liriano and Reyes are a dime a dozen, and we should have a few, you're kidding yourself.

Yes on second part, no on second.

Our scouting philosophy overall limits pitchers with high potential. Recent first round draft picks have suggested so. Lumsden, a relatively hard thrower, wasn't throwing 93-94 when he was originally drafted as a sandwich pick.

Mentioning Reyes is more of a joke; although I'm honestly not a fan of Broadway. I continually mention prospects who succeed and compare those to ours, who RARELY exceed immediately upon promotion.

About Liriano, and finding one for our own, I'm honest when I say our process of Latin scouting is atrocious. It hasn't produced even a 4th OF in nearly 8 years. Even those who were traded haven't gone on to be successful.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
Flash: what exactly are you trying to say? We don't scout the latin countries well? I think that's fair. But if you're saying that guys like Liriano and Reyes are a dime a dozen, and we should have a few, you're kidding yourself.

Reyes isn't from a Latin country...He's from USC.

The Sox failed to bring Dye home from third, but OTOH, the rack in the pink top is back in view sitting in the front row of the Scout seats.

You win some; you lose some. We lost one run but gained a pair.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
Yes on second part, no on second.

Our scouting philosophy overall limits pitchers with high potential. Recent first round draft picks have suggested so. Lumsden, a relatively hard thrower, wasn't throwing 93-94 when he was originally drafted as a sandwich pick.

Mentioning Reyes is more of a joke; although I'm honestly not a fan of Broadway. I continually mention prospects who succeed and compare those to ours, who RARELY exceed immediately upon promotion.

About Liriano, and finding one for our own, I'm honest when I say our process of Latin scouting is atrocious. It hasn't produced even a 4th OF in nearly 8 years. Even those who were traded haven't gone on to be successful.

Hate to break it to you, but Lumsden was one of the best arms of that draft and he throws about as hard now as he did than. BA is full of crap on a lot of the gun readings they go off of. A guy hits a certain speed once and all of a sudden thats how hard they throw the FB.

Lummy pitched in the low 90's and will ocassionally rare up and fire one into the mid 90's. For the most part he's 90-91 with more movement and will also throw a FB in the 92-94 range and than ocassionally rare back and fire one a bit higher. He has a good cutter though thats in the lower range while he will throw the 4 seamer a bit harder.

Lummy is also a freaking stud on the mound (his composure is most excellent).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
Hate to break it to you, but Lumsden was one of the best arms of that draft and he throws about as hard now as he did than. BA is full of crap on a lot of the gun readings they go off of. A guy hits a certain speed once and all of a sudden thats how hard they throw the FB.

Lummy pitched in the low 90's and will ocassionally rare up and fire one into the mid 90's. For the most part he's 90-91 with more movement and will also throw a FB in the 92-94 range and than ocassionally rare back and fire one a bit higher. He has a good cutter though thats in the lower range while he will throw the 4 seamer a bit harder.

Lummy is also a freaking stud on the mound (his composure is most excellent).

Tyler, is that you?

Edited by shawnhillegas