Gamethread 6-29-06, Sox vs. Pirates

Capn12

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
Ahh, I didn't know it was Widger's responsibility to make sure the pitchers ALWAYS hit their location. Didn't know AJ has the same magic ability. :headshake

Does everyone forget the fact Ozzie's the one calling pitches for both AJ and Widge?!? And can anyone on the board EVER give credit to the opposing team for going with the pitches and getting hits?!?

Actually AJ on the Mike North show has said that he and Widger call all the pitches. That they look over for if a pitch out is being called.

Widger's game calling abilities + Conteras feeble mindset = meltdown...

Plus as soon as I saw Widger batting sixth today I knew that would come back and bite us in the arse. I would rather have BA hitting six then Widger.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:13 PM)
why the f*** is JOse batting here?????

hahah u beat me too that....... :angry: jose k's. our bullpen has been great as of late, jose has been s*** today and we let him bat...ozzie u f***in idiot....."the sox let a golden opp. go to waste here in the 6th" ozzie/BA!!

Edited by Melissa1334

bad move by ozzie, he will end up pulling him after next inning anyway. Dumb move. But maybe if andersen gets to third he would have pinch hit to get a fly ball. eitherway they are pitching bad, making mistakes and Ozzie screwed up. it all adds up to a loss today.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
Actually AJ on the Mike North show has said that he and Widger call all the pitches. That they look over for if a pitch out is being called.

I don't think Widge is calling for Count to throw belt-high fastballs down the middle.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:15 PM)
It will be interesting to hear how anyone can support that move.

Well were trying to save the bullpen for that big cub series coming up?

Um, Jose deserves to stay in there because he is a grinder?

Um, He looked good in the 2nd inning when he took that walk?

Um, Shut up, you're a f**?

:D