Gamethread 6-29-06, Sox vs. Pirates

Capn12

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
Next year we need to upgrade at backup catcher. Everytime Widge calls a game, its the same f***ing story. The pitcher throws a ton of pitches to the outside corner, and doesnt adjust. Every pitcher that goes with Widger looks bad.

Next year Stewart should be behind the plate.

Burnitz takes the cake for ugliest gameday photo

Its time for Contreras to shut down the mighty Bucs O.

Sweet swinging Jose Hernandez, of the I strike out all the time Hernandez's, should be an easy out.

Cancel the Allstar start. Guillen to the mound.

Edited by southsideirish71

2 outs, and then three straight hits/walks. f*** this. This is the worst team in the NL, and we're giving up this s***.

Maybe Count should go back on the DL, to try to reverse whatever happened the last time he went there.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
Jesus. WTF is up with Jose?

He got injuried. Decided to change something and add a new arm angle. And his pinpoint control he had before he got hurt is gone. He is 2-0 on everyone.

Now Farmer is all over the fact that we are pitching away a lot today.

We have thrown 2 pitches to Paulino away, and he hit the ball to right field.
Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
2 outs, and then three straight hits/walks. f*** this. This is the worst team in the NL, and we're giving up this s***.

I'd be surprised if Detroit gives up 4 runs against Pittsbugh this entire weekend.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
I'd be surprised if Detroit gives up 4 runs against Pittsbugh this entire weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised either. They have the best pitching staff in the league by far so far.

I hate playing these crappy teams. Count obviously just going through the motions out there, no energy at all. These are the games you have to dig deep and go after. You can't just throw your glove out there and win even though the opponent sucks. The way this race with the Tigers is going winning or losing these type games will be huge.

QUOTE(brijames @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
The way this race with the Tigers is going winning or losing these type games will be huge.

The Tigers have had no problem whatsoever taking care of business vs the cellar dwellers this year. That has been the difference between the 2 teams.