AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(lukeman89 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
javier pitches good in day games

G GS W L SV CG SHO IP H R ER HR BB K ERA WHIP BAA

Day 3 3 2 0 0 0 0 21.0 9 2 2 0 5 18 0.86 0.67 .127

Good. I'll be there tomorrow to root on another victory.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
. . . and it was a triple with the dive . . .

Exactly.

If today was the first time Pods had dived for a ball and missed, I wouldn't have mentioned it. Since I've seen him do it two other times this season, I mentioned my disappointment with his diving-and-missing trend.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 05:34 PM)
Great win, great game by Juan. I think that, while one start doesn't mean THAT much, tomorrow is a referendum of sorts on Javy Vazquez for Sox fans. Given the marketplace, if he can't get it going we could move him for a set-up man and a top pitching prospect. He needs to show some stones tomorrow. We can't really use Brandon tomorrow so he better go some innings too

Javy Vazquez isn't going anywhere. Just think where Jose Contreras was for us after two half-seasons. He was all over the place. Then he fixed his mechanics and hasn't lost a regular season game since. I don't expect Javy to make the same transition, but I'm sure KW is going to give him a season to get straightened out.

And I don't see why McCarthy can't go again tomorrow. 29 pitches shouldn't shut down a starter like him. Personally, if Javy gets in any kind of trouble, I think we need to use McCarthy, who needs more work, not less.

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
mugatu.jpg

"Uribe, so hot right now, Uribe"

Well played.

"That Uribe, hes so hot right now!!"

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
Javy Vazquez isn't going anywhere. Just think where Jose Contreras was for us after two half-seasons. He was all over the place. Then he fixed his mechanics and hasn't lost a regular season game since. I don't expect Javy to make the same transition, but I'm sure KW is going to give him a season to get straightened out.

And I don't see why McCarthy can't go again tomorrow. 29 pitches shouldn't shut down a starter like him. Personally, if Javy gets in any kind of trouble, I think we need to use McCarthy, who needs more work, not less.

Well I semi agree...Contreras has been off for a bit now though, its teh offense thats bailed his ass out the last few starts.

Good game all around. Brandon pitched a real good game in relief. Personally, I would have left him in to try and get the last out but Ozzie knows what he is doing.

:cheers :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

Edited by whitesox1976

Garland pitched well after the first. Cotts and BMac cruised. Pods is a frustrating player for me. 2 strike 3 lookings, a pickoff, and he plays Juan Pierre the exact same way he was playing Derek Lee, even against Cotts. If he would have shaded him towards the line, Pierre's "triple" would have been caught.

I think using Mac on back2back days for a healthy number of pitches is a bad idea as he's not a true reliever. Anyways, the point was that we don't have a guy who can bail him out in the 3-4-5th innings so he better be on (I recall the Cubs game against him in the opener of 05). Javy Vazquez will likely not pitch in our postseason rotation, he is not really an asset out of the bullpen (hello Mr. Damon in game 7), and he makes a ton of money while being worse than Brandon. Why not deal him for a reliever that can fill Brandon's bullpen job and a top prospect in this market that covets pitching. Vazquez, perhaps, would be the prize of the trade market. Maybe you can even pick up an outfield bat for him. McCarthy has to be in the rotation by April 07, so Javy is unning out of time to pick up Cooper's tips. I love Cooper too but let's not pretend every guy he has worked with has flourished. That is mainly because no pitching coach can optimize every guy

QUOTE(bmags @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
always nice to take the first game of a series...

It is, and I can't remember the last time we lost the first--Texas maybe? [edit] good guess me: it was against Texa--on June 2nd!

On a fun side note, the Cubs have been swept in 8 of their last 17 series!

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
It is, and I can't remember the last time we lost the first--Texas maybe?

On a fun side note, the Cubs have been swept in 8 of their last 17 series!

jinxer