Orioles at White Sox 7/03/06

BigSqwert

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
I think the White Sox should leak a BS rumor that one of their starters is heading out of town. Maybe that will get their heads out of their asses.

^^^^^^

put some damn pressure on them.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
Well, if this was the start for our defense to join our crappy pitching of late, I guess that's a good thing, cause Bedard looks awesome.

I would have hated for Garcia to throw a 2 or 3 hitter and lose 2-1, which probably was possible tonight. That said, the pounding the pitching staff is taking is starting to get alarming.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
Not exactly against juggernauts either.

But..but...the Cubs with Derek Lee are one of the top offenses in the league!

This team just finished two series that, although they won, they played very poorly in. They're showing no signs of improvement and now they're not going to be facing the worst teams in the NL. The pitching needs to get their heads of of their asses and start throwing some good games.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 4, 2006 -> 01:04 AM)
I would have hated for Garcia to throw a 2 or 3 hitter and lose 2-1, which probably was possible tonight. That said, the pounding the pitching staff is taking is starting to get alarming.

Quite frankly, I would rather lose 2-1 that get bombed. I would like to see some positive outings from our starters. Heck, it's still very early....If our starting pitching does not improve, we may even have trouble holding off the Twins.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
Good thing you guys are here to give these bums some advice. They might f*** around and win the WS...if they'd only listen to solid advice like: "get your head otta your ass."

:lol: :cheers :headbang

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
Good thing you guys are here to give these bums some advice. They might f*** around and win the WS...if they'd only listen to solid advice like: "get your head otta your ass."

They aren't going to win a WS giving up 10 runs a game.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
it's one game and you would've had to play brilliant to beat Bedard tonight. Throw it out as one of the 60 you're going to lose and let it go at that.

They've had three bad games in a row now.

Thornton came out and looked very sharp. The bullpen is starting to come around, somewhat. If the starting pitching can get back on track, this team can be unstoppable.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
They aren't going to win a WS giving up 10 runs a game.

You missed the sarcasm. The point is this rotation, minus vaz, already won the WS, so I get the feeling they realize they are not pitching well and probably have a good idea how to fix it. Call me crazy.

This is an offensive team right now just like every KW team before 2005

Year Team ERA Result

2003 4.17 Dissapointment

2004 4.91 Dissapointment

2005 3.61 World Championship

2006 4.46 ?

I don't think this is promising despite their current record. Pitching wins. If Politte can't mop this up without anymore damage, please buy him a plane ticket.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
who'd back up AJ? just asking.

How's Stewart doing? He's supposed to be the next back-up.

I looked him up, he's hitting about .280 in Charlotte and supposed to be decent defensively. Most likely will be AJ's caddy next season, unless Ozzie gets his boy Hank White to head south.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
who'd back up AJ? just asking.

I know there's not a good replacement right now, I'm just b****ing because I hate widger. He calls an absolutely terrible game. What's the ERA and team record with him behind the plate this year?

I hope this ONE successful inning doesn't decides whether or not Politte remains on the team. So what, he retired Mora/Tejada/Conine? Still doesn't hide the fact his fastball isn't fast and his breaking ball doesn't break.

The simple fact is if the White Sox continue to give up a run more per game than the Detroit Tigers, we will not win the A.L Central and we will have to battle with the Yankees, Blue Jays and Twins for a wild card spot. Based on last years success, people here may not want to admit this, but it is true. I've read posts stating that some adjustments here and a few tweaks there will fix our starting staff, but the problems have persisted the whole season concerning the starters' inconsistancy, with no end in sight. Keep posting to the effect of "Detroit can't keep it up" or "Santana and Liriano alone can't do it for the Twins" and you'll be in for a rude awaking when we are looking up at Detroit in September and engaged in a dogfight with the Twins for the wild card. We can't pound the s*** out of every team offensively and expect to have sustained success over 162 games and deep into the playoffs........ask the 2000 and 2003 clubs.