Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every single time that I witness ANYTHING WWECW related, I want to hit McMahon in the face and tell him how stupid a bastard he is. From his insistence that Joey Styles change style, to having the Undertaker and Rick Flair on ECW, he is a miserable SOB.

Now, about him wanting to kill ECW: I don't think that's true, per se. He doesn't want it to be Real ECW; he wants it to be fake ECW, HIS ECW. He wants the ratings (and he's getting them), but not the legacy, the company, the Hardcore.

Vince McMahon has a rapist's mentality.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
I'm sorry, Critic. There is almost no way that the Punjabi Prison Match can beat any of the following for worst match of all time:

Have we forgotten the Hogan/Warrior debacle of Halloween Havoc 1998....

Speaking of Halloween Havoc, am i the only one that misses the "Spin the wheel, make the deal" matches or Battle Bowl? There's something that i'd never get tired of.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)
Have we forgotten the Hogan/Warrior debacle of Halloween Havoc 1998....

Speaking of Halloween Havoc, am i the only one that misses the "Spin the wheel, make the deal" matches or Battle Bowl? There's something that i'd never get tired of.

Coal Miner's Glove on a Pole! Almost as good as the "Lost in Cleveland" Cactus Jack vignettes. A telling tale of how WCW could have seized a great opportunity (the powerbomb on the cement) yet dropped a major deuce. Almost as funny as when they made Paul Roma a member of the Horsemen. And perhaps the Junkyard Invitational from WCW could make an appearance here as well.

Real old school: AWA Turkey on a Pole match.

If we're talking bad matches from a kayfabe-break standpoint, there's the old Earthquake vs Kitao Koji when Koji broke kayfabe, got on a mic and started yelling about how everything in puroesu is staged. Or Inoki vs the Great Antonio when Inoki legit starts beating the spiff out of Antonio for no-selling/legit hitting Inoki with a forearm to the back of the head instead of the spine.

And for the saving of ECW, Gregory...It isn't going to be Heyman's booking or Vince bringing back the classical ECW we all remember. It is pragmatism during the "Extreme Rules" match. They need to bring it up a notch when they go for the supposed extreme. To that effect, they need to use a certain weapon on TV. It is a weapon so potent that it was only used sparingly in one wrestling promotion. It was a weapon that brought out fear and unspeakable awe from the audience. This weapon must also be suspended on a pole because of its sheer immense power and has been in the past. This weapon...Judy Bagwell.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 03:47 AM)
Coal Miner's Glove on a Pole! Almost as good as the "Lost in Cleveland" Cactus Jack vignettes. A telling tale of how WCW could have seized a great opportunity (the powerbomb on the cement) yet dropped a major deuce. Almost as funny as when they made Paul Roma a member of the Horsemen. And perhaps the Junkyard Invitational from WCW could make an appearance here as well.

Real old school: AWA Turkey on a Pole match.

If we're talking bad matches from a kayfabe-break standpoint, there's the old Earthquake vs Kitao Koji when Koji broke kayfabe, got on a mic and started yelling about how everything in puroesu is staged. Or Inoki vs the Great Antonio when Inoki legit starts beating the spiff out of Antonio for no-selling/legit hitting Inoki with a forearm to the back of the head instead of the spine.

And for the saving of ECW, Gregory...It isn't going to be Heyman's booking or Vince bringing back the classical ECW we all remember. It is pragmatism during the "Extreme Rules" match. They need to bring it up a notch when they go for the supposed extreme. To that effect, they need to use a certain weapon on TV. It is a weapon so potent that it was only used sparingly in one wrestling promotion. It was a weapon that brought out fear and unspeakable awe from the audience. This weapon must also be suspended on a pole because of its sheer immense power and has been in the past. This weapon...Judy Bagwell.

I think this would only be possible if Buff Bagwell was brought in, and that guy admired himself right out of the WWE. I would say Norman Smiley is needed as well, but last I heard he was someones whipping boy in TNA.

If you're talking about bad matches, note any match with Trish Stratus. I know nobody actually takes the women's division seriously, including myself, but sometimes it's hilariously bad. My favorite move is when the opponent goes to side kick her, and she does that stupid "Matrix" style backwards falling thing. The best part is that it always takes her about 15 seconds to do it, so the opponent has to actually stop and wait. Plus, Trish is the female HHH.

some good matches to watch in recent history were the benoit ric flair matches that always involved at least double digits chest slaps; also any match with orton because his moves are so darn pathetic he almost makes stone cold look like a good wrestler

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
If you're talking about bad matches, note any match with Trish Stratus. I know nobody actually takes the women's division seriously, including myself, but sometimes it's hilariously bad. My favorite move is when the opponent goes to side kick her, and she does that stupid "Matrix" style backwards falling thing. The best part is that it always takes her about 15 seconds to do it, so the opponent has to actually stop and wait. Plus, Trish is the female HHH.

I dunno about her being the female HHH. After all -- in Trish's defense, she's not banging one of the boss's kids. :P

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
I dunno about her being the female HHH. After all -- in Trish's defense, she's not banging one of the boss's kids. :P

Ha, that's true. But in case you didn't understand what I meant (though I'm sure you did), I was referring to her title reigns that last over a year.

And do you know what I'm talking about with the kick thing?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
Ha, that's true. But in case you didn't understand what I meant (though I'm sure you did), I was referring to her title reigns that last over a year.

And do you know what I'm talking about with the kick thing?

Yeah, the "Matrish" thing is a bit unbelievable. Then again SuperCena FU'ing Big Show is also a willing suspension of disbelief, haha.

Who else could they put the women's strap on though? The only three they have that have any in-ring talent are Victoria, Mickie James and Trish (who likely is leaving after her contract is up)

At least when HHH had the belt, there were a group of legit contenders to carry the company. Not so much in the women's division. (Unless they bring back Harvina -- Harvey Wippleman in drag)

Hey, does anyone know two things:

One, I read somewhere recently that Heyman and Vince recently got into it backstage. Anyone know the details?

Two, ECW.com says that Dreamer's diary was suspended, but he's been on TV of late. Is it a work, the whole "Diary of Violence is suspendeD" thing or what?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
Hey, does anyone know two things:

One, I read somewhere recently that Heyman and Vince recently got into it backstage. Anyone know the details?

Two, ECW.com says that Dreamer's diary was suspended, but he's been on TV of late. Is it a work, the whole "Diary of Violence is suspendeD" thing or what?

From what i've heard it's only the diary that's suspended because he made some comments that were "un-WWE friendly"

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)

He basically said what everyone else is thinking. Vince has taken ECW and pissed all over it. We now have WWECW. It's not hardcore, it's not innovative, it's the 3rd show for the WWE. Look who the big names are: Big Show, Test, Angle, RVD, Sabu. At least RVD has an ECW connection, and well Sabu is ECW to the core. But I believe Taker and Khali just went at it on ECW as well. I haven't seen one episode of ECW, I'll admit that, but just from what I've read, I feel bad for those guys (Dreamer, Sandman, Sabu, RVD, Heyman, etc.)

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
He basically said what everyone else is thinking. Vince has taken ECW and pissed all over it. We now have WWECW. It's not hardcore, it's not innovative, it's the 3rd show for the WWE. Look who the big names are: Big Show, Test, Angle, RVD, Sabu. At least RVD has an ECW connection, and well Sabu is ECW to the core. But I believe Taker and Khali just went at it on ECW as well. I haven't seen one episode of ECW, I'll admit that, but just from what I've read, I feel bad for those guys (Dreamer, Sandman, Sabu, RVD, Heyman, etc.)

The diary being suspended is a work to promote the angle between he and Heyman.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
my friend doesn't think he'll be in town now for ROH on 8/26

so i'll probably have an extra 2nd row ticket if anyone is interested

Where are the ROH shows usually held?

NEWS FLASH!

Lashley AND the Great Khali have both been pulled from the GAB for health reasons.

The Lashley/Finlay match has been scrapped and the Big Show is going to take Khali's place in the Punjabi Prison Match.

Henry, Lashley and Khali now -- the SmackDown! roster is dropping like flies.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 02:19 PM)
NEWS FLASH!

Lashley AND the Great Khali have both been pulled from the GAB for health reasons.

The Lashley/Finlay match has been scrapped and the Big Show is going to take Khali's place in the Punjabi Prison Match.

Henry, Lashley and Khali now -- the SmackDown! roster is dropping like flies.

In Khali's case, the "health reason" is that he makes everyone who watches him sick.

:lol:

But with the Big Slow replacing him, that match is still going to be unwatchable, because you can't book him as an "unstoppable monster" against The Dead Man.

think about it though, unless they add a bunch of crap last second, the WWE has to give 15-20 mins for Noble/Kash-London/Kendrick, Regal-Finlay, Rey-Booker, and Psicosis-Crazy which could be a pretty great WRESTLING PPV... but i'm sure they'll find someway to mess it up