Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

Hopefully there are alot of his "Loose Cannon" promos on their. Love the one when he debuted in ECW and heard he did other good ones there on the weekly TV show but I never saw those.

The documentaries WWE puts together on their DVDs are very good as well.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
The WWE and Kurt Angle have parted ways early due to Angle's personal issues.

Is an Angle/Danielson match too much to ask for???

Angle's nearly dead from injuries and bumps. It's sad he's gotta take off for the impending divorce and injuries so I don't want to see him anyway near a ring.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 08:39 AM)
Very strong promo by Christian.

If he were only taller and roided up, Vince would NEVER have let him leave.... :bang

Rhino is awful on the mic, too short to be a HOSS and he has those weird short arms.

Weird short arms, eh?

More like a T-Rex than a Rhino.

Rhino is kinda like Sabu. He needs to not talk. Give him a mouthpiece or a manager because he is terrible on the stick.

And TNA, would it be too much to ask to not have J-A-Double F J-A-Double R-E-Double T *shiny tooth "ding!"* not be NWA champ? He's already booked himself four title reigns already and he is not entertaining as a heel.

Samoa Joe for champion. Samoa Joe is freedom.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
Weird short arms, eh?

More like a T-Rex than a Rhino.

Rhino is kinda like Sabu. He needs to not talk. Give him a mouthpiece or a manager because he is terrible on the stick.

And TNA, would it be too much to ask to not have J-A-Double F J-A-Double R-E-Double T *shiny tooth "ding!"* not be NWA champ? He's already booked himself four title reigns already and he is not entertaining as a heel.

Samoa Joe for champion. Samoa Joe is freedom.

Yes.

Triple J, as I like to call him, needs to de-push himself.

I think TNA might be worried about rushing Joe to the strap. His promos get kind of repetitive, IMO, and once he has to drop the strap a couple times, maybe his invincible aura is gone and people would see him as just another rassler.

I like Joe, but I'm not a nutswinger. I see some limitations in him, but TNA needs to have someone else run with the belt for awhile, whether it's Joe, Monty Brown or whoever. JNJ

(Just Not Jarrett)

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 09:36 AM)
Yes.

Triple J, as I like to call him, needs to de-push himself.

I think TNA might be worried about rushing Joe to the strap. His promos get kind of repetitive, IMO, and once he has to drop the strap a couple times, maybe his invincible aura is gone and people would see him as just another rassler.

I like Joe, but I'm not a nutswinger. I see some limitations in him, but TNA needs to have someone else run with the belt for awhile, whether it's Joe, Monty Brown or whoever. JNJ

(Just Not Jarrett)

I believe Monty Brown and The Truth asked for their releases.

TNA really needs a mid-card title outside of the X Division as well...and get Sting the Hell off my TV. Surfer Sting in the crow makeup is really annoying and he's not that good anymore either.

I wanna see more of Eric Young. His gimmick is really growing on me. Same for the Paparazzi. Kinda sad that they can make the undercard really entertaining and the main eventers are pretty lackluster.

That's because the main event is full of retreads.

Eric Young is entertaining in this role, but I wonder how long this role can last.

No one will miss Ron Killings.

Surprised about Monty, except that I can see his ego convincing him that he's better than he really is. He REALLY needs a new finisher. Anyone he hits with that finisher shouldn't fall down for a 3-count, they should say "oh, excuse me" and keep walking. The Pounce...............please..........

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
That's because the main event is full of retreads.

Eric Young is entertaining in this role, but I wonder how long this role can last.

No one will miss Ron Killings.

Surprised about Monty, except that I can see his ego convincing him that he's better than he really is. He REALLY needs a new finisher. Anyone he hits with that finisher shouldn't fall down for a 3-count, they should say "oh, excuse me" and keep walking. The Pounce...............please..........

I think Brown has a personal training business on the side as well. Making money without having to take all those bumps has to be nice. Plus, his push isn't the greatest.

And yes, his finisher sucks ass. Plus, giving him mic time over 45 seconds leads to terrible promos.

Instead of watching Raw last night, I watched the 2006 TNA Against All Odds PPV on DVD.

Not the greatest show but solidly entertaining. Abyss's bump through the tables off the bleachers was pretty cool. The Joe/Daniels/AJ match was solid as always. And of course, dear God, was it beautiful to see Jarrett do the job.

That said, it was so much more solid than WWE programming. Cuz Vince, can I have one more 'You Love Roosters' joke? I haven't gotten enough of it the 27837498274983748924734 times you've used it previously!

But the best part of Raw is that Cena could get relegated to SmackDown if he loses the TLC match at Unforgiven against Edge. I'm getting tired of the Edge/Cena match (how the Hell does Cena get like ten bazillion title shots?) but it will be entirely worth it if they take Cena off the A show.

Ah well, I just hope "Our Teacher" Matt Striker is on ECW tonight because I am so entertained by this gimmick. He is so hilarious.

I like the idea of Cena back on SD. Maybe make him a heel again since they have top faces already.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
Ah well, I just hope "Our Teacher" Matt Striker is on ECW tonight because I am so entertained by this gimmick. He is so hilarious.

What he lacks in ring skills, he more than makes up with his mic work. I love it when guys get a gimic and role with it. A la Eugene back in 04.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
I like the idea of Cena back on SD. Maybe make him a heel again since they have top faces already.

What he lacks in ring skills, he more than makes up with his mic work. I love it when guys get a gimic and role with it. A la Eugene back in 04.

I got back just in time to watch Striker. I love today. w00t!

Striker is so damn awesome on the stick and really lives his gimmick to this awesome extent. He can go in the ring. He's no Rick Rude, Arn Anderson etc. but he's not a slouch and his finisher looks like it hurts instead of the over-rated fireman's carry.

The main event was a clusterf***. The enforcers and the Big Show followed by RVD taking them out while ignoring Sabu (then why did he skateboard the chair at Sabu in the match between Kurt Angle and Sabu?) It was pretty stupid. We get it. Heyman is a scumbag who lies. No more main events to promote the same fact.

And I don't need DX/McMahons bleeding through to ECW. No thanks, please.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
Word on the street is that RAW will be at the Allstate Arena on 10/23...sounds like somethin to do...

That's going to be a busy wrestling week around here...

10/23 Raw at AA

10/28 ECW in Racine

10/28 ROH in Chicago Ridge

10/29 Raw Brand in Rockford

10/29 Smackdown/ECW in Milwaukee

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
That's going to be a busy wrestling week around here...

10/23 Raw at AA

10/28 ECW in Racine

10/28 ROH in Chicago Ridge

10/29 Raw Brand in Rockford

10/29 Smackdown/ECW in Milwaukee

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
FYI, wweshop.com has a trailer for the Pillman DVD coming out 9/26 and is also pre-selling it for $18.

I was never as high on Pillman as some people were.

I thought his promo skills were average at best, his backstage attitude/substance abuse problems made it impossible for anyone to "hitch their wagon" to him, and his in-ring abilities went down after the car crash/ankle injury.

I know some people really dug him, and that's cool, but he never did anything for me outside of the Hollywood Blonds.