Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
anybody actually thinkin about goin to this? It's just a thought since it's been awhile since i've been to a live show

Nahh, I've been done with house shows for a while now.

Thinking back, the last live show I went to was probably the Raw when Chris Jericho debuted.

:ph34r:

Funny thing is, I don't feel like I've missed a damn thing.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 05:42 AM)
New Jack was arrested at the old ECW Arena because a clerk and he got into it after he received a 7 Up instead of a Sprite.

HE'S HARDCORE!!! HE'S HARDCORE!!! HE'S HARDCORE!!!

:lol:

Better heel: Mr. Perfect or Rick Rude?

Better wrestler, Hennig - Better heel, Rude.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 05:42 AM)
New Jack was arrested at the old ECW Arena because a clerk and he got into it after he received a 7 Up instead of a Sprite.

I also saw this question on another board and had to ask...

Better heel: Mr. Perfect or Rick Rude?

:lol: New Jack was just trying to obey his thirst.....

Rude was a better Heel, very good at being an asshole

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
sigh...Cena wins the belt back. I don't get it. I thought the idea of him going back to SD would of been good.

Duh, we need WWE Champion John Cena in "The Marine". :P This PPV didn't look too good at all.

The Kane/Umaga double count out finish at a PPV. :chair

The WWE business plan:

1. Push Cena as a Superman

3. Profit!

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
Duh, we need WWE Champion John Cena in "The Marine". :P This PPV didn't look too good at all.

The Kane/Umaga double count out finish at a PPV. :chair

The WWE business plan:

1. Push Cena as a Superman

3. Profit!

And bad news for you Randy Orton haters/jealous folk, lol, he is now pretty much the top heel and wouldn't be shocked to see an Orton/Cena feud and possible Orton/HHH at WM 23.

Unless they think it is a good idea to have Edge/Cena AGAIN!?!?

This could of been great, have Cena get screwed, let him go to SD angry and make him a heel like the old days. sigh

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
And bad news for you Randy Orton haters/jealous folk, lol, he is now pretty much the top heel and wouldn't be shocked to see an Orton/Cena feud and possible Orton/HHH at WM 23.

Unless they think it is a good idea to have Edge/Cena AGAIN!?!?

This could of been great, have Cena get screwed, let him go to SD angry and make him a heel like the old days. sigh

Randy Orton as a top heel just goes to show how weak the E is right now.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
Randy Orton as a top heel just goes to show how weak the E is right now.

Critic, you could have gotten heel heat in Toronto by calling Trish a b**** and pissing on her retirement match. Hell, Jesus could have gotten heel heat there too by doing that.

It's cheap heel heat and it's all Reefer Rest Hold is good at getting.

Orton vs Beef Wellington at WM 23. Orton fears the Ass Punch!

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
Critic, you could have gotten heel heat in Toronto by calling Trish a b**** and pissing on her retirement match. Hell, Jesus could have gotten heel heat there too by doing that.

It's cheap heel heat and it's all Reefer Rest Hold is good at getting.

Orton vs Beef Wellington at WM 23. Orton fears the Ass Punch!

Reefer Rest Hold - I like it!!!

I haven't seen any recaps, did The Ratings Killer really piss on Trish's retirement match?

Nothing builds a strong male heel than squashing a female wrestler's goodbye.

Ugh.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 11:56 PM)
Reefer Rest Hold - I like it!!!

I haven't seen any recaps, did The Ratings Killer really piss on Trish's retirement match?

Nothing builds a strong male heel than squashing a female wrestler's goodbye.

Ugh.

Todd Grisham interviewed Randy Orton backstage. Orton said no one cares about Trish's retirement, unless you're Canadian, which means you have no life. Orton said Trish was the past, he was the future. Orton noted that two years ago he won the World Title here in Toronto. Orton said that Trish is "a b****", and tonight he would "make Carlito his".

What a confident, capable heat getting machine he is.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 09:39 AM)
Just saw a clip of the Orton RKO that beat Carlito. Pretty neat looking.

Carlito tried doing that springboard off the middle rope and Orton caught him mid air. Very smooth.

To be fair, he worked the neck down with about 4 billion chinlocks.

Why have Orton beat Carlito clean when Orton violated the drug policy? Is the E really that desperate for heels?

I have to deal with a bunch of 12-13 year old Cena marks at work. They didn't like it when I said that I like my wrestlers to have charisma, talent, in-ring ability or a great gimmick that they make work and how CM Punk and Samoa Joe would whip Cena in the charisma/talent department.

And why is it that ECW stars can't beat Show one on one yet in a handicap match, DX can do whatever they want with Shane, Vince and Show?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
To be fair, he worked the neck down with about 4 billion chinlocks.

Why have Orton beat Carlito clean when Orton violated the drug policy? Is the E really that desperate for heels?

I have to deal with a bunch of 12-13 year old Cena marks at work. They didn't like it when I said that I like my wrestlers to have charisma, talent, in-ring ability or a great gimmick that they make work and how CM Punk and Samoa Joe would whip Cena in the charisma/talent department.

And why is it that ECW stars can't beat Show one on one yet in a handicap match, DX can do whatever they want with Shane, Vince and Show?

It's DX DUH!

QUOTE(GaelicSoxFan @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
As far as I'm concerned, the WWE has been on a slow decline since the RAW/SmackDown split. :chair

It worked for awhile. When both rosters were kind of even and both were interesting. Back when SD had Angle, Benoit, Edge, Misterio, Lesnar it was very good to watch every week match wise.

I wish they would go back to letting wrestlers have a lot of input on their own work.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)

Well, rumor has the plan being another HHH-Orton fued. He's gotta look strong, plus he needed the win back after that crap with Hogan.

With Carlito I guess there's been talk of him heading to ECW as heel.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
It worked for awhile. When both rosters were kind of even and both were interesting. Back when SD had Angle, Benoit, Edge, Misterio, Lesnar it was very good to watch every week match wise.

I wish they would go back to letting wrestlers have a lot of input on their own work.

That was when they had The Rock, Stone Cold, Foley and Triple H doing most of the heavy lifting. Three are retired and HHH is most likely at the end of his rope. Also, from what I understand, Randy Orton's persona isn't all an act. He is talented, but unless he can control his ego, I'd bet he'll be shown the door when his contract is up.

The way I see it, the WWE will have to make a decision soon. Right now, both RAW and SmackDown are hurting for talent. Cena probably won't be wrestling much longer, Edge, Mysterio and Kane aren't exactly spring chickens, and the younger guys like Carlito, Nitro, Chris Masters and Shelton Benjamin are at least another year away from being permanent fixtures in main event matches.

Edited by GaelicSoxFan

QUOTE(GaelicSoxFan @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
That was when they had The Rock, Stone Cold, Foley and Triple H doing most of the heavy lifting. Three are retired and HHH is most likely at the end of his rope. Also, from what I understand, Randy Orton's persona isn't all an act. He is talented, but unless he can control his ego, I'd bet he'll be shown the door when his contract is up.

The way I see it, the WWE will have to make a decision soon. Right now, both RAW and SmackDown are hurting for talent. Cena probably won't be wrestling much longer, Edge, Mysterio and Kane aren't exactly spring chickens, and the younger guys like Carlito, Nitro, Chris Masters and Shelton Benjamin are at least another year away from being permanent fixtures in main event matches.

Or are just plain garbage.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
Or are just plain garbage.
As my dad would say, that could be true too.

My pick for best heel:

27.jpg

Piper was the exact opposite of Hogan. Hogan was big, blond, broad shouldered and good looking. Piper was shorter, dark haired, runty and had a face only a mother could love.

The best heel of all time had to be Ted DiBiase.

He had an impressive 10 year run where his "money" ended the 4 year title run of the then unstoppable Hogan machine. He was what everyone hated, a guy who could buy whatever he wanted and did so. It was the perfect gimmick.

Then, when he teamed with IRS they smashed poor old Brutus Beefcake's surgically repaired face which prompted the return of Hogan.

After he hurt his neck, then he started the Million Dollar Corporation where he again bought stars, even getting some of them to turn like Tatanka and of course, Sapphire who turned on Dusty Rhodes at the time. I'm sure there are a lot of things I'm leaving out but, DiBiase would be my vote for greatest heel of all time.