Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 11:33 PM)
Jeff Hardy wins IC title. I love Melina's body but usually her face is messed up. But tonight she looked kinda pretty.

Only thing good about Cena winning the cage match? Hopefully the Edge feud is over with. WWE dropped the ball. Edge had tons of heat when he won the title in January and they immediatly took the belt off him and he has been stale ever since. Hopefully he gets into a good program.

I fear Umaga winning the Loser Leaves Raw match next week then the inevitable borefest of Umaga vs. Cena takes place.

That was just the opening for Cena joining DX.

Hooray!

The way they are bringing in Cryme Tyme and even the Highlanders was how they did it in the old days. Weeks/months of vignettes. It is working for Cryme Tyme. Seems these guys could suck in the ring but as long as they play off the crowd, they will be over big time.

The way they are bringing in Cryme Tyme and even the Highlanders was how they did it in the old days. Weeks/months of vignettes. It is working for Cryme Tyme. Seems these guys could suck in the ring but as long as they play off the crowd, they will be over big time.

They have had 5 weeks of hype...they did dark match on raw a week ago and they were getting huge pops during it.

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 03:55 AM)
They have had 5 weeks of hype...they did dark match on raw a week ago and they were getting huge pops during it.

I saw a couple old OVW promos for Shad Gaspard -- the HNIC. (Head N***** In Charge) that were pretty badass and pre-Cryme Tyme. From what I've seen, he's no Benoit/Hennig technician in the ring but with this kind of gimmick, he doesn't need to be.

I can't wait to see them wrestle finally. The E may actually be serious about tag team wrestling again -- except I am concerned that the Highlanders, Cryme Tyme, Spirit Squad and almost all the Raw tag teams except for Cade and Murdoch are running comedy gimmicks.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 09:48 AM)
I saw a couple old OVW promos for Shad Gaspard -- the HNIC. (Head N***** In Charge) that were pretty badass and pre-Cryme Tyme. From what I've seen, he's no Benoit/Hennig technician in the ring but with this kind of gimmick, he doesn't need to be.

I can't wait to see them wrestle finally. The E may actually be serious about tag team wrestling again -- except I am concerned that the Highlanders, Cryme Tyme, Spirit Squad and almost all the Raw tag teams except for Cade and Murdoch are running comedy gimmicks.

Like This?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 07:48 AM)

Don't get your hopes up. London & Kendrick are the best tag team they have right now and they're a complete afterthought.

Predictions for tonight?

World Heavyweight Championship - Fatal Four Way Match

- King Booker © vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Batista vs. Finlay.

- The Undertaker vs. WWE U.S. Champion Mr. Kennedy.

Falls Count Anywhere Match

- Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero.

- MVP (Montel Vontavious Porter) makes his in-ring debut.

- Matt Hardy vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms.

WWE Tag Team Championship Match

- Paul London & Brian Kendrick (c's) vs. K.C. James & Idol Stevens.

As for MVP's opponent, well, I have no idea. I'll go out on a limb and say Chris Benoit.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
Predictions for tonight?

World Heavyweight Championship - Fatal Four Way Match

- King Booker © vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Batista vs. Finlay.

- The Undertaker vs. WWE U.S. Champion Mr. Kennedy.

Falls Count Anywhere Match

- Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero.

- MVP (Montel Vontavious Porter) makes his in-ring debut.

- Matt Hardy vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms.

WWE Tag Team Championship Match

- Paul London & Brian Kendrick (c's) vs. K.C. James & Idol Stevens.

As for MVP's opponent, well, I have no idea. I'll go out on a limb and say Chris Benoit.

King Booker

Mister Kennedy!.........Kennedy!

Chavo -- I see this as the opportunity for Chavo to 'injure' Rey Rey and get him the time off that he wants.

MVP is gonna go over somebody otherwise all the promos etc. have been for nothing...perhaps the re-hired Boogeyman?

Gregory Helms

Lundrick

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
Wow, Hardy actually won.

Hardy is so underrated. When he came back, that Edge angle had top notch matches. He still gets a good pop everytime he comes out on Smackdown. I have heard stories that people behind the scenes do not see anything in him, but if he gets a good reaction from the fans and has good matches, why not push him instead of Johnny Nitro or other hacks.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 12:34 AM)
Hardy is so underrated. When he came back, that Edge angle had top notch matches. He still gets a good pop everytime he comes out on Smackdown. I have heard stories that people behind the scenes do not see anything in him, but if he gets a good reaction from the fans and has good matches, why not push him instead of Johnny Nitro or other hacks.

I like Matt a lot. He has a great varying moveset that can changed at any time. Plus he's a vet who has probably deserved more singles success than what he has seen. Jeff on the other hand....

With that said, I'm still shocked they took the belt off of Helms who was the middle of such a dominating title run.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
With that said, I'm still shocked they took the belt off of Helms who was the middle of such a dominating title run.

I don't think it was for the Cruiserweight Title. I believe Hardy is far bigger than a lightweight now.

From what I read:

Hardy over Helms

London/Kendrick over the Teacher Pets

Flash Funk..I mean MVP over a jobber.

Kennedy over UT via DQ

Benoit returns and beats Regal

Title match going on now.

Glad I missed it.