Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 23, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
If I were Vince, I'd get mad at the writers for coming up with horses*** storylines that can't even keep the workers awake.

But that would mean holding Stephanie accountable, and that just ain't happening.

THAT DAMN DX!

The E is more into merch sales than it is into interesting storylines that keep the fans interested. Hell, they can give us s***ty storylines as long as the in-ring action makes up for it (Dreamer/Raven in ECW anyone? s***ty story as to why they feuded but the action was solid)

It's too bad the E has neither at this point.

And from the Wrestling Observer...

Stephanie McMahon has declared former Tough Enough contestant Daniel Rodimer as being "the next big thing" and she wants him to start on RAW by January at the earliest. And when he does come up, she wants "something big for him." Internally, according to people who have seen him or worked with him, everyone believes (besides Stephanie) that even a January 2008 call-up would be pushing it for him. Rodimer has only been wrestling since August. Nonetheless, he has the look that WWE loves, moreso than anyone else in developmental, and perhaps some people already in WWE. Rodimer is 6-6 and nearly 300 pounds.

The company wanted Rodimer to win the 2004 Tough Enough, but he didn't do much in the competition besides look big and cocky. Also, his promos weren't too good and he didn't stand out in the competitions, which is why he was eliminated fairly quickly. Although, he does have an athletic background as he played college football at the University of South Florida, but was not a star there.

Regarding his work in DSW, he gets over in personality there, but his matches haven't gotten over too well - and DSW is considered to be the "easy level." Then again, he just started last August.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started getting into this Japanese promotion HUSTLE. It's way different than puruesu and good to see a promotion that can poke fun at itself and not take itself very seriously. Gotta admire a fed that admits it is over the top and goes for it.

And Holy crap, is it awesome...DO THE HUSTLE!

Tajiri, Masato Tanaka, Steve Corino, Sonjay Dutt, Mechanical Wrestling Mummies, Power Rangers, a heel that looks like M. Bison, Kenzo Suzuki, legit shoot wrestlers and more! And that's not even getting to other gimmicks like Hard Gay! And dear God is Yinling soooooooooooooooooo hott!

As a Wrestlecrapper put it: "I'm so confused by what I just watched. But I'm desperate to see more."

Minoru Suzuki vs Mecha Mummy

Hustle Rangers vs the Monster Army

Hustle Kamen Rangers vs Neo Devil Pierroths & Chosu-ga

Hard Gay vs Yin Ling

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 06:31 AM)
That looks like such an odd promotion.

I don't know if I like it or not.

Although if they have Tajiri, Tanaka and Corino, that's a good start.

It's just so openly over the top (i.e. the additions to Mecha Mummy to help him in the fight) and even the Kamen Rangers which may seem like a retarded gimmick -- they're no slouches in the ring.

And surprisingly, they are one of the most profitable and stable promotions in Japan.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
I'm ordering Survivor Series tonight with a friend.

Looking forward to seeing CM Punk go longer than five minutes and the First Blood match.

We are as well. Hoping they let the 5 on 5 matches be good lik ethe old days and not the 10 minute small package a thons they have become.

I expect the Spirit Squad/Legends to be kind of goofy.

First Blood should be decent.

I'm very tempted to buy this.

TEAM DX vs. TEAM RATED RKO

DX (co-captains),CM Punk, Matt & Jeff Hardy vs. Rated RKO (co-captains), Johnny Nitro, Mike Knox & Gregory Helms

TEAM CENA vs. TEAM BIG SHOW

John Cena (Captain), Kane, Lashley, Sabu & RVD vs. Big Show (Captain), Test, MVP, Finlay & Umaga

LEGENDS vs. SPIRIT SQUAD

Ric Flair (captain), Dusty Rhodes, Sgt. Slaughter & Ron Simmons vs. Kenny (captain), Johnny, Nicky & Mikey

World Heavyweight Championship Match

King Booker© vs. Batista

United States Championship Match

Chris Benoit© vs. Chavo Guererro

First Blood Match

The Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy

Women's Chamnpionship Match

Lita© vs. Mickey James

On paper, this should be a good one.

I bought Survivor Series, but I didn't expect Cryme Tyme to come out for this. I got a review:

After the match Lita grabs the mic and tells them to stop booing her. She asks if this is how they repay her for everything she’s done for them. She says she cannot think of a better crowd to leave in front of. Cryme Tyme now comes out with a box of Lita’s stuff. Lita is saying that she demands respect, and this is not respect. She is irate saying that this is her time. They say that since this is Lita’s night they are going to have a Hoe-sale for Lita’s stuff. They take out a box of Monistat and Lita says that’s not hers. They go to sell the panties to JBL and he gives them a $100 dollar bill and they throw the panties into the crowd and keep the money. They then have a vibrator and they sell it for $25 to someone in the crowd. Then they say that the only thing left is Lita’s big empty box. They sell that to someone in the crowd too.

As Lasley and Cena were double DDTing Show, the signal went out and hasn't come back. Looks like I'm gonna complain and get a free PPV. Thank God cuz this sucks. DX team squashing RKO team was awful booking.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
As Lasley and Cena were double DDTing Show, the signal went out and hasn't come back. Looks like I'm gonna complain and get a free PPV. Thank God cuz this sucks. DX team squashing RKO team was awful booking.

You didn't miss much. Dave is the new SD! champ.

CM Punk was sooooooo over though.

I called Comcast and we got refunded. The replay was suppose to be on but it didn't and I don't care. Awful PPV. How do you job the top heels on Raw like they did. HHH writing his matches? Brutal stuff. And I'm willing Matt Hardy will be jobbing on SD in a week or so, which would suck. Matt is one of my favs right now.

I bet Booker/Batista was a s*** fest as well.

Some sad news from the world of real life.......

Canadian professional wrestling legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper has been diagnosed with lymphoma and will begin undergoing treatment immediately.

In a statement posted Monday on Piper's web site, the 52-year-old Saskatoon native said doctors found a cancerous tumour on a disc in his spine. Back discomfort had forced Piper to leave World Wrestling Entertainment's tour of Europe and return to North America two weeks ago.

"It seems like I have been fighting someone, something, someplace, in some manner, my whole life," Piper said in a statement. "But this fight is one I am gonna win!"

Piper, who was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005, is married with four children. He was scheduled to tour Quebec and Ontario by train next week to help promote Wrestlemania - held next April in Detroit - and his DVD set, "Born to Controversy," released Nov. 14.

:pray

QUOTE(T R U @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
Orton is such a pimp

I actually enjoyed his work with Edge in the Ric Flair segment on Raw. Granted his mic work f***ing blew and was truly awkward as all Hell, the progression of the spot made it pretty good. Kinda sucks that Edge is carrying Rated RKO. He's got talent but he has not put forth the effort to make his raw talent more refined and better.

And VKM is demanding that they get part of the Hardyz open challenge at the ECW PPV. Stupid Road Dogg and Billy Gun--- er wait, I mean Kip James.

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
Cryme Tyme is better.

Cryme Tyme is hilarious. "It's big, it's wide. You can put your head in it...Lita's box!"

And here's to the Hot Rod recovering from his cancer. I'm waiting on the Piper DVD set and a best of Mick Foley set coming to me (along with my Hot Rod t-shirt) Can't wait to watch some quality wrestling.

And if you haven't seen the CM Punk and Samoa Joe shoot DVD -- Absolutely hysterical.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
And VKM is demanding that they get part of the Hardyz open challenge at the ECW PPV. Stupid Road Dogg and Billy Gun--- er wait, I mean Kip James.

This TNA angle has Russo written all over it. I respect the fact that they think in order for them to compete, they have to do things like this, but I couldn't stand the Outlaws and they were nothing with the DX stable. Both were crap wrestlers as well. At least Kip kept in shape, but he still sucks.