Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

Kings of Wrestling are officially broken up in ROH too. Hopefully Gabe doesn't pull a Zandig and make Claudio's last moment being punked by Hero, Sweeney and also Joe.

Joe came out and apologized for not being able to go. Got on the mic and challenged anybody from NOAH and actually called Misawa an old man!

And an early Christmas gift to all the ST wrestling fans...Bryan Danielson vs KENTA

The more I see of ROH, I get more and more entertained. I think after I get some $$ saved up again, I'm gonna be getting my meathooks on some of their DVDs (I mean, outside of the one where I went to the show)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 25, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
Even if you don't like K-Dawg, you gotta feel for the man.

He went to have his hip surgery and the docs found his kidneys to be so bad, they wouldn't risk the surgery. He's on dialysis now and may very well need a kidney transplant.

Is the doctor a Gringo?

:D

Edited by The Critic

Wrestlecrap.com 2006 Gooker nominees initial listing is out. Any other ideas can be e-mailed. They'll have the finals in January where we can all vote.

Here is the official unofficial list of who is in the running. We will finalize the list come January to ten nominees, and YOU will decide who is the "winner." And what a list we have:

- WWECW: A lot of folks were very excited when WWE announced the relaunch of the ECW brand, thinking that the promotion they loved back in the mid 90's would once again rule the scene. Instead, we got wrestling vampires (named KEVIN - how Goth!), school teachers, and the decimation of nearly every single ECW original, all of which lead to December 2 Dismember, possibly the biggest PPV disaster ever.

- TNA: The Jackass Promotion: No, we're not talking about Vince Russo! Instead, we're talking about the cross promotion TNA did for the film Jackass 2, which saw the talented X-Division stars do dumb skit after dumb skit, including one in which Senshi mistook a blow up doll for his opponent. Laughs a plenty!

- The Tim White Suicide Attempts: Referee Tim White was so distraught with his life that he decided to end it all. So he tried to kill himself. Over and over and over and over and over again. Laughs a plenty! (Sheesh, I'm stealing lines from myself!)

- Shawn Michaels' Partner, THE LORD ALMIGHTY: Just when you thought Vince had run out of stuff to exploit, he finds God...and exploits Him, billing the Almighty in a tag match. It being the Sabbath, God took the day off and no-showed. This angle also introduced us to McMahonism, a religion in which Vince worshipped himself.

- Pirate Paul Birchill: Yo Ho Ho! We needed a bottle of rum to withstand Pirate Paul swinging to the ring and being the worst pirate this side of Guybrush Threepwood.

- The Great Khali: He sure was big, and he sure did suck. But at least he sucked BIG. RD's dream match: The Great Khali versus Giant Gonzalez. No wait, that would be a nightmare. I get those two confused sometimes.

- The Exploitation of Eddie Guerrero: When Eddie Guerrero passed away, the entire wrestling world was sad. The fact that WWE decided to take that passion and turn it into a year long angle has turned that sadness into dollars is nauseating. Quite possibly the most sickening lack of respect ever from WWE, and consider the ground THAT covers.

For me, the "resurrection"/character assassination/slow murder of ECW is hardest for me to watch. I'd give the Gooker to Vince & Family, although they're basically competing against themselves in this "competition".

CLOSE behind in second place is the abuse of Eddie's name and memory, but the Guerreros are a wrestling family, so they've seen this happen before. Chavo & Vickie have a hand in it as well, so the family has no "higher moral ground" to stand on.

Same theory with Michaels and his faith, and the rest of the nominees are just stupid and not worth comment.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 03:08 AM)
For me, the "resurrection"/character assassination/slow murder of ECW is hardest for me to watch. I'd give the Gooker to Vince & Family, although they're basically competing against themselves in this "competition".

CLOSE behind in second place is the abuse of Eddie's name and memory, but the Guerreros are a wrestling family, so they've seen this happen before. Chavo & Vickie have a hand in it as well, so the family has no "higher moral ground" to stand on.

Same theory with Michaels and his faith, and the rest of the nominees are just stupid and not worth comment.

The slow murder of ECW is pretty difficult to watch. One of the few positives is that they're allowing CM Punk and others to have an avenue to get some TV time instead of being on OVW.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 26, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
Wrestlecrap.com 2006 Gooker nominees initial listing is out. Any other ideas can be e-mailed. They'll have the finals in January where we can all vote.

Wrestlecrap.com is a FANTASTIC website. It is well written and very funny. Before it got too popular it had all of its inductees up, it would literally kill hours at a time reading that stuff.

this is a pro wrestling thread, but I don't think there's enough MMA interest to start a separate thread, so I'll post here.

Some internet sites (sherdog.com, mmaweekly.com) are reporting that Mirko Cro Cop has signed with the UFC. Cro Cop is arguably the #2 HW and overall fighter in the world, and is an exciting striker, specificially known for his highlight reel knockouts (He almost killed Wanderli (sp?) Silva with a left high kick a few months back in the Pride FC Open Weight Grand Prix). He has done basically all of his fighting in Japan, mainly with K-1 or Pride.

If it is true, he will be an exciting addition to the UFC, and if you enjoy UFC and haven't had an opportunity to see any Pride stuff, you'll be suprised!

Snitsky and Masters are getting moved to WWECW most likely so they can be utilized more often.

And who else here would love to see Lashley get a manager (Teddy Long, Brother Love...just a warm body that is good on the stick), turn outright heel and just get pushed as a dangerous heel wrestler? That way, his problems on the stick are covered up, he doesn't have to be technically sound in the ring if he's pushed as a monster and it'd actually be moderately entertaining to have 1 heel champ on any of the E programming.

And Vince also said that the reason he believes ECW is failing is because there isn't enough humor on the show. Gee, and here I've been thinking the current incarnation of WWECW was a huge joke.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
And Vince also said that the reason he believes ECW is failing is because there isn't enough humor on the show. Gee, and here I've been thinking the current incarnation of WWECW was a huge joke.

Once again, Vince throws a shovelful of dirt on ECW's grave.

Yep, ECW's failing because it's not a chucklefest. Uh-huh. Riiiight.

Couldn't be because he took "extreme" matches off the show for the most part, or because he's throwing his usual crappy HOSSES at it, or because it's on a s***ty channel that not all cable subscribers even have.

No, no - we need more YUKS. THAT'LL solve everything.

Without serious competition, Vince is absolutely clueless about entertaining the audience.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 12:26 PM)
Once again, Vince throws a shovelful of dirt on ECW's grave.

Yep, ECW's failing because it's not a chucklefest. Uh-huh. Riiiight.

Couldn't be because he took "extreme" matches off the show for the most part, or because he's throwing his usual crappy HOSSES at it, or because it's on a s***ty channel that not all cable subscribers even have.

No, no - we need more YUKS. THAT'LL solve everything.

Without serious competition, Vince is absolutely clueless about entertaining the audience.

Yep...

And supposedly Bob Backlund is going to be the PPV judge for the PCS contest.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
Yep...

And supposedly Bob Backlund is going to be the PPV judge for the PCS contest.

I tune out of that PCS thing every time Kevin Nash opens his unfunny, outdated and irrelevant mouth.

Bob Backlund is such an obscure person to bring in, so it does at least fit the "huh?" factor of Nash's skits.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
I tune out of that PCS thing every time Kevin Nash opens his unfunny, outdated and irrelevant mouth.

Bob Backlund is such an obscure person to bring in, so it does at least fit the "huh?" factor of Nash's skits.

The whole Nash vs. X-Division started off interesting and entertaining but obviously went sour when Nash got hurt, and yes, he did get hurt. I haven't seen much of the PCS stuff but to call Bob Backlund obscure is way off. He was one of the best technical wrestlers ever. Back in his hayday, he was one guy who made wrestling look legit.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
The whole Nash vs. X-Division started off interesting and entertaining but obviously went sour when Nash got hurt, and yes, he did get hurt. I haven't seen much of the PCS stuff but to call Bob Backlund obscure is way off. He was one of the best technical wrestlers ever. Back in his hayday, he was one guy who made wrestling look legit.

By "obscure" I mean that his heyday was the late 70's/early 80s, his "comedy resurgence" was in the mid-to-late 90's, and I highly doubt 75% of TNA's viewers today know who the hell he is.

He was a legit collegiate wrestler and he played the "babyface in peril" better than anyone during his WWWF title run, so I'm definitely not downing his actual pro and amateur wrestling skills when I call him obscure.

Ask a crowd at a WWE show who he is. You'll see that his Q rating is pretty low.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 06:42 PM)
By "obscure" I mean that his heyday was the late 70's/early 80s, his "comedy resurgence" was in the mid-to-late 90's, and I highly doubt 75% of TNA's viewers today know who the hell he is.

He was a legit collegiate wrestler and he played the "babyface in peril" better than anyone during his WWWF title run, so I'm definitely not downing his actual pro and amateur wrestling skills when I call him obscure.

Ask a crowd at a WWE show who he is. You'll see that his Q rating is pretty low.

Needs more Iron Sheik.

New ECW segment -- Humbl'd with the Sheik! Watch as he suplexes, puts them in the Camel Clutch, breaks their back and then f***s their ass making them humble, old country style!

It'll be guaranteed yuks!