Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 12:11 AM)
The best thing about the Bischoff showing up on Raw was that NOBODY but Eric, Vince, and Steph knew. There was no spoiler or rumor in the internet or anything! It was one of the last great shockers!

Yep.

HBK coming out of retirement and joining the NWO was the same way. That, IMO, was the biggest MTFO moment ever in WWE.

I've heard Cena/HBK for the Raw side at Mania with HBK winning the Rumble. Batista/Taker for the Smackdown side. Taker should win it - I don't think it would really hurt Big Dave to lose to Taker at WM. ECW main event is not set right now - they want a big guy (it was supposed to be Khali), maybe Monty Brown or Test, to face Lashley.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 06:12 PM)
Yep.

HBK coming out of retirement and joining the NWO was the same way. That, IMO, was the biggest MTFO moment ever in WWE.

Yeah,wasnt big show coming to WWF pretty suprsing i remember that was the most shocking for me/besides bischoff

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 09:18 PM)
Yeah,wasnt big show coming to WWF pretty suprsing i remember that was the most shocking for me/besides bischoff

i think his debut was at st valentines day massacre in the cage match between austin and vince; big slow threw him through the cage and caused austin to win

I remember reading online about Paul Wight jumping over a month or so before it happened and it was being reported that he would interfere in that cage match between Austin and McMahon.

The Radicalz jumping was so fast. One day they got their release and the next they were on Raw which we all knew what would happen.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
I remember reading online about Paul Wight jumping over a month or so before it happened and it was being reported that he would interfere in that cage match between Austin and McMahon.

The Radicalz jumping was so fast. One day they got their release and the next they were on Raw which we all knew what would happen.

Ah i guess i didnt read Rajah that month. i try so hard not to read but yet its so hard not to read rajah

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)

Yeah, that was out there a little bit before hand. It was at the height of the WCW/WWF Monday Night Wars, and he did a great job of playing the sides against each other and getting his HUGE WWF contract

Another round of cuts at Titan Tower today.

Getting the pink slip:

Al Snow (although he's likely to keep his trainer/road agent job)

Gangrel

Tony Marmaluke

Basham Brothers

The Gymini

Sylvester Terkay

"Mr and Mrs Jazz" (Jazz and Rodney Mack)

C.W. Anderson

Gotta clear up some cash to pay The Great Khali somewhere, I suppose....

Edited by The Critic

I was there too, and the WWF f***ed it up.

They showed it around right when RAW began, but on the big screen the numbers got cut off. It turns out they added an additional 30 minutes, so at 8 PM (the original ending time) during a Kane and X-Pac tag match, nothing happened and people were wondering what was going on.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
Another round of cuts at Titan Tower today.

Getting the pink slip:

Al Snow (although he's likely to keep his trainer/road agent job)

Gangrel

Tony Marmaluke

Basham Brothers

The Gymini

Sylvester Terkay

"Mr and Mrs Jazz" (Jazz and Rodney Mack)

C.W. Anderson

Gotta clear up some cash to pay The Great Khali somewhere, I suppose....

Only decent people they cut were Snow as a wrestler, Mamaluke who can put on some damn good matches...

And add to the list the head writer of SmackDown!

SmackDown writer Andrew Goldstein, second in command to Michael Hayes, has been fired. Goldstein was informed of his termination by WWE Human Resources, instead of by someone like Stephanie McMahon.

On SmackDown, unlike on RAW and ECW, Michael Hayes dictates what he wants on the show, and then Goldstein would take all of that and put it together in a format that can be televised.

Apparently, Goldstein was very popular backstage, always worked very hard, and was always a professional. However, considering that Michael Hayes has more of an 'old-school' state of mind, he often clashed with Goldstein. Hayes eventually got him fired and pushed him out the door. Backstage, many people are surprised and upset about this. If the replacement for Goldstein isn't someone who can take Hayes' dictations and format, then you could be seeing a dip in the show quality of SmackDown!.

But on the hiring side -- they supposedly hired Ace Steel and Cassidy Riley.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 06:12 PM)
Only decent people they cut were Snow as a wrestler, Mamaluke who can put on some damn good matches...

And add to the list the head writer of SmackDown!

SmackDown writer Andrew Goldstein, second in command to Michael Hayes, has been fired. Goldstein was informed of his termination by WWE Human Resources, instead of by someone like Stephanie McMahon.

On SmackDown, unlike on RAW and ECW, Michael Hayes dictates what he wants on the show, and then Goldstein would take all of that and put it together in a format that can be televised.

Apparently, Goldstein was very popular backstage, always worked very hard, and was always a professional. However, considering that Michael Hayes has more of an 'old-school' state of mind, he often clashed with Goldstein. Hayes eventually got him fired and pushed him out the door. Backstage, many people are surprised and upset about this. If the replacement for Goldstein isn't someone who can take Hayes' dictations and format, then you could be seeing a dip in the show quality of SmackDown!.

Gee, I hope they hire more soap opera and sitcom writers with absolutely NO history of watching wrestling...

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 06:12 PM)

I believe Ace Steel was "Donald Trump" in the horrible Trump vs. Rosie "match"

Great story about Ace Steel and Colt Cabana. At various points both have wrestled as jobbers for WWE, and they have eached used the others real name as their ring name.

RIP Bam Bam Bigelow.

WWE.com has learned that former WWE Superstar Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow has passed away in Florida.

Kevin Doll, the Public Information Director for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Bigelow was found dead early this morning in his home in Hudson, Fla.

"We can confirm that Scott Bigelow was found in his home this morning. At this time the cause of death is unknown," Doll told WWE.com.

Doll also confirmed that the Pasco-Pinellas Counties medical examiner has taken the body and an autopsy will be performed.

...And add Tatanka to the list of people fired by the E.

Bam Bam really had a tough go at it after WCW closed up shop. Its a shame to see such a larger than life character slide down the slope he has and end up dead.

Unfortunately, it seems pretty rare that former wrestlers have a good quality of life after their careers end.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 08:06 AM)
Hasn't Al Snow only been a trainer for awhile. Maybe did a job on WWECW once.

As for the others, good riddance. They all sucked anyway. I would of let some others go as well.

yeah, I think they signed him to a wrestling contract when WWECW restarted, but once they pulled the plug on the house shoes, they didn't need a lot of the talent they had... he's still a trainer for them.

I'm suprised The Sandman and Balls made it through this round.

The end of Raw was awesome tonite, Shawn Michaels totally went off. Orton made a good save for Edge, it was predictable, but I thought it was very well done. I thought the Street fight was one of the better matches I have seen on Raw in a long time.