Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 27, 2007 -> 07:40 AM)
I agree, but I just think Vince botched his character up so badly that slapping the mask and wig back on him at this point won't have the same iMpact! (sorry, couldn't help myself :D ) that it might've before they:

had him look all burnt at first and then slowly become "not burnt looking at all"

done the hideously stupid "fake Kane May 19th" angle

demoted him to SmackDown (even though it's been the better show lately, it IS still a demotion)

It would just seem desperate to mask him up again at this point, and would also give unwarranted credibility to the mistake that is Montell Vhatever Porter.

Maybe TNA is going to put a Kane mask on Sting after Jim Mitchell torched HIS face?

:D

Yeah, I agree with that, Vince definitely botched the angle. Kane probably is gonna be out of the business in a few years and wants to be known as the unstoppable monster before he goes out. From what I have read, his body has taken quite a beating in thepast few years and you can tell he doesnt get the same pop that the masked Kane gets. If he has to put the wig on to accompany the mask I will be extremely dissapointed though.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 27, 2007 -> 08:55 AM)
Yeah, I agree with that, Vince definitely botched the angle. Kane probably is gonna be out of the business in a few years and wants to be known as the unstoppable monster before he goes out. From what I have read, his body has taken quite a beating in thepast few years and you can tell he doesnt get the same pop that the masked Kane gets. If he has to put the wig on to accompany the mask I will be extremely dissapointed though.

His body has taken a beating for a while, hell he has been in WWE forever.. im sure most of you know he was Isaac Yankem back in the day

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jan 27, 2007 -> 06:27 PM)
I actually liked the fake Kane angle. I don't know why, but, I thought they ended way too soon.

The part that got on my nerves was the way Kane was all afraid of "MAY NINETEEEEEEEEEENTH!!!!!" when everyone knew from the commercials on their own show that May 19th was the release date for See No Evil.

They SHOULD have had Kane be afraid of May 26th, when the movie would disappear from theatres forever.

:D

News & Notes....

Rumored matches for 'Mania

Cena v. Edge v. Orton for the belt

'Taker v. Batista

Hogan v. Shane McMahon w/Great Khali in his corner (This is going to be the showstopper)

and rumored will be HBK w/Donald Trump v. King Bookah w/ Vinny Mac in his corner

this 'Mania is looking like the best yet

CM Punk is supposedly getting heat from the boys for making out with Maria while on the Iraq trip...

Also seems none of the boys are really fond of Batista...shocker

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jan 28, 2007 -> 12:09 AM)
News & Notes....

Rumored matches for 'Mania

Cena v. Edge v. Orton for the belt

'Taker v. Batista

Hogan v. Shane McMahon w/Great Khali in his corner (This is going to be the showstopper)

and rumored will be HBK w/Donald Trump v. King Bookah w/ Vinny Mac in his corner

this 'Mania is looking like the best yet

CM Punk is supposedly getting heat from the boys for making out with Maria while on the Iraq trip...

Also seems none of the boys are really fond of Batista...shocker

Anything with Orton is gold.. sadly the rest of that looks like crap, I hope they get this fixed because it really is going down the crapper

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 28, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
Royal Rumble is always top notch in my opinion. Even the worse booked ones (1999) seem to entertain me.

I'm pulling for Orton or HBK.

The Rumble is easily my favorite PPV. It's just so different from the other events.

I'm thinking Undertaker for this Royal Rumble. He just better not have his streak of WM wins snapped by Batista.

Was thinking of past Rumbles. 1992 was easily the best. So many big names. The past few years have been well done as well. I totally marked for Maven eliminating Taker in 2002, London selling the elimination by Snitsky in 05 was sweet, Bushwacker Luke...nuff said.

Rumor is that there will be some sort of "injury" type angle to take 2 guys out of the rumble and they'll be replaced with 2 legends....*crosses fingers for Ron Simmons*

DAMN!

I ordered the rumble tonite about a half hour late, and when i hit "BUY" on Comcast, it just went to a black screen. So I call comcast to see what can be done, and the guy tells me "Sorry, the systems are down right now and I cant do anything about it. Call us tomorrow and you will get a credit". Great customer service.

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Jan 28, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)
That was possibly the greatest royal rumble I have ever seen.

I hated the 90 sec intervals but understand time constraints, but I agree. More than made up for it. HBK and UT at the end was great drama with a lot of elimination teases. Those two can still go. I think HBK should go back to his own garb and music with HHH out.

I wanted HBK to win because I don't think UT and Batista needed a RR win to get that match booked.

Matches were decent outside the ECW ending. Just awful.

Batista is horrible. Kennedy setting him up for his power moves the whole time and Batista couldn't even execute them well.

Last Man Standing match was actually very good. Umaga looked strong in the loss so everybody wins. Good big PPV to start the year...didn't see NYR.

Last Man Standing match was actually very good. Umaga looked strong in the loss so everybody wins. Good big PPV to start the year...didn't see NYR.

Coming into the match, I thought this would be a poorly executed match. The bumps that Umaga took especially the belly splash on the announcers table looked awesome.

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Jan 28, 2007 -> 10:32 PM)
Coming into the match, I thought this would be a poorly executed match. The bumps that Umaga took especially the belly splash on the announcers table looked awesome.

Umaga can take some big hits. I really like ESTRADDDDDDDA! How quick was The Great Khali eliminated from the Rumble?