Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
A very good promo, but the out of sync video/audio was distracting.

Heel Rock was so much more entertaining than Face Rocky.

Yeah, I just listened to it as I was playing PS2. The guy who loaded it is a Mother Canucker!

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 06:59 AM)
I know, but im talking where he had sable with him and he did the curtsy

There's a Youtube Video with HHH bout 6 months later when he was feuding with Goldust, and Chyna was swinging Marlena (Terri Runnells) around like crazy. Funny stuff.

With that gimmick, didn't he lose to the Ultimate Warrior in about 30 secs at Wrestlemania though?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 12:08 PM)
I was there in person for the match in your avatar. It was probably the best match I've ever seen live.

Yeah, one of the best matches ever on Raw. I remember they were kind of starting an HBK vs. Shelton angle when HBK's book came out. They showed Shelton reading it backstage and stuff like that. Too bad they never followed through because Benjamin can go in the ring.

Umaga squashing Dusty Rhodes and Roddy Piper last night was lame, Umaga needs to fued with someone like Taker IMO, and stop running in and squashing inferior/past their prime wrestlers. I do like the "Loser shaves his head" match between Vince and Trump though, although I see no way in H*** that Trump ends up shaving his head.

The 8 man tag match was a missed spot fest at the end. Just ugly.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
Yeah, one of the best matches ever on Raw. I remember they were kind of starting an HBK vs. Shelton angle when HBK's book came out. They showed Shelton reading it backstage and stuff like that. Too bad they never followed through because Benjamin can go in the ring.

Shelton is yet again proof that WWE writers don't know what to do with good wrestlers. I thought they were going somewhere when he beat HHH 3 or four times in a row....maybe something happened offstage or something. Next thing you know he's a mama's boy whining he's not winning.

i haven't watched WWE much the last few months but i know Shelton is back with Haas. Not sure if they are doing any good or not though.

QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 09:32 AM)
Shelton is yet again proof that WWE writers don't know what to do with good wrestlers. I thought they were going somewhere when he beat HHH 3 or four times in a row....maybe something happened offstage or something. Next thing you know he's a mama's boy whining he's not winning.

i haven't watched WWE much the last few months but i know Shelton is back with Haas. Not sure if they are doing any good or not though.

He sucks with the mic, its pretty much his whole problem. He cannot create a gimmick to draw the fans, and the fans always want someone who can talk to them. I have yet to see a promo from him that he didnt fumble and sound lost.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 09:34 AM)
He sucks with the mic, its pretty much his whole problem. He cannot create a gimmick to draw the fans, and the fans always want someone who can talk to them. I have yet to see a promo from him that he didnt fumble and sound lost.

While the gimic was kind of cheesy and wrestlecrap-ish, the mama angle was getting over before the lady had health problems.

I really don't have a problem with him teaming with Haas again, they reminded me of the Steiners back in the early 90s and one of the better tag team in recent memory.

One line that sticks out from Shelton is when he was talking to Jericho and said, "I could close my fist and create more hits than the last Fozzy album."

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 09:34 AM)

This is the main reason I dislike the fact that HAWT CHIX have replaced managers.

A HAWT CHIK is fine, dandy and splendid, but a good manager can add a lot to a wrestler who either can't speak well or is un comfortable on the mic.

Best example I can think of right now is Abyss. Without James Mitchell's promos (which are often VERY good), Abyss is just KaneKind, and no one cares. I don't know if many people care even with Mitchell, but I'm always tuned in when Mitchell speaks.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 09:45 AM)
This is the main reason I dislike the fact that HAWT CHIX have replaced managers.

A HAWT CHIK is fine, dandy and splendid, but a good manager can add a lot to a wrestler who either can't speak well or is un comfortable on the mic.

Best example I can think of right now is Abyss. Without James Mitchell's promos (which are often VERY good), Abyss is just KaneKind, and no one cares. I don't know if many people care even with Mitchell, but I'm always tuned in when Mitchell speaks.

Sunny, in her prime, was good at both promos and looks.

Seems like AAE's role has diminished with Umaga which is also unfortunate.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 09:51 AM)
Sunny, in her prime, was good at both promos and looks.

Seems like AAE's role has diminished with Umaga which is also unfortunate.

AAE wasn't getting booed because everybody chanted along with him "My name es...." so they cut back.

A good manager is so awesome. /runs off to watch some old Mr. Fuji and Bobby Heenan tapes

I cant believe how any of you like TNA, I have tried to watch it and its just lame.

I guess I have a hard time getting into the recycled WWE guys.. and then the original guys they have just dont impress me at all (I do like AJ Styles though, wish WWE could get him.)

QUOTE(T R U @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
I cant believe how any of you like TNA, I have tried to watch it and its just lame.

I guess I have a hard time getting into the recycled WWE guys.. and then the original guys they have just dont impress me at all (I do like AJ Styles though, wish WWE could get him.)

The thing that bugs me the most is the six sided ring. At least in the WWE the guys can give the appearance that they are bouncing off the ropes and into moves, but the six sided ring forces those guys to visibly manufacture momentum, and it just all comes off looking bad and completely scripted. I dont mind the recycled WWe guys, because some of them needed a fresh start and a shot to be the man(Christian Cage expecially). But it just looks like it is headed straight to WCW he** to me. Kevin Nash really doesnt offer anything, Sting is playing the same role he always has(although I like the return of the surf-punk makeup, the Crow makeup and "depression" was ridiculously outdated).

And everytime I watch it, it just looks so....confined. The promos look like everyone is on top of each other, the stage is like 10 feet from the entrance. Maybe if they took their show to a slightly bigger venue and started a regular tour, it would develop into something a little better, who knows.

They do have some really good wrestlers in their stable though, I cannot deny them that

QUOTE(T R U @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)

One of they're major issues, one which Russo isn't helping at all, is that with only an hour on tv they're giving the wrong people air time. I'm sure there are still a lot of people who want to see Sting, Steiner, etc., but they're missing soooo much talent on their roster.

Going 2 hours with Impact will give them a chance to showcase the better wrestlers on their roster... hopefully. It's been pretty evident that given enough time during PPV, most of the roster is capable of putting on fantastic matches.