Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 09:51 AM)
Sunny, in her prime, was good at both promos and looks.

Seems like AAE's role has diminished with Umaga which is also unfortunate.

Sunny is an exception to the rule, and may have actually been the reason we have so many useless females at ringside now.

AAE should have an entire stable by now. Vince is dropping the ball again.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrestling Society ADD has pulled their fourth episode.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2007/articles/1171677515.php

Apparently MTV is concerned that their retarded audience will try to copycat the fireball stunt on that episode.

Why don't they just stick a "Kids, Don't Try This At Home" disclaimer at the start of the show, like they did with shows like Jackass?

Ironic that the network who helped popularize the phrase "FIRE! FFFFFFFFFFFFIRRRRE!!!!" would be afraid to actually SHOW fire.

I hope TNA has some reason behind this - otherwise, it makes zero sense to pull Mitchell halfway through the angle:

"TNA star James Mitchell will not be appearing alongside Abyss during his Late Rites match against Sting at the Destination X pay-per-view. Apparently, Mitchell has been written off TV for the next two months. There is no word on why; neither has there been a storyline filmed in front of fans to explain his absence. Both Sting and Abyss are said to be surprised and disappointed about Mitchell being removed from the storyline. Something may be added in post-production to explain his absence."

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Feb 17, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
Interesting night in NY for ROH last night... Roddy and Davey destroy Aries; Aries and Evans back together; Joe chokes out Morishima.

The reaction from people there was that it was a great show and a fantastic way to start off the Five Year Festival.

Davey and Roddy are the New Remorse Corps. (Buh? -- almost a stupid name as VKM)

I can't wait for 2.24 to see Cide/Joe vs Morishima/Nigel and I can't wait to get some extra cash so I can pick up some more ROH DVD's (Glory By Honor V Night 2, Final Battle 2006, Joe v. Kobashi)

/off to watch Death Before Dishonor IV yet again...

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 17, 2007 -> 07:08 PM)
Davey and Roddy are the New Remorse Corps. (Buh? -- almost a stupid name as VKM)

I can't wait for 2.24 to see Cide/Joe vs Morishima/Nigel and I can't wait to get some extra cash so I can pick up some more ROH DVD's (Glory By Honor V Night 2, Final Battle 2006, Joe v. Kobashi)

/off to watch Death Before Dishonor IV yet again...

I read that TNA "asked" Joe to discontinue performing with ROH.

Something about ROH benefiting from TNA's hype and exposure of Joe to sell DVDs, etc.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 17, 2007 -> 07:11 PM)
I read that TNA "asked" Joe to discontinue performing with ROH.

Something about ROH benefiting from TNA's hype and exposure of Joe to sell DVDs, etc.

Yep, Joe is on his farewell tour for ROH.

By the end of the year it is also likely that Daniels, Homicide, Aries and other TNA regulars in ROH will likely be out of ROH.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 18, 2007 -> 02:46 PM)
Anyone watching the PPV tonite?

Side story is WWE Diva Ashley is in Playboy this month

Even the brand only PPVs suck, I have gotten No Way Out cuz they seem to do a decent job of setting up WM, but I will NOT be getting tonights show. I am intrigued by the tag match and the new 6 man added today with Hardyz/Benoit vs. MNM/MVP.

I hope to see desention between Benoit and Matt and see a WM US title match between the two.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 17, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
f***ing hell.

Homicide can't even get through 4 shows with the strap. Damn you TNA.

Takeshi Morishima wins the ROH World Title tonight.

We have a new ROH World Champ.

Most don't think last night was TNA-related. Though he'll probably get the Daniels/AJ/KI/Joe treatment soon enough, for now it looks like he'll be taking Joe's spot as the ROH crusader against NOAH.

Cide is planning on being a regular for awhile, so odds are he'll get a shot at Morishima (or KENTA for that matter) later this spring or summer and re-gain the strap.

Overall, Gabe certainly has shaken things up pretty quickly.

No Way Out results

Chris Benoit & The Hardys vs. MVP & MNM [6-Man Tag Team Match]

YOUR WINNER: Chris Benoit & The Hardys

Cruiserweight Open Match [Cruiserweight Championship Match]

Daivari, Scotty 2 Hotty, Funaki, Jimmy Yang, Gregory Helms, Chavo Guerrero,

Shannon Moore, Jaime Noble

Your Winner and New Cruiserweight Champion: Chavo Guerrero

Boogeyman & Little Boogeyman vs. Finlay & Little Bastard

Your Winner: Finlay & Little Bastard

Kane vs. King Booker

Your Winner: Kane

Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Deuce & Domino [WWE Tag Team Championship Match]

Your Winner: Brian Kendrick & Paul London

Mr. Kennedy vs. Bobby Lashley [ECW World Championship Match]

Your Winner: Mr. Kennedy(DQ)

Undertaker & Batista vs. Shawn Michaels & John Cena

Your Winner: John Cena & Shawn Michaels

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 18, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
Sounds like Batista goes heel on Undertaker from what I read.

Yeah, he batista-bombed taker and left him in the ring to get beat on.

Im wondering if Lashley retained the ECW strap since he was disqualified for using a chair. And that brings me to another question, why would an ECW match end in disqualification for using a chair? Isnt using a chair considered "extreme"?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 18, 2007 -> 10:36 PM)
Yeah, he batista-bombed taker and left him in the ring to get beat on.

Im wondering if Lashley retained the ECW strap since he was disqualified for using a chair. And that brings me to another question, why would an ECW match end in disqualification for using a chair? Isnt using a chair considered "extreme"?

Apparently you haven't been paying attention to the new ECW, but they aren't the same no rules matches they once were.. So yes, Lashley remains the ECW Heavyweight Champion.

Further proving the disappointment that is WWECW

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 01:45 AM)
I wish there was some way you could bet on WWE, I'd be filthy rich. It's so damn predictable. I don't watch that much, but when was the last time Cena lost?

When "The Marine" came out?

:D

...should that be in green?

QUOTE(T R U @ Feb 18, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)
Apparently you haven't been paying attention to the new ECW, but they aren't the same no rules matches they once were.. So yes, Lashley remains the ECW Heavyweight Champion.

Further proving the disappointment that is WWECW

On purpose, absolutely ignoring it.

Another wrestler dies way too young:

"According to Dave Meltzer, former ECW world champion Mike Awesome, 42, has passed away. His real name was Mike Alfonso. According to reports, Awesome was found dead on Saturday mornining in the Tampa Area. In addition to working in the U.S., he also worked for FMW in Japan. He will probably be most remembered as the ECW champion that signed with WCW when he still held the title. Tazz was brought in by WWE to take the title from him, as he jumped to WCW. Awesome announced his retirement from wrestling in early 2006."

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 01:45 AM)
I wish there was some way you could bet on WWE, I'd be filthy rich. It's so damn predictable. I don't watch that much, but when was the last time Cena lost?

Well since most of the stuff leaks, I dont see any way of that possibly happening but yes even when you DONT hear whats gonna happen its a very easy call

Update on Mike Awesome - it just gets sadder:

"Dave Meltzer reports that Mike Awesome was found on Saturday night around 10:30 PM. Friends had arrived at his home to pick up him up, and he never answered the door. Awesome was found hanging in his home, and it is believed his death was due to suicide pending results of the autopsy."