Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 12:01 PM)
The 2 shows they ran Wrestlemania weekend last year are MUST haves. They were awesome live. One of the rare 5 star matches on American soil, and I got to see it live!!

Interesting that ROH is running a different building on the 24th of this month. Use to be Chicago Ridge, now it's somewhere in the city...

http://rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=1037

Not sure if I'm going to make this one, PRIDE is having their 2nd event in America that night, and it'll be on PPV. Although it will be Samoa Joe's last ROH appearance in Chicago, and Brian Danielson cracks me up!

The budget allowed two so I had to pick. It was quite hard but I went for a show that I was at (Chicago Spec.) and one that I've wanted to see for a long while -- Death Before Dishonor IV.

I can't wait to see Samoa Joe's last ROH appearance in Chicago. It is going to be so awesome.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
I can't wait to see Samoa Joe's last ROH appearance in Chicago. It is going to be so awesome.

They could stick him against Sugarfoot and I'd be glad to see him one more time in ROH... but the fact that it's him & 'Cide vs. MORISHIMA!!! & Nigel is amazing.

Edited by Purdue129

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
WSX was very entertaining

I liked it, I am gonna try and watch it every time it comes on now.. I was very impressed. Is its usual time Tuesdays at 930?

I couldn't get through the half-hour.

The sound, pace and "feel" of the show bothered me. No pace, no logic to anything, just spots and yelling, spots and yelling, more spots and more yelling.

HEY!LOOKOVERHERE!

I'MSCREAMINGCUZIT'SEXCITING!!!

NO!LOOKOVERHERE!

I'MSCREAMINGEVENLOUDERCUZIT'SEXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!!!!!!!

WAIT!LOOKOVERHEREAGAIN!!!

THINGSAREBLOWINGUPOVERHERE!!

BUTTHINGSAREONFIREOVERHERE!!!

THINGSBLEWUPTHENCAUGHTONFIREANDNOWTHEY'REMAKINGOTHERTHINGSBLOWUPOVERHERE!!!

.....ugh.....

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)

The sound, pace and "feel" of the show bothered me. No pace, no logic to anything, just spots and yelling, spots and yelling, more spots and more yelling.

HEY!LOOKOVERHERE!

NO!LOOKOVERHERE!

.....ugh.....

True - it's not for everyone. but at least it's an alternative to the WWE/TNA "Sports Entertainment" we're used to.

Interesting to see if it gets better or worse as the season goes on.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)

HEY!LOOKOVERHERE!

NO!LOOKOVERHERE!

.....ugh.....

Oh, I agree

However, on a tuesday night its something I wouldnt mind watching for entertainment purposes for half an hour.. it was at least something that I could sit and watch, it is a little over the top but entertained me for that brief time

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
True - it's not for everyone. but at least it's an alternative to the WWE/TNA "Sports Entertainment" we're used to.

Interesting to see if it gets better or worse as the season goes on.

It is a good thing to have another product to choose from, but the production style's just not for me.

I've always been more into the promos and buildups to a feud, and there's not enough time to do that in a half-hour.

They only have time for the "crash-and-burn" style, so that's what they'll present. I don't blame them, it's just not something I care to watch regularly.

Someone tell HBK to go back to his non DX music and stuff. He will carry Cena to a good match for sure.

Batista and UT will be more like UT vs. Sid from WM 13. Yawn, and a bunch of power moves.

I like announcing the matches early. Plenty of time to build them up.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 05:25 AM)
Undertaker vs Batista, Cena vs HBK for Wrestlemania,

Undertaker and Batista vs Cena and HBK for Tag titles at No Way out.

Interesting setup, there could be some backstabbing at the upcoming PPV

as far as I know, the NWO main event is NOT for the tag belts.

good main event matches set up for WM, but TWO face v face? Just goes to show how bad the WWE is right now with credible heels. And if we get Edge v Orton we get a heel v heel match in there too. Weird.

What bout McMahon v Trump? Trump in the corner of some ECW originals and McMahon in the corner of some bulked-up jerks. That should suck. Or will they keep those two storylines apart?

Hoping for a TLC match between the Hardys, MNM, London & Kendrick, and the WGTT.

Ric Flair's promo to Carlito last night kicked major ass. Interesting to see where this takes Carlito - heel turn, maybe?

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 12:58 PM)
as far as I know, the NWO main event is NOT for the tag belts.

good main event matches set up for WM, but TWO face v face? Just goes to show how bad the WWE is right now with credible heels. And if we get Edge v Orton we get a heel v heel match in there too. Weird.

What bout McMahon v Trump? Trump in the corner of some ECW originals and McMahon in the corner of some bulked-up jerks. That should suck. Or will they keep those two storylines apart?

Hoping for a TLC match between the Hardys, MNM, London & Kendrick, and the WGTT.

Ric Flair's promo to Carlito last night kicked major ass. Interesting to see where this takes Carlito - heel turn, maybe?

I totally agree, Flair showed some bigtime fire in that promo. I dont know if its a sign of a heel turn as much as it is a sign of a bigtime push for Carlito, kind of a "Get your sh*t together kid, its time to stop playing around" pep talk.

Personally I thought Carlito was a fantastic heel right off the bat with his huge enforcer(cant remember his name), but that guy got hurt and was never seen again.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
Someone tell HBK to go back to his non DX music and stuff. He will carry Cena to a good match for sure.

I would MTFO if he came in from the rafters with the silver on a la WMXII

Also, the Ric Flair promo:

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
I would MTFO if he came in from the rafters with the silver on a la WMXII

Also, the Ric Flair promo:

Post Owen...ixnay on the aftersray.

Just got done watching Death Before Dishonor III. The final match between Austin Aries and CM Punk. That is how you have a heel turn with such a positive crowd. The complete 180 shift that the crowd made at the end was so classic.

WSX notes from watching it tonight...

-too much lameass pyro...especially with the coffin. Not everything is meant to explode. For f***'s sake this is not a John Woo film.

-that in ring announcer needs a massive dose of Quaaludes to calm him and his spastic screaming and running around aimlessly

-they got rid of the Human Tornado's gimmick hometown and the best one ever (n****keeprunnin', Mississippi)

-the matches are spotfests. Perhaps it is watching too much ROH but I do like a buildup to the high impact moves

-these announcers are worse than Don West on crack. If you listen closely, you can hear Gordon Solie doing barrel rolls.

-WTF are these "fans" in the crowd? Have any of them ever seen quality wrestling? Seriously...

+they got two guys from the 2006 match of the year working for them (aka team dragon gate)

+they got pwg's former world champ Joey Ryan -- who wants a mustache ride?!

...Now all that said, it was better than the ECW program being run. I can't wait for Van Dam to go to TNA as Harvey Dangerfield -- but you can call him Harvey D.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)
...Now all that said, it was better than the ECW program being run. I can't wait for Van Dam to go to TNA as Harvey Dangerfield -- but you can call him Harvey D.

LoL!!!

I actually like what ECW is setting up with the new breed vs. originals.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
LoL!!!

I actually like what ECW is setting up with the new breed vs. originals.

Nothing more than the New Blood vs. the Millionaires Club back from the WCW days.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)
I totally agree, Flair showed some bigtime fire in that promo. I dont know if its a sign of a heel turn as much as it is a sign of a bigtime push for Carlito, kind of a "Get your sh*t together kid, its time to stop playing around" pep talk.

Personally I thought Carlito was a fantastic heel right off the bat with his huge enforcer(cant remember his name), but that guy got hurt and was never seen again.

His enforcer was Jesus aka Aaron Aguilera - he's in WSX.

LCR, the "fans" at the WSX taping, except for the first episode, were paid extras, not wrestling fans. I was at one of the tapings for this season, as well as the pilot. Most of them had no idea what to expect and when they found out I was a fan, they asked stupid questions like "Are we going to seeing fake fighting and all that?" So not only, did they not know moves or to back up when a performer's about to dive through the ropes, they didn't know who was heel or who was a face. I left, I was so mad.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 02:22 PM)
His enforcer was Jesus aka Aaron Aguilera - he's in WSX.

LCR, the "fans" at the WSX taping, except for the first episode, were paid extras, not wrestling fans. I was at one of the tapings for this season, as well as the pilot. Most of them had no idea what to expect and when they found out I was a fan, they asked stupid questions like "Are we going to seeing fake fighting and all that?" So not only, did they not know moves or to back up when a performer's about to dive through the ropes, they didn't know who was heel or who was a face. I left, I was so mad.

So THAT's where they're sending the dopey kids after TRL finishes taping for the day....

So I'm trying to watch Wrestling Society ADD again today, and it's not really growing on me.

The main announcer and the ring announcer both sound like Don West and Joey Styles' less talented children.

(Which is NOT to imply that Don West has any talent, though)

I know it's supposed to be cartoonish, but so far I'm not finding much to like.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
SCOTT STEINER is Christian Cage's "scout" for his match against Angle?

What's Steiner going to teach Cage? How to bungle promos and blow up in three minutes?

Awful, awful, awful..............only thing worse would have been Nash.

Steiner's transformation from the mullet having member of the steiner brothers to "Big Poppa Pump" is one of the funniest things.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
Steiner's transformation from the mullet having member of the steiner brothers to "Big Poppa Pump" is one of the funniest things.

The Steiner Brothers are maybe the worst promo tag teams ever.

It was always fun to watch Rick mouth what Scott was saying WHILE Scott was talking.

Beautifully horrible.