Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
The end of Raw was awesome tonite, Shawn Michaels totally went off. Orton made a good save for Edge, it was predictable, but I thought it was very well done. I thought the Street fight was one of the better matches I have seen on Raw in a long time.

Couldn't of said it better myself, was a nice setup for Sunday

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 10:47 AM)
Again??

It was reported last Friday, and LCR posted it here that day, too.

:D

Not the Messiah. He waited four days to rise from the grave.

As for Raw, it was one of the more entertaining Raws in a while. Granted, that's like saying it is the world's tallest midget at this point but I did find it moderately entertaining.

Although I totally can't wait for the 2/24 ROH show. That tag main event is worth admission right there.

Morishima and Nigel vs Joe and Homicide

I didn't see Raw last night - I've been laid up with some kind of virus the past couple days.

I read the recap and it didn't seem like that great of a show, but if it was entertaining, that's good.

I REALLY can do without this beyond-stupid Vince/Trump angle, though.

Looks like Kevin Federline might be hired on as a full-time member of the WWE roster.

I don't know what to make of this - as a part-time gimmicky thing, it was fine, but full time?

:huh

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)
I didn't see Raw last night - I've been laid up with some kind of virus the past couple days.

I read the recap and it didn't seem like that great of a show, but if it was entertaining, that's good.

I REALLY can do without this beyond-stupid Vince/Trump angle, though.

Looks like Kevin Federline might be hired on as a full-time member of the WWE roster.

I don't know what to make of this - as a part-time gimmicky thing, it was fine, but full time?

cough*david arquette*cough

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)

I saw on some sites that ol' K-Fed was actually very respectful to the business and the guys backstage. I think that's where the "full-time" rumors started.

Here's an interesting tidbit:

The Wrestling-Observer Newsletter reports that some within TNA are looking to make the X-Division a legitimate sports competition.

The proposal going around calls for TNA to turn the X-Division matches into "shoot" bouts with a time limit. At the end of the match, a panel of real judges would crown the winner based on who "best performed" in the contest.

Obviously, there are a number of hurdles to implementing this idea; it presently remains at the talking phase.

Does anyone remember the Brawl For All in the WWF? Vince staged legit boxing matches with his wrestlers, and in the best moment of the tournament, he added Butterbean, an actual pro boxer. Butterbean knocked Bart Gunn the f*** OUT!!!! Look it up on YouTube - I think Gunn is just now waking up. LOL

This idea reminds me of that a little bit. I don't really want my staged fighting mixed with real fighting - I have UFC for the real stuff.

Oh, and just a bit of spam - TNA iMpact! is on tonight at 9:00 PM Central instead of on Thursday, for this week only.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 12:40 AM)
Does anyone remember the Brawl For All in the WWF? Vince staged legit boxing matches with his wrestlers, and in the best moment of the tournament, he added Butterbean, an actual pro boxer. Butterbean knocked Bart Gunn the f*** OUT!!!! Look it up on YouTube - I think Gunn is just now waking up. LOL

This idea reminds me of that a little bit. I don't really want my staged fighting mixed with real fighting - I have UFC for the real stuff.

God that thing was such a failure. Funny thing was, it was designed to put over Steve Williams who was supposed to walk through the competition. Then Billy Gunn knocked him out en route to winning the tournament. LOL

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 06:45 PM)
God that thing was such a failure. Funny thing was, it was designed to put over Steve Williams who was supposed to walk through the competition. Then Billy Gunn knocked him out en route to winning the tournament. LOL

That was hilarious! You could literally hear the dismay/shock in the announcer's voice (I believe it was Williams' good friend JR doing the announcing but I'm not 100% sure) when Gunn destroyed Dr. Death.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)
That was hilarious! You could literally hear the dismay/shock in the announcer's voice (I believe it was Williams' good friend JR doing the announcing but I'm not 100% sure) when Gunn destroyed Dr. Death.

I think they even had the angle where they would tease JR about his "boy" being knocked out.

Another good episode of iMpact! last night.

AJ masquerading as Raven to attack Rhino was good (and not having to watch Raven wobble around the ring made it that much better), Jim Mitchell's promo was VERY good, Christian is ALWAYS good. Even the Angle/Joe buildup was effective.

The Eric Young skit was lame, the VKM stuff sucked as always (OOOOOOH, tease a split....barf), and the X Division match looked TOTALLY fake. :D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 05:16 PM)
Another good episode of iMpact! last night.

AJ masquerading as Raven to attack Rhino was good (and not having to watch Raven wobble around the ring made it that much better), Jim Mitchell's promo was VERY good, Christian is ALWAYS good. Even the Angle/Joe buildup was effective.

The Eric Young skit was lame, the VKM stuff sucked as always (OOOOOOH, tease a split....barf), and the X Division match looked TOTALLY fake. :D

I thought iMpact came on thursday nights?

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)
I thought iMpact came on thursday nights?

Just what I needed - more proof that no one reads my posts.... :D :bang

I posted on Wednesday afternoon that TNA was running iMpact! on a different night for one week only.

Catch the replay if they show it on Saturday night, it was a good episode.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 03:16 AM)
Just what I needed - more proof that no one reads my posts.... :D :bang

I posted on Wednesday afternoon that TNA was running iMpact! on a different night for one week only.

Catch the replay if they show it on Saturday night, it was a good episode.

Haha, I didnt check this Wednesday and there was a new page when I checked last night.. I am not the biggest TNA fan so I dont really keep up with it however I was bored last night and figured I would watch some wrestling regardless of who it was..

Sadly, UFC was on instead.. but ill have to check it out Saturday Night then, whens it come on.. 12?

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 11:09 AM)
Haha, I didnt check this Wednesday and there was a new page when I checked last night.. I am not the biggest TNA fan so I dont really keep up with it however I was bored last night and figured I would watch some wrestling regardless of who it was..

Sadly, UFC was on instead.. but ill have to check it out Saturday Night then, whens it come on.. 12?

I think it's on at 10 on Saturday nights, but I'm not 100% sure.

It's worth looking for - even Konnan cut a nice promo. They used some mild visual effects on him to try to mask the 40 pounds he's lost since the hip surgery and kidney problems.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
Sooooo how many more shows until MVP burns Kane and he once again dons the mask as the Big Red Machine? 2 shows? Does it get past the Royal Rumble?

That'll be SUCH A SHOCK if (meaning "when") it happens.

WWE "creative" team :chair Me

I really hope TNA draws a mess of new viewers when they hold that Monday night special when the WWE is pre-empted by the dog show in February. Vince needs competition badly.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
That'll be SUCH A SHOCK if (meaning "when") it happens.

WWE "creative" team :chair Me

I really hope TNA draws a mess of new viewers when they hold that Monday night special when the WWE is pre-empted by the dog show in February. Vince needs competition badly.

Still though, I like the Big Red Machine better than the current version of Kane. He is just plain now, despite sneering constantly and having cool pyrotechnics. When he had his mask on he had that Jason/Michael Myers sense about him.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 10:18 PM)
Still though, I like the Big Red Machine better than the current version of Kane. He is just plain now, despite sneering constantly and having cool pyrotechnics. When he had his mask on he had that Jason/Michael Myers sense about him.

I agree, but I just think Vince botched his character up so badly that slapping the mask and wig back on him at this point won't have the same iMpact! (sorry, couldn't help myself :D ) that it might've before they:

had him look all burnt at first and then slowly become "not burnt looking at all"

done the hideously stupid "fake Kane May 19th" angle

demoted him to SmackDown (even though it's been the better show lately, it IS still a demotion)

It would just seem desperate to mask him up again at this point, and would also give unwarranted credibility to the mistake that is Montell Vhatever Porter.

Maybe TNA is going to put a Kane mask on Sting after Jim Mitchell torched HIS face?

:D