Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
I didn't hear Foley! What'd he say? What'd Hart say?

Captain Lou Albano? eww.

Hart said the only good thing for McMahon was repeated punches to the side of the head.

Foley said that he'd be part of the main event at Vengeance if he was still on Raw at the end of the show. He ripped into McMahon, went through a list of people that declined to do the appreciation night. When they mentioned Hogan, he got booed. It was a solid promo.

Torrie Wilson and Khali need to do a King Kong gimmick.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dream's promo sucked. So did that one obnoxious guy that kept yelling You Suck!

I have a lot of criticisms of Vince McMahon but destroying people's lives isn't generally one I'd give him, especially since he got a ton of money. He's always been good to old wrestlers signing them to deals just so that they would have some money for their family (see: Foley's books, forgot in which he says this) and he does some good charity work.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
The Dream's promo sucked. So did that one obnoxious guy that kept yelling You Suck!

I have a lot of criticisms of Vince McMahon but destroying people's lives isn't generally one I'd give him, especially since he got a ton of money. He's always been good to old wrestlers signing them to deals just so that they would have some money for their family (see: Foley's books, forgot in which he says this) and he does some good charity work.

Dude, the point of this is to bury McMahon in kayfabe-land. It's to make the Heel go more cuckoo.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:43 PM)
Don't be surprised if the screen goes to black at 10:59 tonight, as Vince is entering the ring to Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'".

Reason for this would be....

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)
I have been expecting since his announcement for Steve Austin to come down the ramp interrupting Vince McMahon's promo about how everyone hates him and can kiss his ass ending with Steve stunning him

Austin has been completely and utterly predictable since 2000.

Still entertaining, somewhat.

Matt hardy disappeared into jobberville after the whole Edge-Lita affair and subsequent failures to get revenge, but recently he has made a nice comeback, Im starting to enjoy watching his matches again. He just had a great run at it with Orton

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)
Matt hardy disappeared into jobberville after the whole Edge-Lita affair and subsequent failures to get revenge, but recently he has made a nice comeback, Im starting to enjoy watching his matches again. He just had a great run at it with Orton

Everyone here knows I have been a fan of Matt Hardy since he went singles. He can go in there, his problem is he isn't big. He gets one of the biggest pops in the WWE.

I saw his match with AJ Styles after he was released in 2005. He's underrated.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
ECW got absolutly shafted tonight.

Dude, no more "Bathturd" Lashley. Now we can have an actual wrestler on the show actually wrestling for the belt. I am pretty happy with the state of ECW. They got Boogeyman, Benoit and no more Lashley which is addition via subtraction.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
ECW got absolutly shafted tonight.

I actually liked that they ditched Lashley. Benoit going there makes for some good matches now and also Snitsky leaving means even less big stiffs. ECW gained with their losses IMO.

And they said there is a gonna be more drafting on wwe.com on Wednesday.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
Austin had such a great run.

too bad his body and specifically his knees wont let him be the wrestler that he used to be. Now he is just a caricature of what he used to be. When he comes in to the ring, he is gonna stun someone, thats it, nothing else.