Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 01:35 PM)
SPOILER***

according to wrestlezone.com, the front running main event matches for wm24 are cena vs triple h, undertaker vs edge, and a possible hbk vs orton grudge match

Undertaker vs. Edge would be a great match for WM24. Really would love to see those 2 work a program, and be sort of a "Battle of the WM Streaks" match, Edge would just say the WM23 Ladder Match in which he got taken out of doesn't count of course.

And I think Edge may actually hold the belt all the way until WM24.

Suprised that nothing is in store for Mr. Kennedy at this stage though.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Steiner suffered an injury to his trachea during TNA's house show in Puerto Rico over the weekend. He is scheduled to have surgery soon, possibly as early as today.

Steiner is scheduled to reunite with his brother, Rick Steiner, in a match against Team 3-D for the TNA Tag Team Titles at the Slammiversary PPV. That match may now need to be changed. It is not known how long he will be out but one would assume that he won't be back for awhile.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
Scott Steiner suffered an injury to his trachea during TNA's house show in Puerto Rico over the weekend. He is scheduled to have surgery soon, possibly as early as today.

Steiner is scheduled to reunite with his brother, Rick Steiner, in a match against Team 3-D for the TNA Tag Team Titles at the Slammiversary PPV. That match may now need to be changed. It is not known how long he will be out but one would assume that he won't be back for awhile.

His trachea probably just quit from frustration during a typically horrible Steiner promo.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 12:50 PM)
His trachea probably just quit from frustration during a typically horrible Steiner promo.

Remember Hirojima? Or when Pearl Harbor bombed the Germans?

What does it say about the Univ. of Michigan that they gave him a degree?

And Scott Steiner hungry!

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 01:03 PM)
I remember when Steiner made the transformation from normal member of the tag-team with the mullet, to like 2 weeks later with the Big Poppa Pump look. Obviously one of the biggest juicer transformations in history

I wonder what made Steiner ever do that to himself. It's not like he was a small dude when he was wearing a Michigan jacket to the ring(I'm sure he juiced than as well, but still). He went from being in one of the greater tag teams of all time to just being a disgrace, really.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 06:14 PM)
And from PWI: In the last couple of weeks WWE has been trying something new with the referees in their house show undercard matches. In an attempt to make matches seem less scripted, WWE will no longer be informing referees of the finish of matches before hand. The matches are now to be treated like legitimate fights more than scripted performances. Now if a wrestler doesn't get his shoulder up quick enough in a near fall situation and the ref counts three, that's the finish and the wrestler who failed to do his part will take the blame for it. It is going to force heels to work harder to cheat behind the referee's back so you won't see any more awkward "referee sees the guy still cheating and turns back around" spots.

This isn't happening on TV or PPVs yet, but this is the trial period for now during house shows to see how this works.

from what i've read, so far it's worked pretty well.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
from what i've read, so far it's worked pretty well.

Last night I watched Khali blow spot after spot just waiting for other people to do things(Umaga to get in the ring, Cena to get up, etc). It was pretty bad, I dont think this referee rule is in place for his matches

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 01:14 PM)
Last night I watched Khali blow spot after spot just waiting for other people to do things(Umaga to get in the ring, Cena to get up, etc). It was pretty bad, I dont think this referee rule is in place for his matches

It's only for HOUSE shows - not on TV.

aside from Vince at the beginning, I liked RAW last night. tag match was terrific- a great ending. Main event was good - loved the monster v monster matchup at one point. Cena haters - time to get over it or stop watching Raw. I hated him for a long time and I just realized nothing was changing - also, from all reports, he's good guy and got a great attitude backstage and respect for the business. You can either complain all the time or start appreciate his good qualities. I chose the latter. He has two MOTY candidates and last night's triple-threat, while the outcome was never in doubt (is it ever on free tv?), was a good time.

Excited for the draft. Love Punk to graduate to one of the big shows and London & Kendrick to move to Raw.

I wouldn't put too much into those Mania predictions - WWE usually doesn't know what they're doing two months ahead of time, let alone 8. I expect Kennedy to be in there somewhere as well, but we'll see.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
That RR match against Umaga was pretty entertaining. I dunno if it was match of the year quality but it was pretty entertaining with a unique ending.

Yes, that one. It might not be the MOTY, but it should def be included in the discussion, and considering how bad WWE's matches have been of late, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the top 10 at the end of the year.

What else deserves to be in that discussion so far?

Harris/Storm Texas Death Match at TNA Sacrifice

Angle/Joe Ironman at TNA Final Resolution

MITB at Wrestlemania?

that's about all I can think of so far. It's too bad that TNA doesn't have more, but the way they're booking right now, I shouldn't be surprised. The Danielson/CIMA match I saw last week in PWG was up there for me, but most people won't see it. I also assume there will be a few matches from ROH's Five Year DVDs, but I haven't watched them yet. Any others so far?

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 03:11 AM)
Yes, that one. It might not be the MOTY, but it should def be included in the discussion, and considering how bad WWE's matches have been of late, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the top 10 at the end of the year.

What else deserves to be in that discussion so far?

Harris/Storm Texas Death Match at TNA Sacrifice

Angle/Joe Ironman at TNA Final Resolution

MITB at Wrestlemania?

that's about all I can think of so far. It's too bad that TNA doesn't have more, but the way they're booking right now, I shouldn't be surprised. The Danielson/CIMA match I saw last week in PWG was up there for me, but most people won't see it. I also assume there will be a few matches from ROH's Five Year DVDs, but I haven't watched them yet. Any others so far?

I think you could probably put Whitmer/Jacobs from Supercard of Honor II or Cabana/Jacobs from FYF: Chicago in there as well.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 08:41 AM)
Briscoes vs. Shelley/Sabin from "Good Times Great Memories" will be up there on a lot of people's lists once the DVD comes out in the next week or so.

cant wait to see these matches - or to catch up with my ROH dvds (someday.....)

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess if you want to call a guy who sells moves well, has great ring psychology, and is a natural arrogant heel, boring, than ok.

Orton is a throwback. Remember when you didn't have to be good on the mic to be good.

I guess all the "smarks" hate Benoit as well cuz he is boring on the mic as well.

anotherheadlockrandy.gif

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
I saw the sign that edition of Raw. Just another fan who knows nothing about wrestling psychology.

There is one thing to be said for wrestling psychology. There is something else to not stepping up one's game and not being boring as Hell. Guys like Lance Storm, Danielson, Malenko, Mysterio etc. etc. etc. are damn good technical wrestlers but can put on a show stealer when they should and pull the necessary spots out being heel or face. They can pop the crowd and keep them interested instead of having people get up to take a piss or change the channel. I don't even want to see him get a comeuppance as a heel either. He's just bland.

Orton is just on snooze control and cruising with terrible mic skills (It is difficult to be a cocky heel when you can't cut a promo to save your life or get yourself a manager to cover up that minus) He'd be another bland mid-card heel if it weren't for his last name and political connections to HHH.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw the sign that edition of Raw. Just another fan who knows nothing about wrestling psychology.

...and what exactly is that? Using the same weak looking submission move because you have to talk over the match with your opponent ever 3 minutes?

Orton sucks.