Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know if anyone else has seen the add but i saw it on TBS last night for some mixed-martial arts PPV. not really my things till i saw Brock Lesnar in the ad. He looked a bit smaller in the ad than i remember from WWE (maybe its for more speed). He did have a nice cobra tattoo on his chest however

:bang

QUOTE(juddling @ May 30, 2007 -> 10:48 PM)
i don't know if anyone else has seen the add but i saw it on TBS last night for some mixed-martial arts PPV. not really my things till i saw Brock Lesnar in the ad. He looked a bit smaller in the ad than i remember from WWE (maybe its for more speed). He did have a nice cobra tattoo on his chest however

I saw a picture of him about a week ago. Just MMA shape is all. The chest tattoo is kind of like Steiners, awfully hideous.

QUOTE(juddling @ May 30, 2007 -> 10:48 PM)

Yeah, K-1 is running a show in L.A., he's headling it. Originally it was supposed to be against the 7 foot Hong Man-Choi, but Choi couldn't pass they physical, so now it's against another Korean fighter, but the name escapes me at this moment.

Also on the card is Sakuraba "The Gracie Hunter" vs. Royce Gracie in a rematch

Ron Killings recently responded to the news story on the incident between John Cena and himself at an airport. The following is what he posted up on his MySpace blog at myspace.com/ronkillings1:

"John Cena did'nt approach me "Ron Killings" about sh$%# at the airport,,infact,,this is second run in that we've had..First one was kind of a calling his bluff type thang....even tryin to comunicate with him to see what's up with what i've been hearing,,also all the interviews he did supposely calling me out..Big Mistake,,Then he leaves voice messages on my cell talking about battleing me and about thrashing my ass,,not to mention people he's done interviews with tell me John Cena wanted us to call you so he could battle you.....Man Please!! He did what he should've done,,and that's nothing!!I wish he would try to play that battle rap sh$%# with me,,I'll just eat his ass alive,and spit and sh#$% out the pieces i dont like,,Just like I told him,, He's a Punk ass,,rap wanna be ME!

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
Ron Killings recently responded to the news story on the incident between John Cena and himself at an airport. The following is what he posted up on his MySpace blog at myspace.com/ronkillings1:

"John Cena did'nt approach me "Ron Killings" about sh$%# at the airport,,infact,,this is second run in that we've had..First one was kind of a calling his bluff type thang....even tryin to comunicate with him to see what's up with what i've been hearing,,also all the interviews he did supposely calling me out..Big Mistake,,Then he leaves voice messages on my cell talking about battleing me and about thrashing my ass,,not to mention people he's done interviews with tell me John Cena wanted us to call you so he could battle you.....Man Please!! He did what he should've done,,and that's nothing!!I wish he would try to play that battle rap sh$%# with me,,I'll just eat his ass alive,and spit and sh#$% out the pieces i dont like,,Just like I told him,, He's a Punk ass,,rap wanna be ME!

So he's admitting that there are parts of John Cena's ass that he'd want to eat, and that he wouldn't spit out?

:lolhitting :lol:

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 31, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)

I can see why he became a professional wrestler. That English teacher gig wasn't working out for him.

So I was at Toys R Us yesterday and saw a Mr. Perfect action figure, they also had a Hollywood Blondes set, Million Dollar Man and Virgil set, and an Arn Anderson figure. Luckily I left my debit card at home otherwise there would of been some serious impulse buying.

At ONS the plan was for Orton to "kill the legend" of RVD, but Vinny Mac is apparently furious that this news is out, so RVD may be put over just to stay on tv another week to "outsmart" the smart marks...

Also, the writers feel better about this Cena/Khali match since Cena can use weapons, hence Khali won't look as bad as he would working a straight match.

Rock getting divorced?

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and wife Dany Garcia Johnson announced to "People Magazine" that they are separating. The following is the statement both released to the media:

"While certain aspects of our relationship have changed, we are both vitally important to each other's lives. We will continue to advance and manage our business interests, our philanthropic efforts, and most importantly, the raising of our child together as a loving team. We've been fortunate enough to spend the last 17 years together as a couple and look forward to spending the rest of our lives together as best friends and business partners."

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
Also, the writers feel better about this Cena/Khali match since Cena can use weapons, hence Khali won't look as bad as he would working a straight match.

"Vince, GREAT NEWS!!! We think we've found a way to have Khali suck a little less.....WEAPONS!!! We REALLY think that Khali can convincingly take a bunch of chair shots!!!"

"NICE WORK, guys! Now I can feel justified in giving your boss, Stephanie, another raise!"

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:03 PM)
SMNE was one of the worst EVER!

I fell asleep during it so not sure of what was what, but I liked it being on late like the old days. Gave me the old SNME feel to it.

Rumor that Benoit will be drafted AGAIN and go to Raw to possibly go heel and put over....I mean feud with Cena.

Well, Goldust was supposed to make a full-time return but after pulling out of last night's SNME last minute and pissing off Vinny Mac, that ain't happenin'.

Word is Edge's title reign is going to be a long one.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
Word is Edge's title reign is going to be a long one.

Good. Should of happened over a year ago but WWE took any momentum he had after his NYR win away.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
new match added to ONS...ozzie guillen vs me in a hell in the cell match

i have a spoiler- im going to kick his @$$ and win the match

Apparently YOU didn't see Ozzie's MASSIVE chair shot to Simon Diamond!

Ozzie = EXXXXXXTREEEEEEEEEME!!!!!!!!

:lol:

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
Apparently YOU didn't see Ozzie's MASSIVE chair shot to Simon Diamond!

Ozzie = EXXXXXXTREEEEEEEEEME!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Ozzie's chair shot = stiffer than the Van Daminator done to Angle on ECW in one of the first shows (the one where RVD whiffed and Angle still sold)

Val Puccio was just on TLC for a show about the morbidly obese. He's gotten up to 700 lbs. now and is really trying to lose the weight.

And for ONS, supposedly RVD/Orton is going to curtain jerk the show.

And from PWI: In the last couple of weeks WWE has been trying something new with the referees in their house show undercard matches. In an attempt to make matches seem less scripted, WWE will no longer be informing referees of the finish of matches before hand. The matches are now to be treated like legitimate fights more than scripted performances. Now if a wrestler doesn't get his shoulder up quick enough in a near fall situation and the ref counts three, that's the finish and the wrestler who failed to do his part will take the blame for it. It is going to force heels to work harder to cheat behind the referee's back so you won't see any more awkward "referee sees the guy still cheating and turns back around" spots.

This isn't happening on TV or PPVs yet, but this is the trial period for now during house shows to see how this works.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 06:14 PM)
Ozzie's chair shot = stiffer than the Van Daminator done to Angle on ECW in one of the first shows (the one where RVD whiffed and Angle still sold)

Val Puccio was just on TLC for a show about the morbidly obese. He's gotten up to 700 lbs. now and is really trying to lose the weight.

And for ONS, supposedly RVD/Orton is going to curtain jerk the show.

And from PWI: In the last couple of weeks WWE has been trying something new with the referees in their house show undercard matches. In an attempt to make matches seem less scripted, WWE will no longer be informing referees of the finish of matches before hand. The matches are now to be treated like legitimate fights more than scripted performances. Now if a wrestler doesn't get his shoulder up quick enough in a near fall situation and the ref counts three, that's the finish and the wrestler who failed to do his part will take the blame for it. It is going to force heels to work harder to cheat behind the referee's back so you won't see any more awkward "referee sees the guy still cheating and turns back around" spots.

This isn't happening on TV or PPVs yet, but this is the trial period for now during house shows to see how this works.

I predict total failure for the "real referee" experiment.

The problem isn't with the refs, it's in the fact that too many of their "superstars" can't work.

And it all comes back around to Vince's "HOSS" mentality - if he'd genuinely push smaller guys, who've had to work to develop themselves into convincing wrestlers, more believable matches would follow naturally.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
I predict total failure for the "real referee" experiment.

The problem isn't with the refs, it's in the fact that too many of their "superstars" can't work.

And it all comes back around to Vince's "HOSS" mentality - if he'd genuinely push smaller guys, who've had to work to develop themselves into convincing wrestlers, more believable matches would follow naturally.

Exactly. The ref is supposed to dictate pacing and tell guys when to take it home for time constraints. However, he won't be able to do that if he doesn't know the freaking finish to the match.

I mean, I watch ROH shows and it is so much fun to watch not exactly huge guys put on very entertaining matches that are believable -- the Danielsons, the Jimmy Jacobs, M Dogg 20, the Delerii etc. It just makes the guys like Morishima seem that much more huge and holy crap is "That Girl" Takeshi Morishima a f***ing big motherf***er.

Critic, you need to the see FYF: Chicago Windy City Death Match between Colt Cabana and Jimmy Jacobs. The feud was done so well in the series of singles matches, tag matches etc. that the gimmick matches add such a big element to the feud -- that it can't end with a regular match so they need something more hardcore to do it. The way ROH books feuds is really old school style and makes it really entertaining to watch. They don't rely on hardcore but when they use it, it has a big impact because it means that it is important to the ring psychology and the psychology of the feud being promoted to the fans.

And get ready to riot Brian, Van Dam beat Orton but then got laid out by the "Legend Killer".

The Originals/Punk won the tables match against the New Breed as well.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
Rock getting divorced?

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and wife Dany Garcia Johnson announced to "People Magazine" that they are separating. The following is the statement both released to the media:

"While certain aspects of our relationship have changed, we are both vitally important to each other's lives. We will continue to advance and manage our business interests, our philanthropic efforts, and most importantly, the raising of our child together as a loving team. We've been fortunate enough to spend the last 17 years together as a couple and look forward to spending the rest of our lives together as best friends and business partners."

I wonder what celebrity he'll start dating just in time for his movie to come out (and boy, does the preview look awful).