Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
Here's what bugs me:

Is Coop and the rest of the coaching staff unable to adjust Freddy's delivery to hold runners on a little better, or is Freddy unable to make the adjustment himself?

He doesn't seem to ever change his approach with a runner on first - almost zero throws to first to hold the runner, and then it's one look over and the lonnnnnnnng leg-lift.

It's laughable to watch anyone and everyone run at will on him.

I want to know what Coop is doing, period. Why are our starters so bad this year, and getting worse? What is he doing to fix this?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that exact same statement made last year.

i believed last year. our staff was awesome. but cmon, look at out starters this year, theyve been awful. but hey, maybe they'll pitch better? :huh

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
This s*** would have happened regardless of Mackowiak. No way that 89 mph Garcia was going to keep hitting every corner imaginable with his pitches. If this is Garcia stepping up, then he sucks worse than I thought.

Freddy's been pitching around hits and doubles all day. If Mack had done his job on the shallow popup, we wouldn't be in this situation.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
I want to know what Coop is doing, period. Why are our starters so bad this year, and getting worse? What is he doing to fix this?

Coop gets way too much credit for pitcher's success, and way too much blame for their failures.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
Don't you think we need another starter. We've got 4 guys with 4+ ERAs. Do you think it's likely he'll acquire one? I sure don't... He'd have to admit a mistake on Vazquez.

That has no bearing on whether or not he prioritizes winning. We did have the best rotation going into the year.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:41 PM)
That has no bearing on whether or not he prioritizes winning. We did have the best rotation going into the year.

would u trade it for the tigers' staff...i think i might

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
Even more incredible to me is our pitchers inability to pitch over poor fielding.

Our starters have really struggled at getting the double play ball or a big strikeout in order to prevent a big inning.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
i believed last year. our staff was awesome. but cmon, look at out starters this year, theyve been awful. but hey, maybe they'll pitch better? :huh

Everybody said Contreras wouldn't amount to anything early last season.

Everybody said Jon Garland wouldn't be able to stick in the playoffs.

Everybody said MB couldn't win the big game.

Everybody said this.........everybody said that......

When the season is over we can properly assess who can and can't do what.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 06:42 PM)

This year....in a heart beat. I watch guys like Bonderman and Verlander, who are improving as the season goes on.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)

Don't forget that the Tigers staff is pitching in an awesome pitchers park.

:uhoh

JERMAINE

YOU SLY f***