White Sox Vs. Rangers

MHizzle85

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A game like this when they seem flat as can be is why I have been pining for a speedy guy who plays all the OF positions, someone who can pinch run, steal bases, draw walks, etc. They can really use a guy like that.

The only guy like that in the majors is Figgins and perhaps Freel, but both of those teams are in it so I doubt they are available. The Sox need to draft and develop players like that anyways. Possibly Owens will be that type although he's not been consistently impressive this year. Of note is they drafted a few players who might fit that mold this year, the CF from Missouri (Gerst?) comes to mind. Doesn't help us this year though.

Garland Translated Stats:

IP H ER HR BB HBP SO ERA W L SV H/9 HR/9 BB/9 SO/9

227.3 253 118 29 47 3 120 4.67 14 10 0 10.0 1.1 1.9 4.8

Dontrelle:

265.0 297 118 25 75 21 148 4.01 14 13 0 10.1 .8 2.5 5.0

Close, but Dontrelle is still better. Argument really isn't about Garland either, so I don't know why he got thrown in there. I was talking about Buehrle. But sure, let's steer clear of criticizing Buehrle and talking about trading him. He sure is the franchise right guys?

Shoot, Hawk and DJ are giving props to the fans this year, that's great to hear. This attendance turnaround has been better than I could have ever imagined.

To me it seems like the Sox hitters (specifically Pods and PK) are a step behind the scouting reports. These pitchers lately have been attacking them perfectly

One of the sure-fire signs of a slump is how many great pitches we're not capitalizing on. Meanwhile, every bad pitch our guys throw is hammered. I think we can officially say this is the low point of the season right now. Mahay really quieted our bats.

This team is flat.

What do you do when a team is flat? Either trash their bullpen and get momentum, or bench a guy, or put on endless steals/hit and runs, or make a trade.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
This team is flat.

What do you do when a team is flat? Either trash their bullpen and get momentum, or bench a guy, or put on endless steals/hit and runs, or make a trade.

How about shake up the lineup? Put Dye 3rd, Thome 4th, and Konerko 5th?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
This team is flat.

Or make the wierdest lineup possible. Have PK bat leadoff, Uribe and Anderson hitting 3 and 4, and have Thome as the number 9 hitter.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
Wasdin's best changeup, I'm sure he meant.

Yeah, that's what I picked up too. Unfortunately it seems like the Sox make a lot of mediocre to bad pitchers look like they have their best stuff of their career

How about shake up the lineup? Put Dye 3rd, Thome 4th, and Konerko 5th?

Shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point.

They need something a little more dramatic IMO.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
Yes, that's the way I interpreted it too.

All I heard was "Wasdin's changeup, best I've ever seen"....

It's nowhere close to the best, obviously, but since Hawk seems to work in a "(insert player) has the best (insert talent) I've ever seen" every game, it wouldn't have surprised me.

Edited by Flash Tizzle