Tomorrows Game

cav38

im looking at tomorrows matchup here, and, in my opinion im thinking it will be a pitchers duel. although, ever since the all star break i have had no faith in this team, i think if we beat santana (and for some illogical reason i think we will) it may be the fire that lights their asses and gets them on a much needed roll. wut could be better than beating someone as dominating as santana? any thoughts and/or scenarios for tomorrows game?

QUOTE(chisox08 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
im looking at tomorrows matchup here, and, in my opinion im thinking it will be a pitchers duel. although, ever since the all star break i have had no faith in this team, i think if we beat santana (and for some illogical reason i think we will) it may be the fire that lights their asses and gets them on a much needed roll. wut could be better than beating someone as dominating as santana? any thoughts and/or scenarios for tomorrows game?

id feel better about our chances if alfonso soriano was playing left instead of podsednik

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 03:38 AM)
Anytime we play the game I think this team has a chance to win. Of course I usually deem things a loss anytime we go up agaisnt Johan, but you never know.

It's amazing, but he's the only pitcher who I feel we have no chance against whenever we face him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 05:00 AM)
It's amazing, but he's the only pitcher who I feel we have no chance against whenever we face him.

I agree with you, if he is throwing that nasty change, which he usually is....then its gonna be really rough for our struggling O right now

QUOTE(chisox08 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)

haahahah. Yesterdays game was IMPORTANT, because Santana is going tonite. We really needed Vazquez to bear down and mow the Twins down and shut them out. big problem when were needing that from Vazquez, but alas thats the position the SOX put themselves in. Santana will shut us down, Contreras will do an admirable job, but the "offense" will let him down and he'll get a ND or a Loss.

by Thursday, the SOX will be looking up at a 9.5 game deficit in the division, and at the Yankees in the WC lead. I wonder WHEN ozz will realize that sticking with Vazquez and Buehrle late into games is COSTING the sox the season.