Minnesota Twins Post Mortem Playoff Thread

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brantley is far from a doctor, but being an ex pitcher, I would expect him to know something about arm injuries. He said he did some research and thinks this elbow thing could be bad and Liriano could miss up to a year and a half.

I really hope that is not the case. But Tommy Jon surgery means at least one year and it looks like Liriano is at least headed for that. Very unfortunate.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
Anyone know what's happening with Radke? I know he's got the bumb shoulder but are they just resting him hoping to get one or two starts at the end of the season?

Sep 12 Updating a previous item, The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports Minnesota Twins SP Brad Radke (shoulder) played catch on Sept. 12 for the first time since he was diagnosed with a stress fracture in his right shoulder socket. Radke made firm tosses to pitching coach Rick Anderson, stretching back to 110 feet. Radke said he'll play catch again the next two days "and maybe move over to a mound toward the end of the week."

from KFFL, via Yahoo news and notes

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
thanks. I didnt want to post anything for fear of 'rubbing it in'

I gotta be honest. I didnt think the Twins would be in the playoffs around the all star break. I mean they went on that long win streak and gained just about nothing and I was just hoping for a decent 3rd place finish

s***, rub it in if you want. I never gave the Twins a chance this year. If Liriano was healthy, it would be a wrap.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
s***, rub it in if you want. I never gave the Twins a chance this year. If Liriano was healthy, it would be a wrap.

If Liriano was healthy, the Twins would have won 105 games.

That rotation could seriously be something else in the next couple years. Without Liriano, they're looking at Santana-Bonser-Garza-Baker-whoever. With him, omfg :o

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
thanks. I didnt want to post anything for fear of 'rubbing it in'

I gotta be honest. I didnt think the Twins would be in the playoffs around the all star break. I mean they went on that long win streak and gained just about nothing and I was just hoping for a decent 3rd place finish

No one on this board gave the Twins any credit at any point before they started winning. I was actually surprised of the people saying they had no chance even though you guys have some solid players.

Anyway, you guys deserve to be there. Good manager and you play hard. Congrats, and once again we have a good rivalry to look forward to.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 05:38 PM)
Congrats, and once again we have a good rivalry to look forward to.

:cheers

and if the Tigers are good again next year.. very nice and tough division! :lol:

Sounds like a playoff rotation is almost set

Santana going game 1, then BOOF game 2, and depends how Radke's shoulder does tomorrow (he's starting against the Royals) he gets game 3

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
:cheers

and if the Tigers are good again next year.. very nice and tough division! :lol:

Sounds like a playoff rotation is almost set

Santana going game 1, then BOOF game 2, and depends how Radke's shoulder does tomorrow (he's starting against the Royals) he gets game 3

If Radke can't go, are we looking forward to Garza? Cuz it'd probably be pretty dumb to start Silva

Bonser's pitched very well of late, except against the Sox, it seems as though Radke's always been a big game pitcher, and seeing as how he's going to retire after this year, he'll pitch until his arm falls off. You then throw Baker/Garza into the mix if they can, along with one of the best bullpens and the best hitting team in the league(for average), and I think they have a legit chance.