Sox @ KC - 8/1 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
Are you marrying a twelve year old?!

How big's the gap in your age and your girlfriend's, tiger? (I just think it's so odd that you'll know something about Hulkamania while she has to watch....VH1...)

She's the same age as me....she just wasn't a wrestling fan. To her credit, she had heard of Hulk Hogan though. She just didn't understand the legend of Hulkamania.

A win against the Royals isn't a win against the Tigers, Yankees, or Mud Hens, but it would be something...something for Mark to build of off.

Yes, agree Hulkster. He needs the confidence right now.

Hulkster, that's the right nickname, right fathom??? :D

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
She's the same age as me....she just wasn't a wrestling fan. To her credit, she had heard of Hulk Hogan though. She just didn't understand the legend of Hulkamania.

Well, still, I'm stunned that she never got to experience any of him on television or anything like that. I was always under the impression that Hogan's bodyslam of Andre was a cultural thing that everyone has witnessed, at least in replay.

I hate Hulk Hogan, though, but, hey, to wrestling before it sucked! :cheers

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)
Ozuna is really scuffling, he is not getting the job done at the plate at all.

He needs to be working the count better than he has, especially if he's in the leadoff spot. This pitcher has had control problems when I've seen him in the past.

I was always under the impression that Hogan's bodyslam of Andre was a cultural thing that everyone has witnessed, at least in replay.

Gregory,

Yes I agree. Kind of like seeing "Animal House". And you've seen that movie, yes?

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:24 AM)
Gregory,

Yes I agree. Kind of like seeing "Animal House". And you've seen that movie, yes?

For a guy, I couldn't agree more about knowing the Hogan/Andre situation. For a girl, I was just happy that my fiance knew of Frank Thomas when we started dating.

You can call him Mr. America or Thunderlips, too, if you'd like.

Ummm ... "no thanks Hollywood, I'm not into that."