Official Game Thread 8/5 - Sox vs Jays

QUOTE(soxunited @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
he's a career .252 hitter, who has gone .077 in his past seven games, he shouldn't be doing well against white sox pitching

Zaun Lifetime vs Sox:

.367 BA, .457 OBP, .578 SLG, 1.035 OPS

with 5 HRs and 18 RBI in 109 ABs.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With 70-75 pitches, it wouldn't hurt to have him pitch a while. We've got a LONG stretch where we're gonna need the pen. If we can get 100 pitches out of Javy, or even more, we do it.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
It's getting to me Heads, this Brisket.

It's a GOOD LOOKING sandwich.

I know it has been said, but Chris Singleton is brutal as a play by play guy. Even worse when Farmer leaves him hanging. Singleton needs to learn to add something between pitches instead of repeating the count and things like that.

If Farmer would talk while Chris is on pbp, it may be somewhat listenable.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
At the most, let him give up one hit in the 6th, then pull him.

Ozzie will not send a new pitcher out there to start the 6th.

And, interestingly, despite the last few 6th innings, I don't think he should. Especially with a 5 run lead. If he gives up a baserunner or two, pull him. But if nothing else, every out we get out of him saves the bullpen a little more.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
I know it has been said, but Chris Singleton is brutal as a play by play guy. Even worse when Farmer leaves him hanging. Singleton needs to learn to add something between pitches instead of repeating the count and things like that.

If Farmer would talk while Chris is on pbp, it may be somewhat listenable.

Yeah, I was in the shower, listening to him during the bottom of the 5th... brutal.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
And, interestingly, despite the last few 6th innings, I don't think he should. Especially with a 5 run lead. If he gives up a baserunner or two, pull him. But if nothing else, every out we get out of him saves the bullpen a little more.

That's why I said we should pull him with the first runner he allows. And I don't care about his fragile little ego.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
Zaun Lifetime vs Sox:

.367 BA, .457 OBP, .578 SLG, 1.035 OPS

with 5 HRs and 18 RBI in 109 ABs.

He struggled mightily in the month of July, that is why I found it interesting that he was being so careful with him. Whatever, its a mute point now

Edited by soxunited