Game Thread 8/8/06 Sox-Yanks

Jake

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:32 AM)
"If you're goin' against Freddy, you know to look for a mistake, and he's gonna give it to you" - DJ, summing up Garcia's season.

DJ has been ripping on Garcia's approach since about the 2nd inning of his first start.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
It is such a shame we are wasting all these career offensive years from the likes of Dye, Crede, and even Thome.

Yeah Crede's having a great year compared to other years. AJ's also having a great year average wise.

as negative as I've been, I try to remember that Sox are still tied for WC, and even though I don't cheer for injuries, Liriano may go on the DL. So if the SPs can get heads out of asses some, they're still in an OK position

(but yes, I will still b**** when they struggle, because I'll have knee jerk reactions)

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
This is pretty much the par for Thome.

Must I refer to the comeback player of the year award he's up for? Regardless, why are you saying this at all? Our pitching is ruining their good years, enough said.

For Thome, why I said "even Thome" things like insuries and age are a factor on me saying career year for him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
DJ has been ripping on Garcia's approach since about the 2nd inning of his first start.

I remember in ST when the Hawkeroo was spinning Freddy Maddux on how he has the new fangalled way of throwing. They actually pitched it as this will keep him fresh later in the season. I still think he needs an MRI.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
as negative as I've been, I try to remember that Sox are still tied for WC, and even though I don't cheer for injuries, Liriano may go on the DL. So if the SPs can get heads out of asses some, they're still in an OK position

(but yes, I will still b**** when they struggle, because I'll have knee jerk reactions)

99.999% chance ;)

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
JD should get a few MVP votes. We all know who'll get the majority.

Seriously though, Ortiz has it won already. Hell, he could get injured and miss the next 2 months, and he'd still get the votes. I'd vote for him.