Tad Iguchi

mrzo2733

I was wondering if anyone was very familiar with his situation contract-wise. I believe we only signed him for 2 years, so... he will be a free-agent. Has there been any talk from his agent or anything like that about what he plans to do? I think Iguchi is a very under-rated part of what the Sox do. He does everything well. I don't think we have another player who can do anywhere near the job he does batting second. He has become my favorite player on the Sox (now that ARow's gone), and I don't even want to think about him leaving.

We've got a team option on him for next season that will definitely be picked up.

It's a typical Rick Hahn type of deal, Jermaine Dye got one as well. 2 years and then a team option, with the salaries escalating thru the deal.

And yeah there's no doubt his impact on the Sox is quite underrated I would have thought. Really been one of KW's best ever signings without a doubt.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:01 AM)
We've got a team option on him for next season that will definitely be picked up.

It's a typical Rick Hahn type of deal, Jermaine Dye got one as well. 2 years and then a team option, with the salaries escalating thru the deal.

And yeah there's no doubt his impact on the Sox is quite underrated I would have thought. Really been one of KW's best ever signings without a doubt.

Good to hear. Thanks for the info.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
His speed was overrated coming in last year, and everything else about him was WAY underrated. He's a great player to have on your team, amazing that we were the only ones after him (and signed him after only seeing a freaking tape of the guy).

I think two other teams were after him, one being the Red Sox.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
I think two other teams were after him, one being the Red Sox.

he originally wanted a deal the size of kaz matsui (something like 21-24 million for 3 years) but unfortunately for him, and fortunately for us, matsui drove down the value of japanese middle infielders!

had the interest not dwindled and he been able to sign for that amount, he would have been on the Bosox or Dodgers.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
What about that second basemen from Cuba? He's supposed to be incredible, possibly better than Gooch. Only question is, is he MLB ready?

I love Gooch though, but this is a business, and I am ALWAYS willing to upgrade, anywhere, if possible.

He will be better than Gooch IMO. That kid is a stud.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)
What about that second basemen from Cuba? He's supposed to be incredible, possibly better than Gooch. Only question is, is he MLB ready?

I love Gooch though, but this is a business, and I am ALWAYS willing to upgrade, anywhere, if possible.

He's going to make too much money for the Sox to be even remotely interested. They've already got something like 90+ million tied up in 15 players or so for next year.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:38 AM)
He's going to make too much money for the Sox to be even remotely interested. They've already got something like 90+ million tied up in 15 players or so for next year.

So there is basically no chance then? Even if we unload Freddy?

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)

Once the Sox deal Garcia, that will be $9M from this year off the books right there but at the same time you then have to go out and find a new leftfielder/leadoffman, hopefully a 4th OF and probably 2 bullpen arms, s*** adds up.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)

In my opinion, nope. The Angels are reportedly interested, and I could both New York teams getting in a bidding war for him.

And all of this is uncertain anyway, since he didn't defect, and doesn't plan to, according to this.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
Once the Sox deal Garcia, that will be $9M from this year off the books right there but at the same time you then have to go out and find a new leftfielder/leadoffman, hopefully a 4th OF and probably 2 bullpen arms, s*** adds up.

Hopefully the Garcia/Podsednik deal(s) can fill some of those holes.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)

There's a lot of talk that we have to unload a big contract like Freddy's in order to bring back the rest of our main guys next year. The most important thing this offseason is to re-sign Crede to a long-term deal.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 09:46 AM)
There's a lot of talk that we have to unload a big contract like Freddy's in order to bring back the rest of our main guys next year. The most important thing this offseason is to re-sign Crede to a long-term deal.

Talk amongst whom, if you don't mind my asking?

And has this season's massive attendance increase already been spent/factored in?

Thad can sure play baseball. I hope the Sox pick up the option and keep a White Sox for along time. Crede has to be resigned, and I would hate to see Freddy go. If we trade Freddy, I hope KW makes sure we don't get another guy like Vazquez.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
Talk amongst whom, if you don't mind my asking?

And has this season's massive attendance increase already been spent/factored in?

In the paper about what our payroll is going to be with our core guys being brought back. If you factor in Crede re-signing for about 8 mil a year, we're going to be near 100 million after 14 guys. Unless we're planning on unloading more salary, it's going to be hard to make any huge upgrades.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)

Without question yes. The reason this payroll is so high is because the FO knew attendance would be somewhere in the 2.6 to 2.9 million range, plus merchandising from winning it all and from bandwagoners and etc. That's why I don't care who the hell shows up at The Cell, as long as it's full and loud I'm happy, because it means more payroll.