Sell out streak!

southsider2k5

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
18 straight sellouts, 38 total on the season. Here is where it gets interesting though as there are tickets for all four of the up coming games at home against KC... Do your think Sox fans, put your money where your mouths are. You say you go when we win, well we just swept the best team in baseball...

I am not picking on you but this is funny. Most guys on this site want tickets for free. (not you) its kind of funny seeing put your money where your mouth is when 75% of this board need to ask Daddy for money to go to the game.

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
I am not picking on you but this is funny. Most guys on this site want tickets for free. (not you) its kind of funny seeing put your money where your mouth is when 75% of this board need to ask Daddy for money to go to the game.

For your information, I get my mom to ask for the money from my dad for me. So, your logic is flawed.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
For your information, I get my mom to ask for the money from my dad for me. So, your logic is flawed.

And I have to ask my wife. He obviously has no clue what he's talking about.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:38 AM)
Anyone know what constitutes a sellout? I thought I read somewhere it wasn't capacity. I thought it was like 90% of tickets sold or something?

All seats being spoken for is a sellout. Even if a big chunk of them are comps, it is still considered an official sell out. Comps don't count towards official attendance (as it is tickets SOLD) so that is why capacity varies so much.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
FYI, just checked ticketmaster for the remaining KC games. For 2 seats together...

Tuesday: none available

Wednesday: none available

Thursday: Best is 542, Row 13

So I'd say Tue and Wed are sellouts, and Thursday has a shot.

Thursday is really moving now. Keep your fingers crossed.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
All seats being spoken for is a sellout. Even if a big chunk of them are comps, it is still considered an official sell out. Comps don't count towards official attendance (as it is tickets SOLD) so that is why capacity varies so much.

So say the Sox have like 50 seats scattered around that are available. Would they just deem them comps to get a sellout? How does that work? I would imagine there are always at least some singles scattered around the park. Do they sox buy them up to make it a sellout or are they allowed a certain % of empty seats?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
FYI, just checked ticketmaster for the remaining KC games. For 2 seats together...

Tuesday: none available

Wednesday: none available

Thursday: Best is 542, Row 13

So I'd say Tue and Wed are sellouts, and Thursday has a shot.

If you check tonight for one ticket, there are still a lot of good seats available. I found one in row 2 of section 538 as well as one in row 18 of section 102. My guess is Wednesday and definitely Thursday are the same. If you are thinking of going and trying to help the WS reach 3MM this season, you and your friends may be better served buying individual tickets in the same general area and see if you can swap with your neighbors at the game. Better yet just watch the game and hang out in the concourses if you want to talk. I may even go solo since I have been enjoying the play so much lately.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)
So say the Sox have like 50 seats scattered around that are available. Would they just deem them comps to get a sellout? How does that work? I would imagine there are always at least some singles scattered around the park. Do they sox buy them up to make it a sellout or are they allowed a certain % of empty seats?

To be honest I am not sure how they exact definition works. I suppose there isn't anything to stop Jerry from deeming them comps and giving them to staff or something like that, but when it gets into specifics, i am not sure what the answer is.

QUOTE(Beltin @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
So was last night classified as a sellout? I saw in the box score the attendance was 35,690. That sounds far from a sellout but I thought Hawk said it was. He also said tonight was sold out. I am confused.

There were some significant portions of the upper deck last night that were empty. Not like in years past, but the farthest-out sections had some definite vacancies. I would be surprised if last night was considered a sellout, but who knows?