White Sox @ Tigers, 7:05pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
I hate you Scott Podsednik. Leyland just shoved it up Ozzie's ass.

In all fairness, Brian was screwed from the second Oz called him to pinch hit. Should have left Pods in and try to bunt with two strikes.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)
In all fairness, Brian was screwed from the second Oz called him to pinch hit. Should have left Pods in and try to bunt with two strikes.

I'm not blaming Anderson at all. That was one of those situations where our manager didn't put a player in the best chance to succeed (Fathom's #1 rule of managing).

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)

I would have made him bunt with 2 strikes. Then I would have used Anderson as a defensive sub.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)
It's too bad we had to waste MacDougal last night.

Thought the same thing. Riske and/or Cotts could have sucked up those innings last night as that game was long over.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
I'm not blaming Anderson at all. That was one of those situations where our manager didn't put a player in the best chance to succeed (Fathom's #1 rule of managing).

Ozzie wouldn't have been put in a difficult situation if one of his starters simply gets the ball down like Ozzie has been crying for all year long. Even extra bunting hasn't helped. It's on the players shoulders for not completing the easy task.

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:47 AM)
Ozzie wouldn't have been put in a difficult situation if one of his starters simply gets the ball down like Ozzie has been crying for all year long. Even extra bunting hasn't helped. It's on te players shoulders for not completing the easy task.

I heard Sean Casey on the pregame show say this tonight "everyone in the clubhouse knows that if you're not doing the job, Leyland will replace you with someone that can in a heartbeat". I miss the days when we thought the same about Ozzie.