White Sox @ Tigers, 7:05pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Watch the bunt with Inge here. And like clockwork, another 5 ER performance by our starters. Our starting pitching is one of the most underachieving collection of high-priced talent I can remember in a long time.

not even close check yankees staff

aside from moose and wang, they got pavano, wright, and big unit and thats a whole lot of expensive crap right there

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
does anyone know the extent of thome's injury

I don't mind him getting a couple days off at all since I think he needs it, but I hope nothing serious

I said this earlier, but if he's back within 10 days, I'll be thrilled.

Would Mack leading off and playing LF with Brian playing CF work for anyone here? Pods isn't even being patient anymore and Mac is a decent baserunner. At this point with Thome gone for prolly a week with the hammy pull, Ozzie's gotta do something to generate some offense.

f***ing Ozzie.

On the radio they were talking how Guillen was "waiting" for Casey so he could bring in Thornton. Why not bring in Matt to turn Carlos Guillen around?

Freddy's line gets worse, and Thornton may have lost some confidence after giving up those two runs,

Thank you Crede.

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)

aside from moose and wang, they got pavano, wright, and big unit and thats a whole lot of expensive crap right there

Yes, but Pavano has been hurt all year, and J. Wright would have the 3rd best ERA out of our starters.

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)

The funny thing is the Sox almost signed Wright, explored a trade for the Big Unit, and had some interest in Pavano until his price skyrocketed.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:31 AM)
Would Mack leading off and playing LF with Brian playing CF work for anyone here? Pods isn't even being patient anymore and Mac is a decent baserunner. At this point with Thome gone for prolly a week with the hammy pull, Ozzie's gotta do something to generate some offense.

You won't find anyone on here who will disagree with you....and that includes the biggest of Pods supporters, in my opinion.

QUOTE(Drew @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
If we put Thor in two batters earlier, we may be done and batting by now.

Apparently Ozzie wasn't taking notes when Leyland gave Miner the hook in the second.

He hopes against any. He will NEVER learn. He reminds me of Mike Ditka leaving over-the-hill players on the team simply because they helped him win the Super Bowl. These hispanic people have this "thing" with loyalty, regardless of how f***ed up it may be.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
I said this earlier, but if he's back within 10 days, I'll be thrilled.

well I wasn't around earlier in the thread so thanks, but even 10 days I don't feel devastated

a. I think our offense takes a better approach when Thome isn't in the game

b. I didn't feel that Thome was healthy enough to play in the first place