Ozzie's out of control...

FlaCWS

The media make me sick. They just try to bait ozzie just to say something controversial. I like that Ozzie says what's on his mind, and doesn't hold back. There is nothing wrong with that. I understand that the world we live in now is all about political correctness, but that doesn't mean it's right. I have no problem at all with what Ozzie says, it's his opinion and he is entitled to it. If people don't like it, oh well.

QUOTE(dagotony06 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
The media make me sick. They just try to bait ozzie just to say something controversial. I like that Ozzie says what's on his mind, and doesn't hold back. There is nothing wrong with that. I understand that the world we live in now is all about political correctness, but that doesn't mean it's right. I have no problem at all with what Ozzie says, it's his opinion and he is entitled to it. If people don't like it, oh well.

When he is speaking as the Manager of the White Sox and also represents the MLB, he has to live by the rules that they have in place. Also, there is probably some language in his contract about conduct detrimental to the team, etc. All of which could, and IMHO, will, get him in a jam his sense of humor and success will not get him out of.

Take everything from Doyel with a grain of salt. He's mainly a college basketball writer, not sure why he's getting into this.

Got my own answer from his bio.

"Which means that, when Doyel is on his keyboard, nothing and nobody is safe. Read him regularly -- but why? -- and he's eventually going to piss you off. Doyel pissed off Charlotte Observer readers (and management) for six years before jumping to CBS SportsLine in 2003 to write about college basketball. After burning bridges for three years, Doyel was pulled off that beat. Now he's writing about whatever he wants, assuming Freeman doesn't want to write about it first."

Yipee, now nothing is safe from his writings.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
Considering Doyel knew nothing about College Basketball, yet it was considered his specialty, I'm going to go ahead and guess that this article is horrible and uniformed.

Light and entertaining, not much baseball, more ozzie and his PR skills

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
Well.. I've given it some thought.. and being an Italian myself.. I find it ignorant, highly offensive, and attacking to my heritage personally. Please put in a request to change. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,

Steff

I'm Italian also, 100%. That's my nickname that everyone calls me, and I don't find it offensive, so I don't see why you should. Sorry you feel the way you do, but in all honesty it's my name and I don't have a problem with it at all.

This was obviously a Mariotti column (DON'T START WITH ME PEOPLE, I'M JUST POINTING IT OUT!) this week as well.

Here's what I don't get: Ozzie talks up Gardenhire's style of management endlessly, and Gardenhire and his team are famous, as Hawk talked about last week, for just playing the damn game and not arguing with umps all the time.

They don't argue balls and strikes, they don't get into big altercations over bad calls in the field, they just do their business.

I love Ozzie and I'm glad he came here, but I would like him to shut up and manage. I appreciate his humor and outspokeness, but that's best served up in bite-size pieces and not full-blown tirades like this crap about the umpire. I'm not sure what that accomplishes accept making us look like crybabies.

If ever there was a time for the World Champions to STFU and let their playing do the talking, now would be a good one. And that includes Ozzie. I agree that his mouth could get him fired one of these days; do we really want to risk losing him because of his... mouth?

That seems like such an absurd reason. Muzzle him.

I'm going to close this thread. During this whole time, the mods have already been handling the situation. In the future, instead of making posts like this out in the public eye, please send us a PM if you have a problem with something you see.

Thats the best way about getting things done because that doesn't take a thread down an entirely different direction.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
Thanks Tony.. :cheers

Hey to everyone on here that was offended by my name I apologize. That was not my intent at all. I just joined this site today, and don't want to start off on the wrong foot with anybody. Like I said whoever I offended, again I apologize. Now I know what OZZIE feels like!!

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
Here's what I don't get: Ozzie talks up Gardenhire's style of management endlessly, and Gardenhire and his team are famous, as Hawk talked about last week, for just playing the damn game and not arguing with umps all the time.

They don't argue balls and strikes, they don't get into big altercations over bad calls in the field, they just do their business.

And yet, Gardenhire was booted last night for...you guessed it...arguing balls and strikes.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
Hey to everyone on here that was offended by my name I apologize. That was not my intent at all. I just joined this site today, and don't want to start off on the wrong foot with anybody. Like I said whoever I offended, again I apologize. Now I know what OZZIE feels like!!

ANytime we can get a thread closed, even for a few minutes, means almost everyone knows you are here. :lolhitting Nice entrance.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
ANytime we can get a thread closed, even for a few minutes, means almost everyone knows you are here. :lolhitting Nice entrance.

Well if the SOX turn it around today and go on a run , maybe people will look at me as a lucky charm. Who knows?

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
Take everything from Doyel with a grain of salt. He's mainly a college basketball writer, not sure why he's getting into this.

Got my own answer from his bio.

"Which means that, when Doyel is on his keyboard, nothing and nobody is safe. Read him regularly -- but why? -- and he's eventually going to piss you off. Doyel pissed off Charlotte Observer readers (and management) for six years before jumping to CBS SportsLine in 2003 to write about college basketball. After burning bridges for three years, Doyel was pulled off that beat. Now he's writing about whatever he wants, assuming Freeman doesn't want to write about it first."

Yipee, now nothing is safe from his writings.

An awful college basketball writer at that. Was terrible on Tobacco road. His job was basically to stir stuff up. Piss people off. For some it worked, but it's fairly easy to just laugh at him.