And that's a white sox loser

Balta1701

thats 2 wins we let slip away! The Twins are playing smarter, better ball! They are the better team right now. What a shame, you have Detroit slumping at the same time we are losing. All i wanted was JD to be up there for one more AB. Damn you gooch. The season is starting to get away from us fast.

The way i see it:

Twins>White Sox>Tigers

hopefully Boston continues to struggle and we can pass Detroit for the Wild card. Yes the Twins will win the division

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
put blame where it is deserved......contreras lost this one for us, not iguchi.....when you are "the ace" you cant go only 2.something innings against santana

Garland became the Ace a long, long time ago. Contreras has sucked for an extended period of time now.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:14 AM)
put blame where it is deserved......contreras lost this one for us, not iguchi.....when you are "the ace" you cant go only 2.something innings against santana

Contreras isn't the ace of this team, and he hasn't been the ace for 2 months now.

QUOTE(bulokis @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:14 AM)
Season over, this Sox choker is for real this time.

All I can say to that is maybe it is maybe it isn't....I am still gonna stick with my team and hope we squeak in.....

The weird thing is, is that we jsut have not hit a stride all year long, some players have it some nights some don't.....we are not playing team baseball like we did last year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
This is the worst loss for the White Sox since the game in 2003 that Loaiza started against the Twins when he had a cold.

I know I don't make a lot of posts, but man I can't take this crap anymore. We have blown two GOLDEN opportunities on the two biggest nights of the year...AT HOME. I hate to say it, but I just don't think we've got enough.

Overall, we're at best the 5th best team in the AL in my opinion. Probably should be the 1st.

Even in a loss I try to look for a positive and the positive is the White Sox came back and never gave up. It doesn't make anyone feel better, as a matter of fact it feels like we just got eliminated in the playoffs and there is no tomorrow. But if the White Sox play with the intensity they played with tonight, they're going to win tomorrow.

Did not capitalize on two Detroit losses, and this pretty much wraps the season as the twins KNOW how to play against the Sox. Get on first, steal second, cheap hit, score. Pierzinski must feel pretty helpless having a pitching staff that has no clue on how to hold runners on, and it reflects on him as much as the pitchers. If the Sox are not 3 games ahead going into that final series......it's over. I think it's over now, honestly, but I can't get myself to stop watching. I'll just have to stock up on Pepto-bismol for the rest of September.

come out and win tomorrow, and we are .5 back heading to KC and TB, while the twins have KC and NYY....hopefully without radke and liriano, we can hang in this thing, but a win tomorrow is absolutely and utterly crucial

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
All I can say to that is maybe it is maybe it isn't....I am still gonna stick with my team and hope we squeak in.....

The weird thing is, is that we jsut have not hit a stride all year long, some players have it some nights some don't.....we are not playing team baseball like we did last year.

Well there won't be any stride, that I know. I also have a very good feeling that the Twins are about to win this division and if the Sox ever figured it out they could over take the Tigers too, but there's no reason to expect that the final month will be better than the previous 5 so it probably won't happen.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
JD is the only guy on the team with that look in his eye like he honestly wants it, or is hungry as Hawk likes to say.

I actually feel for the guy. He bails us out time and time again and it's not enough.

We will win few, if any ballgames if the pitching gives up 8 runs.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
I think we see the AL Central champs in this series. Congrats to the Twins as they TRULY want it more than our team does.

I'm not going to agree with that, I think this team wants it just as bad, well most of the players on the team want it just as bad as the Twins. And I do have to agree that the Central champs could come from this series and it's looking more and more like Minnesota, but there is still a month to play and a lot can happen in a month. Does anyone know what happened to Radke last night and if he's going to be out for a start or not?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
This is the worst loss for the White Sox since the game in 2003 that Loaiza started against the Twins when he had a cold.

Were is the cheerleader to tell us that everything is alright. Oh he is just about to get on the radio to give us diatribes about confidence.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:16 AM)
Please come back then...see ya.

HAHHAHA

seriously though, whats the point with being negative to the point that you give up the season with baseball still to play....This is the most random sport when it comes to division and wild card races.....I believe negatively critisizing a certain aspect of a game, but dont throw in the towel

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
Even in a loss I try to look for a positive and the positive is the White Sox came back and never gave up. It doesn't make anyone feel better, as a matter of fact it feels like we just got eliminated in the playoffs and there is no tomorrow. But if the White Sox play with the intensity they played with tonight, they're going to win tomorrow.

When you talk about playing with intensity, 2 plays immediately come to my mind.

1. Luis Castillo's ground ball to Iguchi off of Jenks in the 9th. Iguchi charges, but not hard/fast enough, and Castillo is close enough to be called safe.

2. Scott Podsednik grounds to Castillo in the bottom of the 9th. Castillo dives, gets the ball, and throws Podsednik out by 3 steps.

I looked at those 2 plays and thought that hands down, 1 team wanted this game more than the other. BMac, JD, yeah there were a couple of guys with some intensity. But I didn't see it in the rest of them.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
Did not capitalize on two Detroit losses, and this pretty much wraps the season as the twins KNOW how to play against the Sox. Get on first, steal second, cheap hit, score. Pierzinski must feel pretty helpless having a pitching staff that has no clue on how to hold runners on, and it reflects on him as much as the pitchers. If the Sox are not 3 games ahead going into that final series......it's over. I think it's over now, honestly, but I can't get myself to stop watching. I'll just have to stock up on Pepto-bismol for the rest of September.

Get on first, steal second, cheap hit, score. It just seems so easy with them and yet we have tons of problems scoring with out the long ball.