Post-game curse-a-thon

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Steff Brian Dolgin was a homer, but this guy takes the cake.

Dolgin at least wasn't afraid to say when s*** stunk rather than spraying it with Fabreeze.

I have listened to CR once for maybe 3 minutes. He was making excuses for Brian's struggles at the plate early in the year and said that Aaron was worse. Now I know Aaron was not Ted Williams at the plate.. but he was not worse than Brian was the first month of the season. I knew right then he was going to be replacing knee pads every other night....

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 04:01 AM)
i myself am tired of getting upset and actually caring what happens. they've lost me for now. i'll still watch some games but in someone's famous words "im sick and tired of being sick and tired"

This season is getting very frustrating. I would LOVE the chance to make the playoffs again, as it would keep up the momentum the organization has. However, if we don't make the playoffs, it will be a billion times easier to accept than if we didn't make it last year.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
Now according to PFB, the sox team is just a playoff team. They play crappy in the regular season, and just switch flip they will become world beaters.

Someone call and ask him to pass the pipe.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 04:02 AM)
I have listened to CR once for maybe 3 minutes. He was making excuses for Brian's struggles at the plate early in the year and said that Aaron was worse. Now I know Aaron was not Ted Williams at the plate.. but he was not worse than Brian was the first month of the season. I knew right then he was going to be replacing knee pads every other night....

I only hear him about once every two weeks, but every single potentially negative question is turned into a "matter of confidence for the player, and that's the only way he's going to overcome it and produce the rest of the season". When Ozzie plays Mackowiak in Game 160 vs the Twins, I wonder if he'll still say the same reason.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 04:04 AM)
I havent made it past the screener on 2 ocassions.

LOL

Greg Walker and PFB have restraining orders against you.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
I only hear him about once every two weeks, but every single potentially negative question is turned into a "matter of confidence for the player, and that's the only way he's going to overcome it and produce the rest of the season". When Ozzie plays Mackowiak in Game 160 vs the Twins, I wonder if he'll still say the same reason.

I honestly don't know how you guys can listen. Well.. I know 71 does it to try to get on and make him look like an ass. :lolhitting

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)

Its not Greg on his own. Its a a hiting philosophy we have had since 2000. We have fired guys, and have hired their apprentices in the minors who preach the same thing and then are shocked that nothing has changed.

For years the same exact hole in every hitter that has come through our organization is still there. When they fire coaches, they should go outside of the organization. Hiring Walker was just putting a different physical mug on the same batting coach they just fired.

QUOTE(shoota @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)
The last time I was banned was months ago. Probably sometime in March or April when I registered here.

Who are you at WSI?

banned 3x and counting!

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
I honestly don't know how you guys can listen. Well.. I know 71 does it to try to get on and make him look like an ass. :lolhitting

Steff I listen now just to hear the callers call in. The season ticket holders especially the older ones that call in are the best. They tear into PFB right away.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
If I'm not mistaken, the Sox have the second highest paid rotation in MLB and aside frpm Contreras' stint on the DL earlier this year, no one has mussed a start. Nice return on investment, Kenny.

The investment was in place last year. The return was well worth the expense.