Post-game curse-a-thon

Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
Greg....HE KEEPS MAKING THE SAME FREAKING COACHING MISTAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playing Pods is pointless, and Mackowiak over Anderson in CF at least twice a week is one of the most puzzling managerial decisions I've ever seen.

agreed right now I have infinitely more confidence in anderson than mackowiak or pods right now

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 03:18 AM)
This is not meant as a flame of our beloved team, which still could easily

make the playoffs:

Are the Royals as good as we are?

Right now, their offense has a better approach than ours and is more versatile. The bottom of their order sucks though...just like the #8 and #1 hitter of the Sox. Their pitching is brutal though.

Walker doesnt preach grinder ball. 200 home runs for the last 7 years. He and our organization have preached lift and pull. We fired previous hitting instructors, and then promoted from within where we preach the same mentality. It pretty much explains why every single hitter comes up with the same exact swing, and same exact hole low and away.

Watch how every team pitches us. What how the catcher sets up. Its pretty much low and away all the time. This is the same exact offensive slump we see every single year.

I understand, but the difference was in 2005, we did not rely on the home run. Getting Thome was supposed to add power to the lineup, but still keep the speed. This team was supposed to be the 2000-04 hitting, plus the 2005 pitching. To me, it's just been a better version of the 2000-04 teams. If we had this kind of pitching last year, to go w/ the offense we had last year, we'd be prolly 20 games worse than we are.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
For a manager who preaches pitching and defense. Why in the name of god does Cintron and Mack start a game. Especially together.
He doesn't even talk about defense anymore. I don't think he considers it important anymore.

Greg....HE KEEPS MAKING THE SAME FREAKING COACHING MISTAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like what, Fathom? Crede pops up to end the game. If he hits a liner in the rc gap,

we win the game.

Like leaving Jose in too long?

Jose is a starter on a big league team. He has to go more than 4 innings and

errors contributed to Jose's s***tiness too.

Playing Pods?

Pods is the best we got in that option.

Oz is playing the personnel KW gives him.

You guys act like he's playing Pods over A-Rod or Soriano.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
I understand, but the difference was in 2005, we did not rely on the home run. Getting Thome was supposed to add power to the lineup, but still keep the speed. This team was supposed to be the 2000-04 hitting, plus the 2005 pitching. To me, it's just been a better version of the 2000-04 teams. If we had this kind of pitching last year, to go w/ the offense we had last year, we'd be prolly 20 games worse than we are.

Yes we did rely on the home run. Do you remember our offense last year. It was terrible. We won a bunch of games because our pitching was tits. The only reason our O did anything in the playoffs was because guys stopped lifting and pulling. Paulie was a line drive machine in the playoffs. How many of his homers were gap to gap dongs. Instead of pull shots only.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Like what, Fathom? Crede pops up to end the game. If he hits a liner in the rc gap,

we win the game.

Playing Pods?

Wow. What games are you watching? Pods is brutal, Mackowiak is not a CF, and Uribe needs to be out there for the stetch run. That's all Ozzie. He makes the lineup cards.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)

we win the game.

Playing Pods?

You guys act like he's playing Pods over A-Rod or Soriano.

Pods is batitng .230 with a .280 OBP in the 2nd half. If you say thats our best, I suggest you check the stats out a bit more.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 03:20 AM)

we win the game.

Playing Pods?

Pods isn't the best option we have...and it's not even close. The guy is simply awful in every aspect of the game.

And yes, you don't need to pitch your starter a certain amount of innings every game. If they don't have it, then cut your losses that day, and maybe the short start will save a little of the fatigue. We keep hearing about how our pitchers are fatigued, yet we haven't done a single freaking thing to try and help them out.

Just like how we beat Tampa, the only reason we had a chance tonight was due to talent differential.

His decision to keep benching Anderson is just asinine...and I'm not one of the Anderson is God posters on this site.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 03:21 AM)
Please elaborate.

He's too busy trying to explain every decision he makes or every comment he makes, and he's gone away from what he believes in. I don't even think he believes the reasons for which he gave for why Mackowiak gets so many starts.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
Yet Joe Crede has 2 crap at bats in his final two including the final pop out.

You guys that want to blame Oz for our s***tiness baffle me.

I would play Pods over the guys you want playing.

Ozzie, you should be doing your postgame interviews, not posting on a message board.