White Sox vs. Royals Game 2........

letsgoarow

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
anyone else think that Gload could've/could have a career like Mark Grace .300 + 15-20HR, solid defense at 1B?

It seems to me that Gload could have starter somewhere for a while. But I doubt he'd ever be the first baseman for a winner.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
Well maybe the Sox will think the Detroit series on the 18th, 19th and 20th will be big enough to show up at. I wonder when they will feel the game is important. They don't seem too intense to me.

Jerry Manuel was fired for a team that showed more intensity than this team has over the last 2 months.

QUOTE(G&T @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 06:32 PM)
It seems to me that Gload could have starter somewhere for a while. But I doubt he'd ever be the first baseman for a winner.

I think Konerko is better defensively although Paulie would never had made the play Gload did the other day. I have a hard time believing Gload would hit .300 if he was a regular.

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 11:33 PM)
Players i would like to see gone next year from the chicago white sox; Garcia, Uribe, Podsednik, im on the fence about vazquez and jose.

I think you'll get your wish with Pods and Uribe. I won't believe Garcia's gone until it's official, as I can't see Ozzie trading his buddy.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
I think Konerko is better defensively although Paulie would never had made the play Gload did the other day. I have a hard time believing Gload would hit .300 if he was a regular.

PK is infinitely better at scooping throws in the dirt.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)

I agree with that.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)

I don't he has a really steady aproach at the dish and his AB's this season have been incredibly sporatic and yet he has a .300 avg thru 121 abs.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
Jerry Manuel never won anything.

Well put. I've been ripping on Oz a lot lately, but if this team doesn't have intensity, it's the player's fault more than his. That's my new opinion, subject to change.

Someone needs to inform Mr. Pauly Pull Baseball that you can hit the ball to the right of where the SS positions himself. If someone where to employ a shift for Mr Konerko, he would hit 213 for the year.

Stop being Rob Deer Kong. If they pitch you low and away, take it up the middle or to right. You cant constantly hit dribblers to the SS and think that you are going to be productive.

Worthless hitting lately.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
He won a division, manager of the year and had the best record in the AL in 2000. And he did it with a payroll far from the highest in the division.

Take last years pitching and put it on some of hte manuel teams, and I think he wins a few division championships.

People forget we had horses*** pitching for years, especially trotting out Felix Diaz, Danny Wright, Scott Showenweis, poop on a stick.