And that's a White Sox loser

aboz56

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
I know what the stats say, but I've been very disappointed with Thome over the last few months.

That cat has been overrated all year. He's a phawking disaster agaist lefties. He looks like a little leaguer out there whiffing mightily in vain. Then again, no one did anything against C.C. If I were any opposing team, I would rest all my lefties just to play the Sox, 'cause those are certain victories. Gentlemen, I'm just days away from signing off 'till next year. I'm afraid the Sox will likely be out of it when they return from the west coast. The season...... se acabo!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
Yeah. Yesterday's piss-poor effort from the bullpen really bit us in the ass today. I'm sure MacDougal would have been used in the 8th/9th today if he didn't have to throw about two innings yesterday.

:sigh

Who do you think we're dealing with here? You honestly want to stretch out MacDougal considering his arm troubles, or his relatively violent delivery? Guillen didn't pitch Logan/Tracey because he hoped to raise their confidence.

Extending MacDougal another inning yesterday with a two run lead, with Thornton available, basically left him unavailable this afternoon. He pitched the day before as well.

It's that simple.

Yay Javy.

Boo BP & Offense.

There is a little bit of baseball left to be played; twins take on the A's with out CYtana, but Liriano will be back(anyone know if he will be on a pitch count)? Detroit is in freefall, we will face both teams 3 more times, and Kansas City has been the death of contenders in the past (cle last year), so let the chips fall where they may. i hope everyone gets out side and enjoys this great fall day.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
Who do you think we're dealing with here? You honestly want to stretch out MacDougal considering his arm troubles, or his relatively violent delivery? Guillen didn't pitch Logan/Tracey because he hoped to raise their confidence.

Extending MacDougal another inning yesterday with a two run lead, with Thornton available, basically left him unavailable this afternoon. He pitched the day before as well.

It's that simple.

I agree with you; I wasn't being sarcastic.

Yesterday's s***ty effort from the bullpen, turning a nine run lead into a game that our two best relievers needed to pitch in, really had an effect on today's game. If the bullpen does it's job yesteday, we'd have MacDougal and Thorton and Jenks available, but instead -- well, we gave up seven runs in an inning.

I have to say that Brandon "The Savior" McCarthy is overrated as well. He is definitely the most overrated pitcher on this team. He may have a great future, but his present is mediocre at best. He has not pitched well this season. He would not improve our rotation. If you have a 4.79 ERA as a reliever, what kind of ERA does that translate to as a starter? Undoubtedly over 5. We don't need another starter with an ERA over 5. McCarthy also cannot be counted on in close game situations as a reliever. I sure hope he develops and improves. I'm more than a little worried about him being in the rotation next year, which apparently is a certainty at this point.

"The Fuse Is Lit?"

How f***ing hilarious. Gotta love the mindless cheerleading though. However, after a game like this and what I expect from the west coast swing, that banner is going to make me even more depressed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We won't be in the picture WHEN we crap the bed this week on the west coast.

Thought that needed fixing...

Reasons we lost today:

1 ) Jim Thome in the cleanup spot... God forbid he had to shorten his swing with two strikes...

2 ) 9th Inning Bullpen... and Brandon "Gas Can" McCarthy is the worst of them all... Well at least I thought that till Tracy came out... Of course if he would of tried to drill a few guys we would of more then likely of been looking at K's...

3 ) No more excuses... I'm sick of hearing about future HOF'r Brian Anderson from his fan boy crew... I understand he's hitting .295 since the break but has even a one of those been a clutch hit... God forbid he drive in any important runs... Yet the guy who has one of the most natural swings in the organization in Ryan Sweeney is treated like crap on here... Say what you want about Aaron Rowand but he hardly ever hit below .270 for an extended period of time... And at least he could hit in the clutch!

4 ) WTF WAS JOSH FIELDS UP IN THE ON DECK CIRCLE IN THE CREDE AT BAT FOR! OZZIE MIGHT AS WELL OF JUST SENT HIS SON UP THERE FOR THE AMOUNT OF GOOD IT WOULD OF DONE US!

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
I have to say that Brandon "The Savior" McCarthy is overrated as well. He is definitely the most overrated pitcher on this team. He may have a great future, but his present is mediocre at best. He has not pitched well this season. He would not improve our rotation. If you have a 4.79 ERA as a reliever, what kind of ERA does that translate to as a starter? Undoubtedly over 5. We don't need another starter with an ERA over 5. McCarthy also cannot be counted on in close game situations as a reliever. I sure hope he develops and improves. I'm more than a little worried about him being in the rotation next year, which apparently is a certainty at this point.

"The Fuse Is Lit?"

How f***ing hilarious. Gotta love the mindless cheerleading though. However, after a game like this and what I expect from the west coast swing, that banner is going to make me even more depressed.

If you don't like it, leave. We're not hosting a forum just to have people b**** at us.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
4 ) WTF WAS JOSH FIELDS UP IN THE ON DECK CIRCLE IN THE CREDE AT BAT FOR! OZZIE MIGHT AS WELL OF JUST SENT HIS SON UP THERE FOR THE AMOUNT OF GOOD IT WOULD OF DONE US!

If Crede would've gotten on, you would've needed a hiter who would give you a shot to hit a three run homer. Seeing how useless AJ was today (as were most of our hitters, except Tadahito), our best shot at a three run homer from someone on the bench against a lefty is Fields.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
3 ) No more excuses... I'm sick of hearing about future HOF'r Brian Anderson from his fan boy crew... I understand he's hitting .295 since the break but has even a one of those been a clutch hit... God forbid he drive in any important runs... Yet the guy who has one of the most natural swings in the organization in Ryan Sweeney is treated like crap on here... Say what you want about Aaron Rowand but he hardly ever hit below .270 for an extended period of time... And at least he could hit in the clutch!

Get off of it. After Aaron was traded you were ecstatic that BA would get a chance.

What has Sweeney shown you to make you believe he had a chance outside of one game?

I will say this much about Brandon... I think as a starter he would be damn good... Some guys just aren't made out to be relievers... just as some guys just aren't made out to be starters... He is a starter... KEEP HIM THAT WAY!!!

OHH AND IF OZZIE WANTS A SHOT IN HELL OF WINNING THIS DIVISION HE NEEDS TO USE THIS OUTFIELD TILL THE END OF THE YEAR:

LF-Sweeney CF- Anderson RF- Dye

And if one of Sweeney or Anderson don't step their game up then replace both of them i'm fed up with this s***... but it's not hard to see which of the two has the natural swing to step up... Maybe Anderson should get Sweeney to be his private coach... ohh and Sweeney stay the hell away from Greg Walker!

I've already said everything I needed to say about this team. I feel bad for us fans and KW and JR. They spent the money, and at least on paper, the moves looked solid. I think the only gamble that REALLY bit us was Anderson completely sucking the first 3 months of the season. I'm certain that lack of production at the bottom of the order has cost the Sox a couple of ballgames, at least early in the season. His at bats look absolutely awful. He has no phawking clue. Bottom line, no pitching. It was a hit or miss proposition, and we missed. Well, I will wait patiently for 2007 to try it again.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get off of it. After Aaron was traded you were ecstatic that BA would get a chance.

What has Sweeney shown you to make you believe he had a chance outside of one game?

As I have said before he has one of the most naturally compact swings I have seen since... well Aaron Rowand... I'm not saying he needs to replace Anderson... but for god sakes theres no reason he shouldn't be in Pods spot!

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've already said everything I needed to say about this team. I feel bad for us fans and KW and JR. They spent the money, and at least on paper, the moves looked solid. I think the only gamble that REALLY bit us was Anderson completely sucking the first 3 months of the season. I'm certain that lack of production at the bottom of the order has cost the Sox a couple of ballgames, at least early in the season. His at bats look absolutely awful. He has no phawking clue. Bottom line, no pitching. It was a hit or miss proposition, and we missed. Well, I will wait patiently for 2007 to try it again.

Ohhh come off it buddy... as much as i'm pissed off about this game White Sox fans are the last group that need to be felt sorry for... How many other fans got a celebrate a world series title... and as much as BA sucked in the first half I have a hard time pointing too a game we lost because of it... I just wish he could get a clutch hit now...

Mock me if you will... But I think that this is the lineup you need to go with for the rest of the year:

2B- Iguchi

CF- Anderson

RF- Dye

1B- Konerko

DH-Thome

3B- Crede

C- AJ

LF- Sweeney

SS- Uribe

God forbid that lineup might even win some games... If BA can't get hits hitting in front of Dye, Kong, and Thome theres no hope for him... and Iguchi has the skills to adust to any spot in the BO it's set in...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
I agree with you; I wasn't being sarcastic.

Yesterday's s***ty effort from the bullpen, turning a nine run lead into a game that our two best relievers needed to pitch in, really had an effect on today's game. If the bullpen does it's job yesteday, we'd have MacDougal and Thorton and Jenks available, but instead -- well, we gave up seven runs in an inning.

McCarthy cost us this ballgame in more ways than one. Had he pitched halfway decent last night, we could have saved Mac Dougal for today. Hehas totally sucked his last 5 outings in a row. Anyone b****ing about Ozzie not using McCarthy properly should be labotomized. Oh, and my favorite one.....That Ozzie is putting his pitchers in a position to fail. Cheese and cripes! Do you people hear yourselves? The kid is overrated and Ozzie has had ample reason for not using him, 'cause he has colossally sucked, period!

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
McCarthy cost us this ballgame in more ways than one. Had he pitched halfway decent last night, we could have saved Mac Dougal for today. Hehas totally sucked his last 5 outings in a row. Anyone b****ing about Ozzie not using McCarthy properly should be labotomized. Oh, and my favorite one.....That Ozzie is putting his pitchers in a position to fail. Cheese and cripes! Do you people hear yourselves? The kid is overrated and Ozzie has had ample reason for not using him, 'cause he has colossally sucked, period!

Sorry but that was all on Ozzie... you know BMAC struggles with runners on bases... so why in the hell do you put him out there with the bases loaded... he's just not cut out to be a reliever... he needs to get into the rotation RIGHT NOW! Take someone else like Garcia and try him in the pen...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
Mock me if you will... But I think that this is the lineup you need to go with for the rest of the year:

2B- Iguchi

CF- Anderson

RF- Dye

1B- Konerko

DH-Thome

3B- Crede

C- AJ

LF- Sweeney

SS- Uribe

God forbid that lineup might even win some games... If BA can't get hits hitting in front of Dye, Kong, and Thome theres no hope for him... and Iguchi has the skills to adust to any spot in the BO it's set in...

I think you have something there. Having Anderson in front of our best hitter should give him good pitches to hit. Problem is, if he doesn't hit, the Sox will likely lose many more ballgames. It is true though, if he can't hit in that situation, then it's time to move him, 'cause he's not likely to get better.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
Sorry but that was all on Ozzie... you know BMAC struggles with runners on bases... so why in the hell do you put him out there with the bases loaded... he's just not cut out to be a reliever... he needs to get into the rotation RIGHT NOW! Take someone else like Garcia and try him in the pen...

Just read this again, smart guy. Are you freaking kidding me? Garcia can't hold runners on base and you'd put him in the pen for late inning situations? You ain't got a freaking clue. It's so ridiculous that it's actually funny. McCarthy is still working on that cheese of a pitch he calls a changeup. Ozzie can clearly see that the kid struggles. Had he started this year, I doubt he would have lasted any more than 4 innings.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anderson looks awful right now. If we put him in the #2 spot, we're just making it even tougher for Dye to bat with someone on.

I disagree... if he was in the two spot it forces him to actually get decent pitches to hit... I mean right now the pitchers eat him alive because as soon as they get him out they have an even easier out in Pods right behind him...

It's been said before -- McCarthy rarely has a feel for his changeup out of the bullpen. His curveball doesn't have the noticeable "snap" to it either.

Still, I'm not giving up on him because of bullpen struggles. Even if he were to duplicate his current numbers in the rotation, he's pitching poorly for 8 million less than any of our other starters.