White Sox v. Angels, 9/11, Gamethread

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
Our catalyst sets the tone. Can we just play Pods against Cleveland, and no one else? Pods owes about a million dollars a year to the right arm of VMartinez.

Not trying to be negetive, really I try, but when everyone saw the lineup today with no kids and Mack in CF, with pretty boy leading off and in left, you KNEW it might be one of those ugly nights on offense. We've seen this same lineup over and over since the break look like monkeys out there.

Now that has been said. It might mean s***, because Count looks FILTHY right now and one or 2 might be all we need. Needless to say, Jose is the most important player today.

low and away fed like crazy to our right handed hitters. Crede takes it into right and hits it hard. Now that is the way to beat this kid if he keeps featuring low and away.

Hey I thought Ozzie was platooning Sweeney and Anderson, whats with the butcher back in CF.

The amazing Sox offense continues to roll. Where's Carmona when you need him?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 02:37 AM)
No right handed pitcher has ever beaten the great Rob Mackowiak! EVA!

That, and Mack has those pictures...

Mackowiak is one of my favorite players, and has been for a while. However, Ozzie has found a way to make me dislike him.

Uribe trying to go yard. The fact that anyone throws him a strike is just plain stupidity on their part.

I woudl just bounce a few 59 footers and let his bad mechanics get him out.

Another night of getting no hit into the 4th. Thank god we gave Walk a 3 year deal. But to top that off, we gave one to Cora also. 3 more years of poo.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
No right handed pitcher has ever beaten the great Rob Mackowiak! EVA!

That, and Mack has those pictures...

He must of called Timo and had them faxed over.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
It seems like the Sox go for real long stretches without baserunner an awful lot lately. Maybe the toll of having to provide so much offense this season has worn on them.

Actually its the ravages of trying to lift and pull on low and away pitches. Our team has failed to adjust to a method of being pitched. The only way that we can get pitchers back to challenging over the plate is either bad control, or to start to hit those low and away pitches with authority up the middle and to right.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
It seems like the Sox go for real long stretches without baserunner an awful lot lately. Maybe the toll of having to provide so much offense this season has worn on them.

They're just not being consistently tough outs.