White Sox v. Angels, 9/11, Gamethread

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
"Walks just clog up the basepaths."

Anyone else excited to see what Philip Rivers brings to the table?

Well I can't watch the Sox game so yes I'm very excited to see what Rivers has, as I'm expecting a big year out of him.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
A guy that scores 100 runs every year? Best player in team history?

Guillen talks like a used car salesman

Its hard to call him the best player in team history. The best hitter, sure. If he played in another era, his career may have been 5 or 6 years shorter than it will be now.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
Well I can't watch the Sox game so yes I'm very excited to see what Rivers has, as I'm expecting a big year out of him.

I'm not sure if he'll have a big year or not...he very well could.

Especially if the Chargers figure out that the more times LT touches the ball, the better chance they have...something they kept forgetting last year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
I just didn't see the need for him to state that.

Ozzie needs to say something to keep him on the front page.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
Over/under on how many time Vermeil sheds a tear in the booth tonight?

I used to love when Vermeil did the Big Ten games with Brent Musburger.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
Any good posters in the gamethread tonight?

I'd like to be party to inciteful comments considering I can only listen to the game tonight. But wading through these threads in search of such information is very difficult, given the level of depression.

I really hope they snap out of it. But it must be said that this is starting alot like alot of games for the last month+, it has that 2run game smell to it.. just sayin, I still think this team has a run in em still, but strangely its the hitting thats not staying hot for multiple games.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 02:27 AM)
Am I the only one who thinks that the way things are going right now, if nothing else the thought certainly has crossed his mind?

Yes, I think he'll be the type of guy who's year-to-year on his thought process. Even in the last few days, he's said things like "if I'm still here". If we miss the playoffs, maybe it will humble him.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 02:28 AM)
I really hope they snap out of it. But it must be said that this is starting alot like alot of games for the last month+, it has that 2run game smell to it.. just sayin, I still think this team has a run in em still, but strangely its the hitting thats not staying hot for multiple games.

Our catalyst sets the tone. Can we just play Pods against Cleveland, and no one else? Pods owes about a million dollars a year to the right arm of VMartinez.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
Yes, I think he'll be the type of guy who's year-to-year on his thought process. Even in the last few days, he's said things like "if I'm still here". If we miss the playoffs, maybe it will humble him.

I think he's way beyond being able to be humbled now. He has bought all the hype.