SOX VS ANGELS.... Garcia 1 hit gem

letsgoarow

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
Based on what? Williams has been linked to liking for Vazquez for a long time, and gave up ALOT to get him. I just dont see Williams shipping him off this off-season.

Vaz has also had a decent year IMO, and almost expect a very good season out of Vaz. Freddy on the other hand....

Based on the amount of money they are paying him to be a 5th starter, mainly. If he coulda moved up to 2nd or 3rd, I would say Garcia first, but he's had to many problems this year. Like I said, JMO.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
The Twins really are like the Patriots. Some of the key pieces they have really are not that good. However, with the "system" in place, they play like all stars. It really is incredible.

Ron Gardenhire is also the most underrated manager in the league, still to this day.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
And again, if Ozzie did it, people would be calling for his head.

This is September and expanded rosters allow managers to do this kind of thing. Who was it that had 13 relievers in their pen recently? I can't remember who it was.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
This is September and expanded rosters allow managers to do this kind of thing. Who was it that had 13 relievers in their pen recently? I can't remember who it was.

The Indians... Chris Singleton said they had a football team in their bullpen.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
The Twins really are like the Patriots. Some of the key pieces they have really are not that good. However, with the "system" in place, they play like all stars. It really is incredible.

I agree with this. So, as someone relatively new to the board and who lives in Cali and thus can't follow Chicago news very easily, why does the majority of this board hate the Twins so much? I'm no Pats fan but I like their organization and respect what they've accomplished. Why wouldn't the same hold for the Twins?

BTW, though I'm new to the board my childhood hero was Nellie Fox and the first thing I learned to say was Louis Aparicio so I'm not new to the Sox.

QUOTE(PA32R @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
I agree with this. So, as someone relatively new to the board and who lives in Cali and thus can't follow Chicago news very easily, why does the majority of this board hate the Twins so much? I'm no Pats fan but I like their organization and respect what they've accomplished. Why wouldn't the same hold for the Twins?

BTW, though I'm new to the board my childhood hero was Nellie Fox and the first thing I learned to say was Louis Aparicio so I'm not new to the Sox.

Because the Twins have been the bane of the Sox existence for close to the past decade. They beat the Sox almost every year late in the season... that's why we hate them. Sort of like asking a Bears fan why we hate Brett Favre

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
Because the Twins have been the bane of the Sox existence for close to the past decade. They beat the Sox almost every year late in the season... that's why we hate them. Sort of like asking a Bears fan why we hate Brett Favre

Ah. Fair enough.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
And rightfully so.

Thats not the point. The point is that people seem to think Ozzie is one of the worst managers in the league. If other managers are doing these sorts of things, do you really think that Ozzie is still one of the worst?

QUOTE(PA32R @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)

Because they're probably in the same division. :bang The posts that I have seen have been more about respect for them and their GM more than anything.