Twins vs. Tribe - 9/14

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
7-4 now. I still laugh at people who said Hunter wouldn't be an offensive upgrade over Anderson this season.

I don't like Hunter offensively at all. I (hope to any and all gods out there) wasn't one that said he wouldn't be an upgrade, but he is just an undisciplined hitter.

Swinging at the first pitch after a pitcher walks the previous hitter on 4 pitches, watching the first pitch down the middle for a strike while swinging at the next pitch out of the zone, almost always trying to pull everything, regardless of the location of the pitch. If you make a mistake up and in, the ball is gone. If you keep the pitch away, low and away, up and away, he, by and large, will not beat you unless he is crowding the plate(in which case, knock him on his ass)

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
I don't like Hunter offensively at all. I (hope to any and all gods out there) wasn't one that said he wouldn't be an upgrade, but he is just an undisciplined hitter.

Swinging at the first pitch after a pitcher walks the previous hitter on 4 pitches, watching the first pitch down the middle for a strike while swinging at the next pitch out of the zone, almost always trying to pull everything, regardless of the location of the pitch. If you make a mistake up and in, the ball is gone. If you keep the pitch away, low and away, up and away, he, by and large, will not beat you unless he is crowding the plate(in which case, knock him on his ass)

Another year of development on Anderson...and he wouldn't be an upgrade by any stretch of the Imagination. Anderson is as good or better defensively already, Hunter's going to be making like $12 million next year while BA makes $400k, all Anderson needs to do is close the gap with the bat, which he's already doing.